Vw enthusiasts come in!

Home  \  European Imports  \  Vw enthusiasts come in!

Here Vw lovers will talk and show pics of their Vw's , and also give questions or problems about Vw's!

posted by  vwmaniac

alright i've got a question...

What makes VW so great? they aren't fast... unless you put aftermarket stuff on them. and i don't really know if they're reliable. but i'm assuming so bcuz u all say they're reliable. and they aren't really a manufacturer that makes their cars stand out in a croud. to me VWs are just normal cars that people buy bcuz they're cheap.

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Well Vw's now are starting to be actually quite fast cars.
Also they used to be cheap cars now they are starting to be quite expensive.
People buy them because of their reliability,looks,performance and German quality.
They also have low gas emissions too.

posted by  vwmaniac

Anybody know what an r32 is??
And if anynody does tell me and we'll talk about it.
Or just come in and show your Vw or ask questions about them??

posted by  vwmaniac

I know what a R32 is, it's a VW GOLF!!! VW GOLF R32, the sports version of the Golf, better than a GTi. Looks awsome when kitted up, so VWMANIAC u want to talk about it? post your opionions then :D ... Oh I have a pic of the car as well, enjoy!!!

posted by  Gavin.TDi

Finally somebody knows what an R32 is!!
I've talked to so many people and they don't have a clue.
Hey Gavin.TDI do you think they will make a VW GOLF R32 ON the golf 5??
Since they already have stopped making the golf 4 R32.
I hope they do make a golf 5 R32 though.
I can see that your username is with the letters TDI in it.
Do you like the VW TDI engines.I LOVE THEM!!!!!
In Europe a VW Bora(new jetta in europe)1.9L TDI can do 210km/h!!!!!!!!!
That is more than a base model 2.0L engine for the Bora that runs on gas.
Even though the new bora 1.9 TDI engine is quite fast for a diesel, it still has marvelous emissions!
What do you think about this TDI engine???????

posted by  vwmaniac

I know what the R32 is....and love it

heres a pic of it (i think) from the Autosdadt in Wolfsburg...

posted by  SuperJew

Hey Superjew,that is from tha Autosdatd in Wolfsburg.
I see you,ve been there too.
Did you sit in it??

posted by  vwmaniac

noo....it was up on the rotating pedestal. i would have liked to sit in it though.

posted by  SuperJew

I did sit in it, and it was sweet.

posted by  vwmaniac

Hey VWManiac happy Halloween mate :twisted:!!! yes I love the Turbo Diesel Injection engines, especially in VWs, they are great!!! '' In Europe a VW Bora(new jetta in europe)1.9L TDI can do 210km/h!!!!!!!!! '' NOW if you convert the KM/H into MPH that's 130mph, impressive for a 1.9 TDi. I hope too that VW will have R32 on Golf mk 5s, have you seen the new VW Golf Mk5? I'll post a new topic on it!!!

posted by  Gavin.TDi

Happy Halloween to you too!Yes, I have seen the new Golf 5 pics and have replied to your Golf 5 forum with a few pics of the golf 5 GTI. From the Frankfurt motorshow.Go check them out, and tell me what you think.

posted by  vwmaniac

What a nice car, it's the first time I've seen it, it looks awsome. Thanks for the pics VWMANIAC. I really like the radiator grill. So do you know any specifications for the GTi? Hope the performance will be much better than the Mk4 GTi.

posted by  Gavin.TDi

Hey.I found some specs of the GOLF MK5.I found out that there will be an R32 model coming a bit later than the begginig of the normal GOLF MK5 production.
The golf MK4 R32 has 240hp,and the MK5 R32 is supposed to have 270hp!
I didn't find the top speeds or accelaration of the MK5 yet though.I wonder what the MK5's top speed and accelaration will be.Since the MK4 R32 has a top speed of 250km and an accelaration of 6.5 secs.I'll still keep on lookingfor the complete specs of the MK5 though, and Gavin.TDI if you find any tell me.PLZ.THX

posted by  vwmaniac

Sorry but I don't know the specs of the MK5 GTI.Though I willl go and search for them.When i find them I'll write them here.(I don't really think that the MK5 will have alot better specs than the MK4 but I think it will have a bit better specs.Oh who knows we'll see when I find the real specs.

posted by  vwmaniac

That's good news VWManiac, VW is gonna make the MK5 R32! and with 270 bhp!!! Cool :D If the Mk4 R32 has 240 bhp, top speed 250 KM/h which is 155mph, and does 0-60 in 6.5 secs, then if the MK5 R32 has a 270 bhp engine, it's top speed in theory should be at least over 165 depending on the mass, 0-60 i guess should be around 6 seconds or maybe below depending on the mass again and of cause the engine's torque. So if that's true then what a car the MK5 R32 is going to be!!! I'll try to find out the official specs ASAP.

posted by  Gavin.TDi

I have no information on the A5 R32 but would like to clarify something for you. The top speed will not be limited by "mass" but by aerodynamics. Acceleration is limited by weight.

posted by  vwhobo

Oh yeah, thanks VWhobo, I got the two mixed up

posted by  Gavin.TDi

I have the info about the MK5 R32 in a Polish magazine.It has a large section of previews of the MK5.Though vwhobo isn't sometimes mass that makes a car's top speed lower???Like for example a 2002 Skoda Fabia has a 1.4l 16v engine that is made by vw,the 2002 vw polo has the exact same engine.The Skoda's top speed is 164km/h and an accelaration of 12.4sec.As for the Polo, it's top speed is 174km/h and it's accelaration is 11.2secs.I don't think that aerodynamics could make such a difference in top speed?If I'm wrong, then please tell me why.

posted by  vwmaniac

But the VW has different gearing allowing to be deeper into the powerband before becoming aero limited. You're comparing apples and oranges here.

And let's get your terminology straight. You are talking about weight. Mass is defined as "the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field". Mass effects weight but weighs nothing in and of itself.

Here goes some of my free association again. This post made me think of it and don't anybody bother getting pissed, I'm 75% Polack.

posted by  vwhobo

Hey.hobo thx for telling me.But that pic of yours really pissed me off!By the way how can you be a POLAK if you wrote polak like this,POLACK??????!!!!!

posted by  vwmaniac

Because that's how it's spelled? Sorry to confuse you.

And you don't need to PM me to tell me to read your replies. I've got the system figured out.

Here's another one. Damn I'm funny.

A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear a Polack joke?"

The guy next to him replies, "Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs. and I'm Polish. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2" tall, weighs 225, and he's Polish. The fella next to him is 6'5" tall, weighs 250, and he's Polish. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?"

The first guy says, "Nah, I don't want to have to explain it three times."

posted by  vwhobo

ha ha ha(yawns)

posted by  vwmaniac

Can we please get back to talking about Vw's.
So vwhobo(or anybody out there), what is your favorite Volkswagen?????

posted by  vwmaniac

Well I think I've answered that question enough times here. Have you tried my profile?

Q: Did you hear that the Polish government bought a thousand septic tanks?
A: As soon as they learn to drive them, they're going to invade Russia.

posted by  vwhobo

Brand new GTI VR6 :twisted:

posted by  SuperJew

And why would they ivade Russia?????
I love Poland and I know that they have a pretty weak army right now.So if they invaded Russia they'de die real quick.Polan knows how powerful Russia is.THough I agree with you the Polish government is really stupid.But to come to thnk of it, whose government isn't stupid in some way???

posted by  vwmaniac

sorry for the wrong spelling.INVADE*LOL

posted by  vwmaniac

Monaco's- still no income tax!!! :P :P

posted by  SuperJew

Hint... IT'S A JOKE!

posted by  vwhobo

Holy!!!!!THat's awesome!!!!!!!
Isn't that the 20'th anniversary edition???????
Since the 20'th anniversary edition has a 1.8turbo engine, not a 2.8l VR6.

posted by  vwmaniac

Here's a pic of a sweet Jetta VR6.ENJOY!

posted by  vwmaniac

no i perfer the 2.8 V6....im not a huge fan of turbo 4-bangers.

posted by  SuperJew

I really like the VR6(since I have one)though I really don't mind the 1.8turbos.

posted by  vwmaniac

What do you guys think of this car.It's a VW Lupo GTI.(onlysold in Europe)
My friend in Poland has one and these little GTI's are FAST!!

posted by  vwmaniac

ive always thought the lupos were pretty cool

posted by  mazda6man

I think that they are really neat.It would be cool if they sold them in North America also.

posted by  vwmaniac

The Lupo Gti, I dont like the headlight, too 'geeky' if u know wat I mean VWMANIAC. Does VW Polo do GTIs ???

posted by  Gavin.TDi

Hey, has everyone seen the VW Passat 2005 concept, or is it? Don't know about the specs and stuff, but I got 2 pretty good pics of it, enjoy!

ps it'll be good if someone could tell me some specs of the car, thx

posted by  Gavin.TDi

I like it as a whole! The rear of this is really aggressive in appearance.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Yes, that's the new Passat, same platform and basic drivetrain as the Phaeton. The main difference is feature content and if I remember correctly a few inches in wheelbase.

posted by  vwhobo

Yes. There are Polo GTI's.
And I think that the new passat looks beutiful.
I wonder how the next Phaeton will look though.
Go to www.vw-racing.com to see VW Polo GTI pics.

posted by  vwmaniac

are any of yall members at vwvortex.com?
:D

posted by  (o) (o)

http://www.thephaeton.co.uk/

posted by  vwhobo

Hey, Gavin_TDI here's a pic of a Polo GTI.ENJOY!

posted by  vwmaniac

You're welcome for the link for the Phaeton.

By the way, the last year of production for that Polo GTI was 2002 so the correct answer is no, they don't make them but they used to.

posted by  vwhobo

Sorry vwhobo, that I didn't say thanks.So thanks.
I know that they stopped producing the GTI Polo now, but I thought that Gavin just wanted to know if there are polo GTI"s.
And again thanks for the phaeton link.

posted by  vwmaniac

Hi everyone,
Sorry for not posting recently, I've been busy with my school course work :? Always a pain in the neck!
Anyway, thanks VWMANIAC for the polo pics, I like it. And sorry for not making it clear, I did mean if there are any VW Polo GTIs around.

My uncle is thinking about buying a new car, so he asked me, from what he was telling me, I think he wanted a executive saloon and priced around £20,000 thats about $32,000. SO first thing on my mind was a brand new VW Passat V6 4Motion 2.8L 5speed manual, it has a V6 190 BHP engine, and recomended retail price is £21,650 which is perfect. Or a V6 TDI 2.5L 160 BHP 6speed manual, that is only £21,875 RRP. Does anyone know which one is the better choice?
Audi A4s are another option, so is a Honda Accord 2.4 i-VTEC Executive. Any better options???

posted by  Gavin.TDi

Wouldn't that depend substantially on if he wants a gas or diesel powered car?

posted by  vwhobo

yeah, i c your point, but he doesn't care about fuels. I know it's pretty expensive in the UK, but he's rich man, so what do u reckon which one?

posted by  Gavin.TDi

I care about fuels, so that means that I would chose the V6 2.5 TDI engine.THough you said that your uncle doesn't really care about fuels, I recommend the V6 2.8l 4motion Passat.An Audi A4 would be a great choice also.I like it almost as much as the Passat.
You can go with the Accord if you want, but I don't really like Japanese cars,though it really is your decision.
Finally I would chose one of the Passat's.

posted by  vwmaniac

Thanks VWMANIAC, my uncle decided he's going to buy the passat, V6 2.8l 4motion, we found out a dealer who sells that for only £20,599, cause it's the end of the year clearance or something. We're going this weekend. Hope it'll be good :D

posted by  Gavin.TDi

Sweet!!
If you could, would you be able to post a pic once your uncle gets it??

posted by  vwmaniac

Yeah I would love to, but the problem is I haven't got a Digital Camera or a scanner. If I get a digital cam or borrow one, I'll post the pics on here.

posted by  Gavin.TDi

So,GAVIN_TDI did your uncle get the passat yet??If he did what does he think of it and what do you think of it?

posted by  vwmaniac

Well...NOPE VWMANIAC, the car is good, bodywork is great so is the interia and everything, air con working fine, SAT NAV, ESP, PAS, EDL and all the high tec stuff...NICE but the engine doesn't feel it has very much power when accelerating and it made a funny noise, the manual gear shift is bit dodgy as well (same with loads of VWs), and I found out one of the side doors won't shut properly, not very obvious but it is a tiny bit bent. It has done 13,000 miles on the clock not 9000 the dealer told us. Me uncle told the dealer to reduce the price and the dealer refused. So me and me Uncle thought it's not worth taking the risk, so we left, EMPTY HANDED :( But still got all that money :D Just have to wait for another one!

posted by  Gavin.TDi

Hey VWMANIAC, my uncle has found another nice Passat, same as the one we looked at few weeks ago, V6 2.8l 4motion, but silver. Going this weekend, this has to be the one :D

posted by  Gavin.TDi

I hope it is!Good luck.

posted by  vwmaniac

they look stupid
drive slow
cost billions

and worst of all most of them look like suzuki ignis!

posted by  stringer001

Well,that is your opinion,and if you would have read the name of the topic correctly you would have seen it is VW ENTHUSIASTS COME IN!!Not ANTI-VW PEOPLE COME IN!!See you don't fall under the topic.

posted by  vwmaniac

Vwhobo,I just found out that vw started making Polo GTI's again.You know the new style one.It is going to have a 1.8turbo(4 cylinder)engine,150hp, and a top speed of 230km/h.It is the fastest out of its competitors,the Ford Fiesta ST(2.0l,147hp)which has a top speed of 225km/h.The last competitor is a Opel Corsa OPC(2.2l,147hp)it's top speed is 220km/h.

posted by  vwmaniac

Your Message