Maybach, Rolls, etc...

Home  \  European Imports  \  Maybach, Rolls, etc...

What is your opinion about the luxury liners Maybach, Rolls-Royce and Bentley? Are they as good as they sound? Are they worth the price? Or are they over-priced, gas-guzzling land yachts?

posted by  ferrarichika

I THINK THAT THEY'RE KIND OF OVERPRICED.
THEY DON'T LOOK AND PERFORM AS WELL FOR THE PRICE.
ALSO THEY USE WAY TOO MUCH GAS!!

posted by  vwmaniac

Using too much gas is relative. It would certainly use too much gas for me to own...but for the person that can afford this vehicle, I would gather that mileage is not high up on the list of priorities. I don't think they are produced to be sports sedans nor economy cars. They are designed to fill a niche that is meant for the very wealthy...and the very ignorant and wealthy impulse spender (i.e. over paid basketball players buying a "pimp-mobile")

posted by  BavarianWheels

I guess that's true.

posted by  vwmaniac

I don't think these people are the slight bit worried about the economy of this car....or how long it will take to get to their destination...
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/roadtests/firs tdrive/2003/maybach.57_62/maybach.rnt-1.500.jpg

;) :D

posted by  BavarianWheels

Yeah.LOL.

posted by  vwmaniac

What are you talking about? Performance? The Maybach posts a 0-60 in under 6.0 seconds! Well under 6 seconds!! It is one of the most luxurious 4 wheeled transporter on the planet and can run with porsches and corvettes!

posted by  Mr. Horsepower

whoever said they do not live up to their money's worth is blowing smoke out of their ass. these kinds of cars are some of the fastest production cars out there

posted by  SuperJew

I like the Bentlys, and those Maybachs are pretty intresting, i dont like big giant cars like that usually unless im going to meet Billioners or somthing, i perfer sports cars or sports sedans.

posted by  carlover

Maybachs are my fav, but all of them are "gas guzzling land yachts". If you have the money for a car like these then go ahead and do it, because you will probably have enought money to pay for all that gas anyway.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

personally if I wanted to be driven around, I'd get a maybach 62, but where's the fun in not driving yourself, 57 seems good enough for me, I also like the Bentley's

posted by  BENZFERRARIGUY

If I wanted to be seen driving a car, I'd choose the 35th anniversery Camaro SS vert.

posted by  Satty101

Maybach - over payed over egotistical sports persons or buissness men
Rolls - Old richies and wannabe pimps like Football managers (thats soccer to you americans) and club owners and rappers
Bentley - people who think they can look 'hip' in a barge!

posted by  Flying_Dane

Your Message