Lamborghini Gallardo!!!

Home  \  European Imports  \  Lamborghini Gallardo!!!

Sweeet car!!, its really cool that Lamborghini came out with 2 cars in the just about the same year, thats awesome, The Gallardo, is not as fast as the mercielago though, it has a V12 and the Gallardo has a V10 and has 492 hp and the mercielago has 500 hp. The gallardo does 0-60 in 4.2 secs, Top speed is 192. I like the car alot, and cost 100 grand less than the Murcielago! :D :D :D ......it is a "affordable" Lamborghini, even though 165 grand is alot :D :D .... THESE CARS ARE BOTH SOO SWEEET!

posted by  S2000Boy

http://dir.yahoo.com/Recreation/Automotive/Makes_and_Models/Volkswagen/

posted by  vwhobo

I've gotta give you credit, you're consistently inconsistent. This time you got the specs almost correct on the car you're talking about but then blow it on the one you're comparing it to.

The Murcielago only puts out 500 hp. Try 572, quite a difference. If anyone cares to check I've provided links.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=6996&page_ number=1

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6736&page_n umber=1

posted by  vwhobo

Poor kid...

posted by  Motorhead

I just found out that VW owns Lamborghini :D :D it made my day.

posted by  84_Jetta_GLi

Really? Mind giving me a link to your source?

posted by  Motorhead

road and track said 500 hp.. oh well.

posted by  S2000Boy

Maybe we're not talking about the same R&T. Take a look. Or maybe reading lessons would be in order.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=663&page_nu mber=9&preview=

posted by  vwhobo

i read road and track alot, i get it every month, so what ever i say comes from that.. i read alot...and moterhead, im not poor, so back off your new too so you cant talk. i wanna see you give me better specs.

posted by  S2000Boy

He wasn't even referring to you, he was referring to Jetta. And who asked about you're financial status? The fact that someone is new doesn't make them stupid, it just worked out that way with you. Motorhead at least asks questions instead of making totally incorrect statements like you have a habit of doing. Maybe you should just give up before you make a bigger ass of yourself.

Here's a thought. Maybe you should change your name to Ass2000Boy. 8)

posted by  vwhobo

oh my bad, go f uck your self!

posted by  S2000Boy

I didn't mean that kind of poor you idiot, I was expressing sympathy to you because everyone is flaming you!

VWhobo, actually the "poor kid" post was directed to ass2000x, and I asked Jetta for a link to the source

posted by  Motorhead

Yeah, I got that. That's what I was telling Ass2000Boy.

posted by  vwhobo

Did you read that in Road & Track too sweetie. Don't let your mommy know you talk like that.

posted by  vwhobo

no i didnt, lol , sorry i got a little mad there, no hard feelings duders.

posted by  S2000Boy

my bad moterhead, i thought u were talking about me.

posted by  S2000Boy

Good grief, you guys. Can't we all just get along? Anyway, what do y'all really think of the Gallardo in comparison to the Murcielago? Is there one you think is better or worth what you'd be paying for it? I personally adore the Murcielago but the Gallardo does seem competent.

posted by  ferrarichika

No!

They're both beautiful cars but in different classes at substantially different prices. Once again it's a case of comparing apples and oranges. At those prices I could buy a multitude of toys instead of having my money in one Italian (German) basket.

posted by  vwhobo

I dont care what anyone says this car is pimp. what more can you say but perfection about a 4 cam 40 valve V-10 that produces 500 bhp at 7800. My friend has an S2000 and its red line is 9000 as i am sure you all know and i find it amazing that this car has a redline close to that even with the much bigger engine. The Audi ownership will bring great things to lamborghini's future and I am glad that i will be there to see it. :D

posted by  theunbelivaBULL

thank you very much!!

posted by  S2000Boy

::laughs::

1988 BMW 528e 5 speed

0-60mph: 6.8 sec
Top Speed: 150mph...that I've gotten it to.
HP: 193hp (?? unsure, but found this number on a BMW website)
Engine: 2.8 litre inline 6, 24 valve, Fuel injected. STOCK!!
non-turbo charged.

I think in the least...I'd keep up with you. That would certainly put a damper on your "fast" car.

Just think if I was to bolt on some after-market stuff...upgrade the air intake, larger exhaust, computer chip,
this 15 year old car with over 230k miles would do just as my sig reads below!

See it here (http://www.bmwsport.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10187/normal_DailyDriverFr ont.jpg)

Just some friendly rivalry :D

posted by  BavarianWheels

theunbelivaBULL wrote -
"My friend has an S2000 and its red line is 9000 as i am sure you all know and i find it amazing that this car has a redline close to that even with the much bigger engine."

I used to have a Ford that had a redline of over 5,000rpm but 9,000rpm is just crazy!

posted by  snoopewite

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the S2000 engine based on a superbike motor? It's not really the size of the engine that allows it to redline so high, it's more the size of the cylinders and length of the stroke that dictate a car's maximum rpm's.

posted by  Widowmaker2k

The S2000 engine is an automobile specific design. That being said, with Honda manufacturing both cars and bikes the lines get a bit blurry. What's good for one is good for the other in some way or form so the technology is most certainly shared.

You are right in saying that the engine's stroke plays the major factor in an engines maximum RPM, or more correctly piston speed which is directly related to stroke. Keep in mind that other factors such as reciprocating weight, valvetrain components and material strength are factors as well. Obviously a bigger engine will have bigger, heavier parts so this would come into play at a lower RPM.

I also want to add that making big power by spinning the hell out of small engines is nothing new to Honda. The 1965 RC-165 roadracer put out 54hp at 17,000 RPM from only 500 CC's. Remember thats almost a 40 year old design.

posted by  vwhobo

You guys are quite rude to each other. Calm down.

There is some confusion out here, and it goes like this. S2000 quoted the Gallardo HP rating, but said Murcielago. The Murcielago, in American Ponies, is between 550-575. The Gallardo packs a cool 500.

posted by  PorscheMoBscene

Did you know that VW also owns Bently?

posted by  Car Guy

the Saturn (that is now sold) would redline at 6,000RPM. Atleast when reving in neutral :orglaugh:

posted by  Satty101

Satty101, I was just joining in with the BULLshit that theunbelivaBULL used to post. I've said what I used to think of him before in the "Babes" forum of all places. At the start of his stay with us, I'm sure that his game was all about sending posts that weren't actually lies but just didn't make any real sense. People didn't realize what he was doing and were taking his posts seriously while he was having a joke at their expense.

posted by  snoopewite

man...Deja vue. I didn't know that. my bad. :doh:

posted by  Satty101

1995 Mercedes C280
Engine - 2.8L Stright 6
Top Speed - 140mph (that i have gotten it to)
HP- 195

Hey look i can keep up with you to :laughing:

posted by  Car Guy

So you're saying that the 1995 MBZ's technology can "still" keep up with my BMW's 1988 technology? Oh...point for Car Guy... :clap: :clap:

:banghead: :banghead:
NOT

NO thats not what im saying i wouldent know if a 1988 MBZ could keep up with a 88 BMW since i only own a 95 but just for kicks lets take a look at a 1988 MBZ 560 SEL

Engine - V8
HP - 238
Top Speed - approx 142 mph

Well there you have it. It looks like MBZ's technology for 1988 would be able to keep up with BMW

posted by  Car Guy

You are such an air-head...now it takes a V8 to keep up with my inline 6 cyl?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hey Bav if you only have the 2.8L then you onlu have 127HP
2.7L 127 hp I6
3.4L 182 hp I6
3.5L 256 hp I6

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?modelid=139&src=vip

And it looks like the 1988 MBZ 190e would keep up with your BMW

2.5L 93 hp I5
2.3L 130 hp I4
2.6L 158 hp I6 <--- with this engine

posted by  Car Guy

Your point being? It still seems it takes MBZ some 30hp extra to keep up...granted they pulled that out of "less"...but mine is an eta engine...tuned for fuel mileage...efficiency...

If I get my dream car...1988 e28 M5...the stock engine (with a chip that costs about $300.00...and quite possibly without it) will keep up with almost anything built today! I'm looking at some and they're still a bit out of my range at 13k - 15k for a really nice well kept M5...but I'm looking...it could become reality. All I need to do is pull my kids out of private school!!!

I'd say for the low hp output of my eta engine 140mph + is not bad considering the only mod is stainless steel exhaust system.

My speedo only goes to 145mph...and I've pegged it and it was still pulling...I don't think I've made it to 150mph...but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd be embarrassed if I was neck and neck with my car driving a 1996 and up...it's the four-door people mover for goodness sake!!

And they used to own rolls royce, still own Audi (concequently Lambo too), Seat, Skoda, Bugatti and i once heard Lotus too, but i question the last one..There are more but i can't remember then right now..

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

no, VW does not own Lotus...but you are correct on all the others - Audi, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda, Bugatti.

posted by  SuperJew

From what I've read it looks as though vw is going for market control they own all those awesome companys and i heard they have been trying to buy
Ferrari and Maserati. That was a couple months ago and i dont know how that turned out. Fiat would be pretty stupid to part with Ferari.

posted by  wishihada911

Your Message