The Enzo

Home  \  European Imports  \  The Enzo

Am I the only one that isn't completely obsessed with the Ferrari Enzo? I mean, it's probably a great car, but whenever you mention cars, the Enzo is brought up. People who don't know shit about cars think they know everything about that V12 wonder. Why do people fawn over it so much?

posted by  moostang104314

i admit its a great car, theres no doubt about that. still, the looks are awfull, im sorry. i dont care if they help out greatly the aerodynamicy of the vehicle, but its still too damn ugly. next up, the cost compared to other super cars and comparing performance..... i think its too expensive.... n its like a formula 1 car, it begs to be driven fast (not something for daily driving). in fact, the car doesnt even have ABS just cuz ferrari wanted the fastest street production car title.

hence why i love the koenigsegg cc so much..... that body..... that removeable hardtop.... that power.... the handling... luxury features.... new scissor door style doors.... DAMN! its just a great car.... hell.... it even has ABS ffs.

posted by  Inygknok

^^^ditto to that! the enzo = fugly!

posted by  SuperJew

ferrari

posted by  mischa

Ferrari is a popular brand and an icon of motorsport (F1). One of their trademarks are the red color (Colore Rosso Di Ferrari). Kid's simply love Ferraris. :smoke:

posted by  lutz

it's an awesome car all around. 600 horsepower v12 and awesome looks. all who find it to be a sucky car, :fu: :cussing:. sorry, but someone has to say it.

posted by  pagani zonda s

We're not saying it's a bad car. God, it's the fastest thing on the road! It's just people without any knowledge at all about cars overreact over the Enzo.

posted by  moostang104314

Because its a rare commodity. Contrary to popular belief, the most knowledgeble car enthuisiast knows two rats asses about the car compared to one of the few hundereds of people who own it. Its extremly rare, theres no real documentation of his performance, and its a Ferrari. The fact that we know so little about the car makes everone want to know everything about it.

On a further note, whomever said the Enzo is pricey should seriously get a boot in the mouth. If you're rich enough to afford a supercar, price is not an option. I'm most definetly certain a few more $100,000 won't make or brake some richs persons bank account. Hell why they are at it lets see if they can get a private jet for 1.2 million instead of 1.5 million. :doh: Stupid :doh:

posted by  DSMer

The Enzo is not the fastest car on the road. It shouldn't even be called a car, nor should it even be on the road. It should be called a race car, a stock car. Too fast for the road.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I'd much rather cruise around in a Carrera GT.

posted by  thunderbird1100

agreed - it seems to me like a more driveable car, and its definitely better looking than the enzo..

posted by  SuperJew

Ahmen, plus we're comparing Porsche to Ferrari here, I mean, COME ON.

Porsche > Ferrari.

After seeing the Enzo in person, I have to admit I like it much better than in pictures. I still find it much more attractive than the F50, but I prefer the F40 over either of them. I do like the Carrera GT over teh F50, as well, but it's only on par with the Enzo, to me.

Doesn't matter. if I had the money for an Enzo, I'd probably buy an F40 and a new Ford GT, And a '67 Jag XKE convertible for a daily driver... :smoke: with money left over...

posted by  ChrisV

I personally like the rough grand-grand father of the Enzo, the 288 GTO. It's a V8 Biturbo with an incredible sound - a "muscle car" made in Italy. No car did impress me more than this (I don't know why) - just In My very own Opinion. :smoke:

posted by  lutz

A men to that bro :thumbs:
I also think there has never been a better Ferrari since

posted by  Car Nirvana

havn't you heard of the Keonigsegg?

posted by  Lightout

The Enzo is a great car but Ferrari didn't make enough

posted by  WelshCars

Exactly 369, am I right?
In good times, isn't every Ferrari model some kind of a limited edition? :wink2:

posted by  lutz

nope - 399 last i heard. they bumped it up from 369 i bet.

posted by  SuperJew

...is it possible that some of Ferrari's best customers does lodge a complaint on Ferrari because they couldn't get hold of an Enzo? :laughing:

posted by  lutz

Its spelled Koenigsegg :thumbs:

Between a ferrari enzo and a Koenigsegg CCR i would pick the Koenigsegg.

a sweedish super car.. 242+mph and 60mph in 3.2 seconds! means 1/4mile time of 9 seconds at 146mph :mrgreen: yes please!

I just think it looks a beast as well :thumbs:

posted by  Lukaz

On the 2003 Gumball rally they had a Koenigsegg cc8s witch broke down at least 3 time's after that they gave up. So I'll stick with the XJ220 thanx :thumbs:

posted by  Car Nirvana

Sure, lets pick a mutt ass company like Jaguar over Ferrari.. Pfft Ferrari owns ass in high performance cars. You shant doubt the skill of such a prestegious company. They've been in the business quite a while, and no Sweedish manufactuer can take their quality, taste, style, and performance away with one single car. Ferraris are so damn good you can't just compare them with other cars, you gotta compare them with every other car ever made. I don't think a Koenigsegg can say that....

posted by  DSMer

:does interuption thing:

Porsche > Ferrari....IMO :laughing:

Porsche now theres a company :thumbs: as i put in a previous post Porsche has everything for me and more :smoke: . I Digress the ferrari is a mixed bag for every but most people love them and can you blame them? i cant .. all i will say is personally id rather take the keys to a F40 than an enzo.

posted by  Lukaz

And whats wrong with Jaguar they may have some problems but they are no way a 'mutt ass company' :screwy:
also I never said anything about Ferrari. I said XJ220 over CC8S you stupid toerag :banghead:
and about having a XJ220 it is *IMO* :clap:

No if you look at any test where they test a Ferrari against its rivals it hardly eva comes out on top

posted by  Car Nirvana

And whats wrong with Jaguar they may have some problems but they are no way a 'mutt ass company' :screwy:
Correction, for our lamen friends(you). A mutt is referred to as a dog that has two different breeds of parents. Jaguar was owned by two different countries hence the mutt part.

also I never said anything about Ferrari. I said XJ220 over CC8S you stupid toerag :banghead:
Correction, this thread is about a Ferrari Enzo. Stating that you would rather have xxcar, directly implies that you are saying the car you would want is better than a Ferrari or better than the car listed in the topic.

and about having a XJ220 it is *IMO* :clap:
Hmm... Seriosly? I was so unaware that anything that you type and or came from your own thought process was your opinion. Woah and you even had to label it as IMO as if it was somone elses opinion. Yet you call me "stupid".. right opening your mouth proved whos the ignoramus.

No if you look at any test where they test a Ferrari against its rivals it hardly eva comes out on top
[ENZO]
660 bhp @ 7800 rpm
485 ft lbs @ 5500 rpm
217.5 mph
0 - 60 mph 3.4 seconds
0 - 100 mph 6.5 seconds
[JAGUAR]
542.0 bhp @ 7000 rpm
475.0 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm
212.3 mph
0 - 60 mph 4.0 seconds
0 - 100 mph 8.0 seconds

Got anything else to say?

posted by  DSMer

Main Entry: mutt
Pronunciation: 'm&t
Function: noun
Etymology: short for muttonhead dull-witted person
Date: 1901
1 : a stupid or insignificant person : FOOL
2 : a mongrel dog : CUR

posted by  DodgeRida67

Correction, for our lamen friends(you). A mutt is referred to as a dog that has two different breeds of parents. Jaguar was owned by two different countries hence the mutt part.
Ok I think you mean limey not lamen if your on about me being british
also what two countries used to own Jaguar :screwy:

Correction, this thread is about a Ferrari Enzo. Stating that you would rather have xxcar, directly implies that you are saying the car you would want is better than a Ferrari or better than the car listed in the topic.
Yes but if you look we went off topic talking about the CC8S

Hmm... Seriosly? I was so unaware that anything that you type and or came from your own thought process was your opinion. Woah and you even had to label it as IMO as if it was somone elses opinion. Yet you call me "stupid".. right opening your mouth proved whos the ignoramus.
I said that because you dont have any respect for peoples opinion you just start saying you know best and getting aggressive

[ENZO]
660 bhp @ 7800 rpm
485 ft lbs @ 5500 rpm
217.5 mph
0 - 60 mph 3.4 seconds
0 - 100 mph 6.5 seconds
[JAGUAR]
542.0 bhp @ 7000 rpm
475.0 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm
212.3 mph
0 - 60 mph 4.0 seconds
0 - 100 mph 8.0 seconds
I wasnt on about the Enzo v XJ220 because they av never been compared probably due to the fact the XJ220 is about 12 years older than the Enzo so its just a tad unfair :screwy:
But if you do want to compare
Enzo £600,000
XJ220 £100,000
and the XJ220 is much better looking and the cabin is much much nicer

oh and btw
XJ220
Top speed 217.1 mph
0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds

Got anything else to say?
Yes look above

posted by  Car Nirvana

Omg, I thought you were just playing stupid. If you have'nt know or did'nt know. Jaguar started off as a British car company, and Ford Motor Corp owns a considerabale ammount of it. Ford is American, British is Europen. I'm almost assertive those two are different countries.

Not I meant lamen, you're british you have no imput on American vocabulary. Enough said...

"Blah Blah Blah, I labled my opinion as...." oh STFU. I know its your opinion you don't need to state that. Your a dumbass for doing so. We all know its your opinion, stop trying to clarify it as if that makes the bullshit that comes out of your mouth any more justified because its "your opinion". Its still a stupid opinion , but trust me when I say this; I can decide opinion from fact.

Hmm, now you'e gonna try and pull the oh my car is 12 years older thats unfair. Lick my scrotum, there are plenty of cars that are beyond 20+ years old that could still kick some mondern cars asses today. Anywhos stating the price for and Enzo to a Jaguar is quite useless. You can't even buy an Enzo even if you have the money. The car is so rare there is no point in even trying to obatain it until about 3-5 years from now.

Then you go off and try to repost some "stats" about the car that still can't even top the Enzo. Useless, you could have kept those to yourself. Close only works in hand gernades and horseshoes. You still cant back up your shitty evaluation of what cars can outperform another.

"Yes but if you look we went off topic talking about the CC8S"
How simple can you be. This topic is about an Enzo, I don't care if we were talking about twinkies 60+ post later. If you state that you'd rather have a XJ220, you are indriectly implying that you would prefer that over an Enzo. Damn, are you that slow?

Now shut up and stop aruging with me. You were wrong, man up and quit bitching.

posted by  DSMer

O...K, I'll get this one back on topic aswell shall I?

Compared to the likes of the Zonda I love the Enzo, compared to the likes of the Carrera GT however....

Maybe it's that I dont like Italian cars in general, but I think that the Enzo looks far too much like either an aeroplane or an F1 car to be considered a road car :2cents:

Oh, and Car Navana...your sig, why is the end bit for me? lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

klhlkh

posted by  Cliffy

Omg, I thought you were just playing stupid. If you have'nt know or did'nt know. Jaguar started off as a British car company, and Ford Motor Corp owns a considerabale ammount of it. Ford is American, British is Europen. I'm almost assertive those two are different countries.
Yes I know that Ford own Jaguar, but the ****ing countries dont own them you dumbass twit :banghead:

Not I meant lamen, you're british you have no imput on American vocabulary. Enough said...
thank god

"Blah Blah Blah, I labled my opinion as...." oh STFU. I know its your opinion you don't need to state that. Your a dumbass for doing so. We all know its your opinion, stop trying to clarify it as if that makes the bullshit that comes out of your mouth any more justified because its "your opinion". Its still a stupid opinion , but trust me when I say this; I can decide opinion from fact.
Before you go spilling out all this bullshit I think you should read my THIS part of one of my post's 'I said that because you dont have any respect for peoples opinion you just start saying you know best and getting aggressive'. Also about the 'I can decide opinion from fact'. Show me the facts but dont go showing me that it goes faster because this isnt what makes a car

Hmm, now you'e gonna try and pull the oh my car is 12 years older thats unfair. Lick my scrotum, there are plenty of cars that are beyond 20+ years old that could still kick some mondern cars asses today. Anywhos stating the price for and Enzo to a Jaguar is quite useless. You can't even buy an Enzo even if you have the money. The car is so rare there is no point in even trying to obatain it until about 3-5 years from now.
As for the 'Lick my scrotum' part. NO. Im not gay :screwy: and then you go and back up one of my points by saying 'You can't even buy an Enzo even if you have the money. The car is so rare there is no point in even trying to obatain it until about 3-5 years from now.' YOU DUMB ****

Then you go off and try to repost some "stats" about the car that still can't even top the Enzo. Useless, you could have kept those to yourself. Close only works in hand gernades and horseshoes. You still cant back up your shitty evaluation of what cars can outperform another.
I didnt 'try to repost some "stats"'. I corrected YOUR stats which were wrong because you know shit and you are stupid. So if I had a Citroen Saxo that could 'top the Enzo' that would be a better car for it, because thats the type of thing your saying :screwy:

"Yes but if you look we went off topic talking about the CC8S"
How simple can you be. This topic is about an Enzo, I don't care if we were talking about twinkies 60+ post later. If you state that you'd rather have a XJ220, you are indriectly implying that you would prefer that over an Enzo. Damn, are you that slow?
Right, 'OFF TOPIC' means you are not talking about the topic, which in this case is the Enzo
:doh: are you this dumb or are you playing around, then you go and say Im slow :screwy:

Now shut up and stop aruging with me. You were wrong, man up and quit bitching.
How the **** can I be 'wrong' when all I wrote was correct stats and my opinion and dont give me 'man up' and the other crap untill your a man yourself :fu:

posted by  Car Nirvana

^^^ umm...huh?

posted by  SuperJew

What ?

posted by  Car Nirvana

I was referring to your long-assed post, and how i was, and still am, utterly baffled as to what it means.

[edit] thanks for the color change...now i can try to understand it. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Exactly my point SuperJew.

I think Car Nirvana has soiled himself within those last few points moreso than an adolescent with diarreah. Point being Car Nirvana, you seem to base all of your "arguments" on things that can only proven by what you "think" is right(aka your opinion). Then when I prove you wrong with facts you try and twist my wording or take it to the utmost literal extent. It does'nt matter how red you make your text, or how much profanity you use. No ammount of elusivness will take away from the fact that you don't know two shits about any of the cars you speak.

Back to the topic.

posted by  DSMer

Looks to me that your stupid and cant understand english
also when the **** did you prove me wrong with facts

posted by  Car Nirvana

Your Message