Earnhart jr.

Home  \  Motorsports  \  Earnhart jr.

Does anyone know why Earnhart jr had to change his car with Waltrip? I can understand why he traded the pit crew but now his new car is slow as s*** and Waltrip is kicking ass :banghead:

posted by  99integra

Earnhardt Jr. didnt have to trade cars, pit crew, crew chiefs or anything else but he wanted a change. It was Earnhardts choice to change everything around between the two teams. I've also thought it may not of been the best decision he's made cause he's not doing that well this year but then again either is Waltrip. In the first few races Waltrip blew engines and Earnhardt crashed so it didnt really matter. Also there is something going around (might just be a rumor) that if Waltrip doesnt finish within the top 10 in points this year then he's out and Martin Truex (from Busch) will be in the car next year. He is really just giving Waltrip a chance but also thought it was time for a change. Earnhardt is starting to do better now, it just tooks a little time. Another reason he hasnt been that great is because of the change in the size of the rear spoiler (inch shorter) which reduces the amount of downforce so that also takes time to get used to. I believe he willl start doing better now and should still finish well in points. I myself am a Earnhardt Jr. and Kasey Kahne fan. Hope thats what you were refering to and that it helps if it is.

posted by  car_crazy89

That question was buggin me from the first race he did with the new car and that answered my question so thanks! :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

No problem, glad i could finally help lol. Thats pretty much the only racing i actually follow and watch. Hoping the end result (points champion) isnt Kurt Busch, Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson, no particular reason cause they are all good drivers and deserve it but i'd rather see someone i prefer win like Earnhardt Jr.

posted by  car_crazy89

Amen to that. :laughing:

posted by  99integra

I support anyone who drives dodge...

Personal favorite though is Kasey Khane.

Who can't wait to see tomorrows race at Talledega? I know I can't!

posted by  dodgerforlife

I'm looking forward to it. I watched last weeks race but missed the two before it. I'm also gonna watch part of the Busch race today. Maybe in tomorrows race Kasey Kahne can get his first victory in Nextel Cup.

posted by  car_crazy89

That would be nice

posted by  99integra

I think so too. I think he really deserves it especially after how many times he was so close to it last year.

posted by  car_crazy89

jr aint been doing the best this year but in my oppinion he is the best out there. GO JR :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  fordmustang90

He'll get there. I'm glad Kasey Kahne has picked up where he left off last year, finally his first win in NEXTEL. Well worth watching.

posted by  car_crazy89

yeah, richmond kicked ass saturday! i was so glad to see jimmie johnson and jeff gordon both have problems early. they drive to much like assholes for my liking.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Yeah but if you think about it Dale Sr drove like an asshole and became a legend as the intimidator.

posted by  99integra

Yes but we can forget that minor technicality 99integra lol. I was glad to see Jimmie Johnson wreck, wasnt bad at first (which sucked cause i thought he'd be right back out there) then when the steering gave out and he nailed the wall that was great (not to be an a$$hole or anything but he was getting too far in points) and Gordon going out was good cause i just dont like him.

posted by  car_crazy89

i am and will always b a earnhart fan an if little E wants to trade his car an screw himself out of a championship then let him :banghead:

posted by  hhsrastler92

Well he seems to be trying too hard now, like last sunday when he took himself AND his team mate out. Hopefully he'll find the right spot and start winning again, his comparison of this year compared to last year at this time sucks (3 wins - 0 wins, 8 top tens - 5 top tens, 570 laps led - 5 laps led).

posted by  car_crazy89

Whoo hoo, finally Earnhardt Jr wins this year. Hopefully this is only a start and he can keep doing it. All we need is for Johnson to mess up and give Earnhardt a chance to get into the top 10, or atleast within 400 points.

posted by  car_crazy89

I've never been much of a NASCAR fan, I try to get interested but I never stick with it. I sorta like Le Mans but I dunno, The only racing im remotely interested in currently is NHRA. But that isn't sayin' much.

posted by  TurboLag

:thumbs: :thumbs: GO JR. :thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  hhsrastler92

Officially out of the Chase.
Rough season.

posted by  ChromeDome

I dont like either racer....Im a Bill Elliot fan :mrgreen:

posted by  SlipKnoT

He (and Kasey Kahne) are my favorite drivers, but i'm kinda glad Earnhardt didnt make the chase cause now he most likely gets Tony Eury Jr back (as that was the plan). Now hopefully Jeff Gordon doesnt make it either.

posted by  car_crazy89

The word about Eury is still undecisive - he has a contract with DEI for 3 more years, but it's not certain which driver he'll be working with, although things are pointing towards him working with Dale Jr.

DEI is putting Truex JR up to Nextel for a full time season in the #1 car next season.

Gordon will be out. He needs to somehow gain 58 points on Stewart in the next race....and with the way Stewart and Gordon have been running lately, I would ultimately put my money on Gordon to NOT make the cut. Only problem is the next race is in the Brickyard...which Gordon has always done well at....

posted by  dodgerforlife

This weekend's race is in Richmond - the action track. One of my favorites.

And yes, Gordon has a very slim chance.

posted by  ChromeDome

I've been a Mark Martin fan for forever, but I also like Biffle and Edwards. Well, pretty much all the Roush cars. So I'm pretty much happy with the NASCAR season right now.:mrgreen:
It's also be nice if Sadler could get in there, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

posted by  jedimario

my bad, i read the wrong thing lmao, last weeks was brickyard, and gordon didnt come through...

and looking at gordons stats this season, hes due for a sub 15 finish....he goes sub 15 for 2-3 races, then top 10....and he had 6th place at bristol, 21 at california....

posted by  dodgerforlife

sadlers gonna need 103 points....kinda doubt that...

im hoping for newman to make it in though :)

posted by  dodgerforlife

Actually Gorodn doesnt have to make up ANY points on Stewart, is gonna depend on how well the cars 8th back in points do. If 10th place wrecks but Gordon does good, he'll make it.

posted by  car_crazy89

he still needs to gain 81 points over the 10th place car...

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message