Which Porsche

Home  \  European Imports  \  Which Porsche

I am looking to buy a 1989 or older porsche from Japan in the next 2 months and I need to know more about them. I do not know that much about the models and would really like a good comparison if someone could help me out.

posted by  Indigo_Hammer

do you live in japan? Or do you just think that porsches are only made in japan? I fail to see why you want one from japan.

posted by  Godlaus

The 944 Turbo S are a good balance of looks, handling and performance and are not too expensive

I agree I dunno what's up w/Japan...if you want a car from Japan...get a freaking Skyline, an FTO, a real Silvia..something we dont get here stateside...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Ditto.

posted by  StiMan

I live in Canada and have imported a few cars like Nissan Skyline GTRs, Toyota Land Cruiser BJ70-74, my BMW 735i, and a few others. The used car market is saturated and austions sell as many as 160,000 cars a month. There are large fees to keep cars for very long in Japan, so people sell after a few years.

Here in Canada you cannot import a car until they are 15 years old.

This is why I am bringing cars from there.

Now I am looking for information about Porsches. I would like to know more about the difference between the 911, Cerarra , Cererra 2 and other makes of this similar body style as I can get these no problem. Porsches are expensive to repair and hard to find a good mechanic for. This is why I would like to know more about them.

Thanks for the interest. Do you guys know much about Prorches from 1989 and older?

posted by  Indigo_Hammer

Ahh... ok now that makes more sense... :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

for starters its Carrera :wink2: , and secondly, from the ones you just mentioned, their is no difference..

a 911 IS a Carrera
a Carrera 2 (which im not really sure they use that term) would mean two wheel drive

these are the different 911's (from cheapest to most $$)

1) Carrera
2) Carrera Cabriolet (convertible)
2) Targa (glass roof)
3) Carrera 4 (all wheel drive)
4) Carrera 4 (bigger engine, sportier package)
5) Carrera 4S (same as above, only 4wd)
6) Turbo
7) GT3 (non turbo)
8) GT2 (extreme performance)

posted by  mirot

Thanks Mirot,

Do you know anything about certain years being better than others, like ones that are special editions and such.

Thanks, this is a great help. Most people just know of Porsche and that it is a fast car, other than that they know nothing. Thanks for the information.

posted by  Indigo_Hammer

Corrections:
#4 Should be S
And Carrera 2 I believe deals with the generation. Because I think I have seen a Carrera 2 and 3. But I may be wrong...

posted by  StiMan

Get ya self a 73 RS, that will do ya.

posted by  Furby_vRS

The turbo is more expensive than the GT3, it's also more powerful...

posted by  boostOn

Really? No shit Sherlock. :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

Look before you speak shithead, the dude's list is wrong. Get yoru attitude straight before you post. :screwy:

posted by  boostOn

what about you man, your no better! if the kids messed up, give him nice adivce, no need to go all nuts on him too! :banghead:

posted by  WeaponR

Howdy Weapon. Havent seen you around in a couple weeks I dont think. Why dont you have the STi club sig on?

posted by  StiMan

this reply may be a bit late...nut you may want to check out the 1989 porsche 959. its one of the ultimate porsches. its AWD and as base price its a bit pricey... 230 000$...im guessing american. its very powerful with 450 hp and 370ft/lbs of torque. it also does 0-60 in just under 4 s. just a suggestion.

posted by  kayakcrazy

Very well then, here is advice. See before you speak! And everytime you give a hostile post, expect one back!

posted by  boostOn

Ok then.... :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

Your Message