New Bmw M5

Home  \  European Imports  \  New Bmw M5

sorry i post so much but im car crazy....Anywyas i went by the Beverly Hills BmW dealer by my house and i test drove one of the first New m5's in the states an i gotta say that car is one of teh best sports/luxury cars ever.....when i hit the peddle i could feel all 500 of those pony's...anywyas whats everyones thought on the M5 and the Mercedes E55 AMG cuz i was considering buying one soon when i get sick of my Acura TL

posted by  stinky2099

The M5 is superior to the E55...just better in every category to me...dont waste ur time w/the Benz...

On a personal sidenote: I loved the previous M5...this one has the everything I would want but I want the old bodystyle personally...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

I love the M5, but unfortunatley wont ever be able to afford one, unless I rob a bank.

Say, anyone know how to rob a bank? :wink2:

posted by  Zalight

Ditto about the body style. I loved the old one.

posted by  StiMan

I'll take an old one w/the new motor though...lets do it!

Motor swap!

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Everytime BMW releases a new M5 it raises the sport sedan bar. The M5 is the reason BMW gets away with calling itself The Ultimate Driving Machine. If you can afford one, I see no reason why you should not own this car.

Hell, even the controversial styling is starting to grow on me (not that I love it by a long shot, but I can't say I hate it either. At least they're trying to be original, which is more than you can say about many cars in this category).

What I think will be interesting is how it's competitors respond in the next few years. A new M5 is exciting for that reason no matter what your favorite company is.
:)

posted by  Gothicaleigh

somehow I highly doubt that....

the m5 is currently BMW's most wanted car... and even if it were to arrive in the u.s by now (which it hasnt), they wouldnt let you test drive a car that's already sold..

posted by  mirot

Thats very true. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

well let me think..the owner of the dealership is my neighbor so dont gimme your attitude

posted by  stinky2099

Poser.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Say what you want kids..just leave it to the big boys!!! :smoke: let us just talk bout this peice of machinery :sleep:

posted by  stinky2099

Don't mean to bash or anything but don't you all consider the cars under discussion extremely heavy? Talk about serious weight reduction as an absolute must! Also, i just don't understand Mercedes' obsession with automatics...

posted by  boostOn

Sure it's heavy. It's weighted down with all those luxury items. When you buy a BMW, you're not looking for a hollowed out tin can race car. You're looking for the finest driving experience a luxury sedan can offer. If the performance suffered dramatically because of the weight, then I would agree with you, but the M5 will out-run and out-maneuver 99% of the cars on the street today. That's not bad considering the comfort and options it brings to the table.

posted by  Gothicaleigh

Then your neighbor is a dumbass.

posted by  StiMan

yea your neighbor is probably a dumbass.... plus you forget the fact that it JUST is being delivered to dealerships in Europe.. Id say the first ones coming out arent even 2 weeks old... and guess what, when BMW sends M5's to the U.S, the do so by sea.. and the quickest delivery would take over a month..

posted by  mirot

OOO... If I could pimp slap or something that would be put here... OWNED! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

hate to break the news but the m5 E60 launcehd in paris in spetember

posted by  stinky2099

It was unveiled in Paris.
Big difference from being made available.

US production is scheduled to begin in September 2005, but word from BMW indicates that it may be as late as November with delivery starting around christmas or early 2006. You may see US spec dealer demos appearing at dealerships in late summer to early fall to entice people to place orders.

Europe won't even see delivery of a production car until March at the earliest.

Are you sure what you were looking at was an M5?
I'm not going to believe that until I see some pics and a VIN number.

posted by  Gothicaleigh

Im sure these cars will still have the brute force to pass most cars on a highway, but at the cost of maneuverabiity/handling, braking, etc...i suppose my priorities are different...

posted by  boostOn

It's an M5, not a classic muscle car. The handling characteristics will be alongside the best in the world. Go look up the specs for the previous generation M5. The new car will match or exceed that.

To put the performance potential of this car into perspective, here are documented Nordschleife lap times from the famed Nurburgring track:

Porsche Carrera GT: 7.32
Chevrolet Corvette Z06: 7.56
Lamborghini Diablo SV: 8.09
Ferrari 360 Modena: 8.09
Porsche 993 Turbo: 8.12
BMW Z8: 8.15
Cadillac CTS-V: 8.19
BMW M3: 8.22
BMW M5: 8.28 (previous generation)
Honda NSX: 8.38
Honda S2000: 8.39
Chevrolet C5 Corvette: 8.40

What car are you comparing it to when you say it is too heavy?

posted by  Gothicaleigh

Your Message