Better Performance

Home  \  European Imports  \  Better Performance

If i sound like a noob with this question, well that is probably cus i am. I am just wondering what engine modifications i could make to a Vauxhall Vectra 2.5 v6 SRI. I would be very gratefull if you could tell me as much as you can about each mod(name, cost, what differencce it would make to the performance etc. All replys are appreciated :thumbs:

posted by  Rocafella

I may sound igent when i say, this... what is a vectra 2.5? what does it look like and what are the numbers for it? i am courius :screwy:

posted by  Coffin Type R

i never heard of it also, i just searched it up on the net and it dosnt look to shabby.. and i thought i've seen all the cars in the world. this car just came out of no-where.. what kinda car is it? japanese, euro? im sure its not american.

posted by  Ki2AY

u clearly never played Gran Turismo 3

N00B!!!

lol j/k, anyhow, those vauxhall cars never hit the US market (or barely did, if im not mistaken). wat i can suggest is the common mods: headers, hi-flow cat, cat-back, cold air intake, spark plug wires, electric fans (only if ur fan is crank driven, else no real gains).

posted by  Inygknok

it sounds euro. what are the numbers for it?

posted by  Coffin Type R

if he doesn't know what kinds of mods he can even begin with then i have a slight doubt that he'll understand what u mean when u ask what the numbers are. Hell i dont even know what ur talking about but then again i havent talked about cars with anyone until i joined this forum, so im prob. not caught up on all the lingo as of yet. So what does 'the numbers' mean? hp?torque? engine type? displacement?

posted by  VMJYogi

I beleive vauxhall is a german company(AKA opel). as for the numbers i dont have a clue. I could tell you almost anything about making a car look good for example what body kits you can get a stuff like that but when it comes to the technical stuff, well... :screwy:

Here are some pictures so you can see what a vauxhall vectra 2.5 v6 SRI looks like...

posted by  Rocafella

the rear, top, and sides look like an E-Class (benz) spliced with a 4-door Focus. note the stop lights's design and the Focus-like curves while the sides have that bulky Benz style.

the front looks like a 98 corolla bonded with an older audi. the bonnet is corolla-style, while the head lights and front bumper remind me of an audi.

posted by  Inygknok

Good analysis, but is that good or bad. i cant tell from what you said whether you actually liked the car or not

posted by  Rocafella

vauxhall! is english origanaly, but now owned by the mighty GM :laughing:

we steal all the opel bodys (and most engines) and just re-badge em! also the same as Holden. except holden take the opel body and drop big 5.7 V8s into them! :clap: I'm sure our yank cousins can guess where the engine comes from?! to fill in all those not aware of the australian muscle cars! (holden commadore hsv, gto, gts) they take the opel omega body which typically has the 2.5 v6 engine and drop in the 5.7lt and tune it up to 300kw/420ish HP and thats before droping in the supercharger :doh:

another example of anglo/american genius!! cammadore chassis and panels (designed by brittish tom walkinshaw, F1 arrows team), paired with the american engines = proven A1 results!!

posted by  Unlicensed

it looks good though, but they should make the sides a bit less bulky. other than that, i like it.

posted by  Inygknok

LOL....I do love it when sombody posts a thread like this...whereby most US folk have no idea what in the world's going on :hi:

Vauxhall, as a brand, is British, as I believe Unlicensed has already stated. Opel is the German variation of Vauxhall and have the same models as us in the UK but some of their earlier models had the names of our later models...if ya understand what I'm saying lol, for example, the Opel Cavalier was our first generation Vauxhall Vectra. Also, their Opel Kadett was out Mk2 Astra. I hope that make sense :laughing:

Oh, and nygetc...I dont think the Vectra ever appeared in GT3...did it?...it was in GT2 though :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

GM make cars for the euro market and badge them Vauxhall in the UK and Opel in the rest of the EU. simple as that :wink2:

OMG nerd :laughing: :joking:

posted by  Car Nirvana

Now that we have established what the car is, does anybody know what "the numbers" are for this car???

Cus i have no idea :screwy:

posted by  Rocafella

im not sure about GT3, so many cars got eliminated, even the used cars section. many cars dont even appear in the buy menus but they are still around, as if hidden cars. in the buy section of the vauxhall part, there is only one car n its a race car, so i dont know, and i dont have gt2.

posted by  Inygknok