Danica Patrick

Home  \  Motorsports  \  Danica Patrick

Anybody else think that it was disappointing to see Danica Patrick finish 4th only because of lack of gas. She was in 1st pretty much the whole last part of the race but had to slow down 5 mph to conserve gas. To tell ya the truth I thought she was the best out there that day :2cents:

posted by  99integra

Yeah, it would have been nice. But it would have been worse to turn up the boost and try to outrun everyone for the finish line and not get there at all. A top 5 finish is still outstanding for an Indy rookie.

I saw her interview after the race. She's got more class than a lot of people in racing (or anywhere else). And definitely one of the best drivers out there. Her driving didnt' fail her and wasn't why she finished where she did, but team decisions on pit stops and fueling.

posted by  ChrisV

yeah, she did great for the situation....I mean, look at the winner, he couldn't even finish off his victory lap, because he ran out of fuel. PLUS, danica had damaged her vehicle earlier in the race. It would have been hers if it wasn't for that.

She'll win one yet.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well the damage was one thing (caused by her) which kind of put her behind so in order to even get up to the front she couldnt pit otherwise she'd still be at the back or atleast middle of the field. She would have had it though if she had just a little more. Also, last lap (before caution) she was already on fumes, they were even saying that. I believe she will win on soon also.

posted by  car_crazy89

still damn proud of that girl. she was the first female to actually do that damn well in the Indy 500. overall, she kicked major ass and her whole family and team must be very proud of her (and her very lucky boyfriend too).

posted by  Inygknok

Yeah but it is kinda dissapointing to see her try so hard and still place that far behind

posted by  99integra

im ok with it. atleast now everyone knows wat she is capable of, and next time, she will most surely not make the same mistakes again, and probably drive even better. it wont be long till she reaches victory lane in the indy.

posted by  Inygknok

I understand where all you guys are coming from with these high praises for Danica. But it seems like the rest of the race was...dare I say lost because the fact that she is a girl/ rookie outweighed the entire race its self. It wsa great publicity for Indy car and all, but I think we should give the winner of the race more attention than the one who ran a good race, but still came up short. Remember, Dan Wheldon won this race while enduring the same obsitcales Danica did in that it was the same track. Im not trying to bring down Danica but thats just how I feel about it. :2cents:

posted by  Masuk

Okay but think of this, she is the 3rd or 4th female driver to make it in F1 racing. But it is kind of a big deal seeing that she did so well with all that trouble she encountered :2cents:

posted by  99integra

hey dumbass, irl is not F1 racing. IRL is stupid hick racing. She will never be the best.

posted by  Jay-G

Dude how old are you, my god you idiot it is F1 racing where they have the formula 1 cars. How can you prove she is a bad driver? There is none so why don't you leave this thread and pollute another one with your nonsense bullshit :evil:

posted by  99integra

She races in the Indy RAcing League. THe IRL is not Formula 1 you ****ing idiot. Indy racing league is just open-wheel NASCAR. here...

FIA Formula One (F1)

Ferrari 052 F1 engineGeneral information

* Type: Normally aspirated 3,000 cc V10, maximum 5 valves per cylinder
* No limits on weight or rpm, typically 1400lbs and around 18-20k rpm
* Fuel: Unleaded racing petrol
* Power: Estimated for a top engine just above 1000 bhp (2004)

Example: Ferrari 052 (2003)

* Engine type: Normally aspirated, aluminium alloy cylinder block V10 90°
* Engine location: Mid, longitudinally mounted
* Displacement: 3,000 cc
* Valvetrain: 4 valves/cylinder
* Aspiration: Naturally Aspirated
* Cost: $5,000,000

IRL IndyCar (IRL)

IRL Honda engine 2004General information

* Type: 3000 cc V8, 32-valve dual-overhead cam (DOHC), Normally aspirated (no turbo charger).
Max. bore diameter 93 millimeters.
Four camshafts, four valves per cylinder.
* Weight: Minimum weight is 280 pounds. Dry weight - no headers, clutch, EDU, spark box or filters.
* RPM: 10,300 maximum (irl-supplied rev limiter).
* Power: Estimated 700 bhp
* Fuel: Methanol
* Injectors: Electronic.
* Cost: $125,000

Indy racing is only in america, with crap companies involved, whereas F1 is worldwide and includes such legacies as Ferrari, McLAren Mercedes, Williams BMW, and others

posted by  Jay-G

also, how can you prove that she is a good driver? she finished 4th at Indy and 14th last weekend.

posted by  Jay-G

I've got a grand saying you couldn't hold a candle to her in IRL. That tells me two things.
1) Some women CAN drive

and

2) You Suck.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Okay maybe I did get the F1 part wrong but she is a really good driver. You know that you're making a shitty first impression for yourself :evil:

posted by  99integra

seeing how you did not know the difference between F1 and IRL leads everyone to believe that you are a dumbass, and as a dumbass, your opinions do not count.

posted by  Jay-G

I wouldn't be surprised to know that you were our old friend "What".

posted by  99integra

I'm sorry to disagree but i really dont think 99integra is a dumbass, you on the other hand might be.

posted by  car_crazy89

i'm going with that, plus i bet barely any of us here can drive as good as her. lol my brothers old boss has a daughter that beat me at go-karting!!! man i suck

posted by  ahoo

Danicka Patrick.... Mmmmmmmm :drool:. She's hot and she can drive the hell out of a small-block. She makes The Powerblock on spike tv oh so much better.

posted by  TurboLag

It's good to know that I'm loved :laughing: , by the way I did mention I was incorrect on my statement about F1 :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

well, since you did not know the first thing about racing, how could you spot a good driver when you do not even know what is going on? You thought she was good, but you also thought you were watching F1. It would be like you watching a Middle School softball game and thinking it was the same as Pro Baseball. She is a mediocre driver and will certainly never be the best. here are her race finishes this year... 15, 15, 12, 4, 4, 13. This is by no means good or even close to it. it is an avg. finish of 10th place. Good would be third or better.

15 year old car_crazy(who probably has never driven a car)-How can you disagree that he is a dumbass, he didnt know the difference between IRL and F1 racing- he should be booted off here for his sheer stupidity. And how am i a dumbass?hmmmm?

ahoo- we do not care if you suck ass at driving.

TurboLag- Learn to spell her name you ****ing idiot

posted by  Jay-G

I reiterate, you still couldn't hold a candle to her. She would run circles around you on the track. You have to be good just to get to that level of racing, and when your a rookie, you're still developing more skill. So she IS a good driver, considering how many females do not even get into IRL. I highly doubt that you could even: A) get into IRL, and B) have top 3 finishes every race. Wait, let me rephrase that, you could NEVER do either of those.

So until I see you have some proof that you are racing in the IRL, and getting top three finishes, lay off of Danica.

Who cares if car_crazy hasn't driven a car? Just because he hasn't driven doesn't mean he can't tell who can drive. As for IRL and F1 being different, yeah sure, different engines/different car companies, but if you look at it in the general sense, the body styling is almost the same, and both leagues are open-wheel racing. The largest difference is the fact that F1 does road course racing, in multiple countries in Europe, whereas IRL is on oval tracks, in the US. Both leagues take different skill sets to race on road courses or oval tracks.

posted by  dodgerforlife

YOur first point is like saying just because i dont play pro basketball, means that i cant say that the hawks suck. Just because i hvae not chosen to spend my life making left turns around a nascar track in a cheap piece of shit car, does not mean that i cannot spot a good driver. Since you all probably also like NASCAR, i will use Harvick as an example. As a rookie, he had 20 top 5 finishes and 2 wins. THat is a good driver based on your standards. Danica PAtrick,on the other hand, averages 10th place, which is by no means good.

THe fact thatn he has not driven a car does mean that he cannot tell who is a good driver.

How can you say that IRL and F1 are similar. THe body styling is the same how, because they are both open wheel racecars? Model T's also competed in open wheel racing, that does not make them the same. The largest difference is not the fact that they race in different places, the largest difference lies within the engineering behind the cars. An Indy Car costs $125,000 to build, whereas an F1 car costs $5,000,000. There is no comparing teh drivers becasue in F1, tehy are too advanced. YOur remark about different car companies being involved- F1 has legendary names such as Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, and Sauber. IRL includes crap such as Ford, Chevy, TOyota, nissan, and honda; none of which are known for racing. F1 is the top tier of racing, IRL cannot hold a candle to it.

"The largest difference is the fact that F1 does road course racing, in multiple countries in Europe, whereas IRL is on oval tracks, in the US. Both leagues take different skill sets to race on road courses or oval tracks."

Think about this, F1 races around tracks while IRL just goes in an oval, only with left turns. There is no skill involved in driving around an oval track, none, you need to be able to go straight, draft, turn left, and make pit stops. Formula one actually involves driving- they also must drive the entire race with one set of tires.

posted by  Jay-G

:evil: God dammit you stupid mother ****er, I told you I was wrong about the F1 so drop it, I think I would know what was going on if I was watching the goddamn race, who cares if I don't know the difference between them they are very similar. Who cares if car crazy doesn't drive, apparently you are the only dumb shit on the forum that does. How should I be booted off you ass wipe, you're the one that is causing trouble and apparantly pissing me off the most. Why the hell do you come to these forums you shit head, is it because you're family and friends rejected you for being a goddamn shit for brains ass monkey. :cussing:

posted by  99integra

Actually, the IRL series includes a race at Twin Ring Motegi in Japan, as well as road races at St Petersburg, Watkins Glen, and Infineon Raceway. yes, there are more ovals, but saying they are ONLY ovals, and ONLY in the US is false. If you're going to take someone to task for making a mistake, you'd better not be making them yourself.

I beg to differ. And until you have race driving experience under your belt, you need to stop making statements of absolutes, as if your uneducated opinion actually means anything.

Formual one requires the drivers to drive a car closest to the computer simulation and if they don't like a course, or don't come prepared for a course, the teams can whine until they don't have to race. F1 is a bunch of primadonnas.

posted by  ChrisV

I go to the races because they are close to where I live but you can never get a full sight of the cars like you can at the Daytona 500 :doh:

posted by  99integra

Well, actually, you didnt know what was going on while you were watching the race. They are not very similar- read the post i made earlier comparing them. you should be booted for your sheer stupidity, that is why.

posted by  Jay-G

you also live in florida, so therefore, you are stupid.

posted by  Jay-G

Okay retard it goes like this, I ask again, how would I not know what is going on in the race. Who cares if I made the misconception about F1 and IRL. I should be booted off for my sheer stupidity??? You are the shit head that is causing trouble so why don't you do us a favor, go crawl back into your ass and stay there a little longer :banghead:

posted by  99integra

YOU ****ING DICKWEED, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN??????? :cussing:

posted by  99integra

Jay-G, you have to be THE stupidest person on this forum. Yes i am only 15 and cannot drive BUT i have seen many car races and people drive and have even read stories (books, magazines, etc, you know, the things with pages and writing on them?) which gives me an idea of what is good driving style.

Everyone makes mistakes and the difference between IRL and F1 isn't THAT big, they are similiar styleds and both take skill to drive (even on an oval). nd both take skill to drive (even on an oval). I also watch NASCAR and dont see the problem with it, not all rookies are the same and therefore take different amounts of time to gain the experience on being a better driver and how to manuever the cars better.

I also dont understand the 'burn' or 'dis' on 99integra about where he lives. Its a good thing you dont have the power to have people banned otherwise these forums would be run by people like you cause you'd be telling them the total opposite of the truth.

I would love to see you try to race with the 'Big Guys' on in OVAL track in NASCAR, i think it'd be safe to say you wouldnt even make it halfway even though you'd only have to "turn left, draft and make pit stops".nly have to "turn left, draft and make pit stops".

posted by  car_crazy89

Do you know how ****ing pissed off I am. I have been trying to use the real cuss words and the damn automatic editing thing takes it off :banghead:

posted by  99integra

I dont blame you. This guy is a real idiot, i didnt think there were people like this. You'd think he would of given up and left by now.

posted by  car_crazy89

Nah, he's too ****ing stubborn
^(It did it again)

posted by  99integra

Thats true, and does it edit all swear words or just things like Phuck :laughing:

Bitch
Slut
Whore
Asshole

Hmm, thats weird, lets you say some words :screwy:

posted by  car_crazy89

you can preview your posts and see what it blocks out. so far, it seems like phuck is the only one...

posted by  dodger65

Well thats stupid, its not like Phuck is the worst swear word there is.

posted by  car_crazy89

I believe my first point was telling you that you could not compare to Danica, and that she is 10x the driver you'll ever be. Glad to see you pay attention.

Furthermore, the cars that they drive are not pieces of shit. Glad to see you again pay attention. The cars they use are finely tuned, high-performance machines. I'd love to see you take whatever piece you drive, take it on the track, and see what you can do. Then take one of the Nextel Cup cars for a spin. You would probably crash before you even got to top speed/finished the first lap. I'll admit it myself, I couldn't drive a Nextel Cup car, let alone an IRL car.

Thirdly, obviously we have no set standards. We say Danica is good because she has done good, because those are some pretty impressive placings for a female driver. I'd love to see your mom do that. So what if Harvick had an assload of top 5 finishes and 2 wins? He's not the only rookie who has come out and done well.

Do you speak english, or know how to use spellcheck? Please do, thanks!

Once again, it does not take driving experience to know what a good driver is.

I can say that they are similar for several reasons. One was the body styling, look at a picture of an F1 car and a IRL car, and tell me how the hell they do NOT look similar.

And so what if the costs are largely different? How much difference does that HONESTLY make? That's like comparing a regular glock to a gold-plated, diamond studded glock. They both do the exact same thing, but one costs a hell of a lot more. Just like the cars. They BOTH drive, they BOTH race, but the F1 car costs more.

How are drivers 'more advanced'? Once again, I go back to my point that racing on an oval vs a road course involves two completely different skill sets. Drivers from both series are HUMANS, there is no 'Advanced Human'. If you said that, it would make anyone who does not race in F1 a 'Substandard Human'.

I love how you disown Nissan and Honda in the IRL league, yet you say that Japanese cars are better then American cars. Quite obviously a EUROPEAN league is going to use EUROPEAN manufacturers. That's like trying to compare Nextel Cup vs. . Nextel Cup is NORTH AMERICAN, so they have NORTH AMERICAN cars, and a Japan Cup series will use JAPANESE cars.

Again, it does take skill to do that. You go take an IRL car out, and drive it around at 220MPH on a high-bank oval, for 400 miles or so, and see what happens. There are several elements that you need to have stamina and skill for, such as G-Force, traction(and loss of when tires wear down), speed, other cars racing at the same speed. That doesn't even scratch the surface.

Try again.

posted by  dodgerforlife

"I believe my first point was telling you that you could not compare to Danica, and that she is 10x the driver you'll ever be. Glad to see you pay attention."

right, i do not compare to her, but that does not mean that i cannot tell whether she is good or not. You cannot say that she is a good driver- there simply is not evidence. If she had maybe a couple top 3 finishes, then it would be different. I never said that i was a better driver than her- i did not devote my life to making left turns around an oval.

"Furthermore, the cars that they drive are not pieces of shit. Glad to see you again pay attention. The cars they use are finely tuned, high-performance machines. I'd love to see you take whatever piece you drive, take it on the track, and see what you can do. Then take one of the Nextel Cup cars for a spin. You would probably crash before you even got to top speed/finished the first lap. I'll admit it myself, I couldn't drive a Nextel Cup car, let alone an IRL car. "

They are absolutely pieces of shit compared to f1 cars. They are nothing compared to the f1 cars. As I stated in another post, i brielfy raced formula 4 cars, so i know how to handle myself and my 01 m3. I take it to the track 2-3 times a month, as i also do autocross, and am an avid member of BMW club of America. By the way, what do you drive? I would not want to take a nextel cup car for a drive, ever. NASCAR is STUPID. Let me ask you something, have you ever driven 200mph? if so,how did you have the opportunity, and in what car?

"Thirdly, obviously we have no set standards. We say Danica is good because she has done good, because those are some pretty impressive placings for a female driver. I'd love to see your mom do that. So what if Harvick had an assload of top 5 finishes and 2 wins? He's not the only rookie who has come out and done well. "

She has not done "good"(do not try to tell me about spelling when you do not have a basic grasp of the english language). I have been comparing her to other drivers, not other female drivers, so i guess i misunderstood what this whole thread was about. I guess it is about comparing her to other female drivers. My mom recently passed on, that was a good one by you. She just died after a nine month bout with ovarian cancer, you are such a funny guy. You should be proud of yourself you ****ing asshole.

"Do you speak english, or know how to use spellcheck? Please do, thanks!"

Well, i just accidentally hit the 'n' key, i'm sorry. It's funny though, how you can catch me on a typo, yet you use incorrect grammar.

"Once again, it does not take driving experience to know what a good driver is. "

okay, well the same goes for spotting a bad driver. You are now contradicting yourself. I cannot say that she is bad because i have lack of experience, but you can say that she is good, even though you do not have any experience, Interesting.

"I can say that they are similar for several reasons. One was the body styling, look at a picture of an F1 car and a IRL car, and tell me how the hell they do NOT look similar. "

well, seeing how the companies and sponsors are different, it is actually very easy to see the difference. They may, though, look the same to someone who does not know anything about racing. It's like saying a Boeing is the same as an AirBus, lol. The f1 car is bigger. I can also easily tell because there are only nine different car makers in F1.

"And so what if the costs are largely different? How much difference does that HONESTLY make? That's like comparing a regular glock to a gold-plated, diamond studded glock. They both do the exact same thing, but one costs a hell of a lot more. Just like the cars. They BOTH drive, they BOTH race, but the F1 car costs more."

It makes a HUGE difference, are you joking? the amount of engineering that goes into the f1 cars is ridiculously higher than that of the indy cars. an f1 car is 40 times more expensive. That probably just goes into "gold-plating" it right? Just because they look similar does not mean that they have the same engineering and technologies. its like comparing a twig and rubberband slingshot to an AK-47. Know what else drives and races? go-karts, but that does not make them the same as f1 cars. IRL cars and f1 cars do not do the same thing. It costs more for a reason- think about it.

"How are drivers 'more advanced'? Once again, I go back to my point that racing on an oval vs a road course involves two completely different skill sets. Drivers from both series are HUMANS, there is no 'Advanced Human'. If you said that, it would make anyone who does not race in F1 a 'Substandard Human'. "

So Michael Schumacher is no more advanced of a driver than tony kanaan? f1 is the top tier of racing, therefore, the best drivers drive there. It is the major leagues. Well, anyone who does not race in F1 is Subsuperhuman- i never said that F1 drivers are the standard, i said that they were the best. They are the most advanced drivers on earth.

"I love how you disown Nissan and Honda in the IRL league, yet you say that Japanese cars are better then American cars. Quite obviously a EUROPEAN league is going to use EUROPEAN manufacturers. That's like trying to compare Nextel Cup vs. . Nextel Cup is NORTH AMERICAN, so they have NORTH AMERICAN cars, and a Japan Cup series will use JAPANESE cars. "

I speak negatively about Nissan and honda and toyota in accordance to racing because they suck at it and are not well established or accomplished. They are, though, established and accomplished in making ultimately refined and reliable cars with advanced technology. Formula One is not a EUROPEAN league, it is worldwide, as Japan is represented in the series by Toyota. The circuits are also worlwide, making stops in Italy, America, Japan, England, Canada, Monaco, Brazil, Spain, Hungary, Turkey, and several others. I never said anything about NEXTEL cup, but knowing that you are a fan changes some things. So, you are wrong about f1 being a EUROPEAN LEAGUE, as IRL is not just an AMERICAN LEAGUE.

"Again, it does take skill to do that. You go take an IRL car out, and drive it around at 220MPH on a high-bank oval, for 400 miles or so, and see what happens. There are several elements that you need to have stamina and skill for, such as G-Force, traction(and loss of when tires wear down), speed, other cars racing at the same speed. That doesn't even scratch the surface."

I have driven an IRL car and I have also driven a Formula One car. There simply is no comparison. You are correct in what you said about the skill set needed for IRL, but this goes for every racing series ever. In regards to traction, F1 cars are only allowed one set of tires per race. F1 involves turns and actually driving around tracks with left AND right turns. and that does not even scratch the surface of F1.

posted by  Jay-G

Playstation doesn't count.

The problem is you speak in absolutes. if it isn't the absolute ultimate, it's utter crap. If it isn't your absolute favorite, it's the worst POS ever. Your brain can hold no shades of grey and you seem to need to insult everythign that isn't your favorite in order to justify having those favorites.

That's simply small minded.

posted by  ChrisV

Right, playstation does not count. Of course i will speak in absolutes when comparing F1 to IRL. F1 is ABSOLUTELY better than IRL. There is no question. Michael Schumacher is ABSOLUTELY the best driver in the world. There are no shades of gray here. I hate toyotas and lexuses but i know that they are good cars. I also hate hondas, i do not call them POS's. IRL cars are POS's compared with f1 cars.

I would also like to hear a response from dodger regarding my previous post in which is systematically proved him wrong.

posted by  Jay-G

Why is it so important for it to BE absolutes? How is it going to affect your life if it isn't? Would you suddenly become open minded, and that would cause you pain? You ereally need to get over this "utter crap in comparison to" attitude. It shows you have zero knowlege, yourself, and makes you look like an immature, ignorant fool.

posted by  ChrisV

comparison is the basis for knowledge of what or who is better at something. And IRL, in comparison to f1, sucks.

posted by  Jay-G

yeah, better .... not good.

posted by  windsonian

what? are you trying to say that f1 cars are not good?

posted by  Jay-G

I don't think that'a what he ment.

posted by  GreekWarrior

You can compare wihtout going to absolutes. One being slightly better than the other doesn't make the other one "suck." See, the problem is you feel the need to insult that which isn't your absolute favorite. That's retarded.

For example, I like the 2nd gen RX7 better than the first gen RX7. But it would be retarded to then say the first gen RX7 sucks or is utter crap in comparison. It's simply not my favorite of the two. Apparently that level of though is impossible for you, as you don't have enough brainpower to handle it.

posted by  ChrisV

Comparing with absolutes thoroughly proves your point. Every fact i have stated has been ABSOLUTELY true. f1 is not slightly better, there should be no comparison. As i stated earlier, i hate toyotas, but i respect them and i do not believe that they suck.

still no response from dodgerforlife

I am not saying that in my opinion that F1 is better, I am statign as a fact that F1 is better. Look at the comparison I posted earlier in which I prove that IRL sucks.

posted by  Jay-G

No, it dilutes your point. The fact that you can't get that is scary for your future employers, and sad for your future employees.

What, is your second best frind a total loser because they aren't your "best" friend? I mean, when you compare them, one person is your best friend, so the others must suck, huh? Glad I'm not one of your friends.

Sad world, the world of absolutes you live in.

No, it hasn't. It's been slightly true...for you.

posted by  ChrisV

What is better? Better is an opinion. If you say "F1 is better at ...." and then cite why it is better at that particular thing, then you're right. Otherwise, I might think go-kart racing at a public track is better, because everyone's "car" is prepared equally, so every driver has as much chance as the next, and the results could be totally reversed from one race to the next. You don't see that in F1.... Does that make F1 worse? I wouldn't have thought so, but by your (il)logic it could.

posted by  windsonian

We have F1 and Indy here and both of them are sooooooo boooooring.

posted by  Wally

****side note: this is delayed due to internet/power issues with recent storms in my area, plus this is just getting sickening.****

There simply IS evidence that Danica is good. She's top rookie in points, and 10th overall for points, ahead of many people who have been racing in IRL for two or three years, or even longer. I'm sorry she hasn't come out and been top 3 in every race she has been in. Then again, how many drivers have EVER done that? And I thought we also established the fact that IRL does indeed have three road courses, in which RIGHT hand turns are performed.

Again, Nextel Cup cars are not pieces of shit compared to F1 cars. Each was designed for its purpose. And what is this Formula 4 series you speak of? Every search phrase I've tried only shows one series - Honda Powerboat.

As for your '01 M3, take a piece of paper, write "Screw you Dodgerforlife!", stick it on your dash, and take a picture. (Thanks Godlaus for the idea!)

NASCAR is obviously not stupid, it is the most viewed/most attended sport in America. I would jump at the chance to take a Nextel Cup car out for a spin.

As for what I drive? I drive a 1996 Dodge Dakota.

I thought I already ascertained that I have not driven anything capable of 200mph+ speeds...I said I probably couldn't handle that(not without driving classes anyways). How about yourself?

Whoa buddy! I slipped up, okay? Danica has done well. Are you happy now? At least I don't have spelling mistakes in almost every single one of my posts, or say that everything "sucks".

I was in no way, shape, or form, comparing her strictly to other female drivers. I noted that she has had impressive placings for BEING a female driver.

As for your mom, if it is indeed true, then I am sorry. But it ends at that. I have no guilt or sympathy for what I said. How was I to know?

Besides, your not the only person in the world who has parents with health problems. My dad has Hairy-Cell Leukemia(one of the rarest forms of Cancer), and my mother underwent quintuple-bypass surgery a few years ago. And if you think I am bullshitting, I am not. I can take pictures of the Chemo my dad has to inject himself with, sitting in the fridge. Or a picture of some of the scar my mom got from the surgery.

So don't try to lay some guilt-trip bullshit down on me. It won't work. Especially when you start swearing when you try to do it.

Contradicting myself how? I said that car_crazy does not need driving experience to see a good driver. I never said that you could not say she wasn't good because you lack experience. I can say she is good, because I have backed up my opinion. Where did you back up the fact that you think she is a poor driver, except that she needs to have top 3 finishes to be good(which would then make a lot of drivers "bad")?

Well, no shit sherlock. Honestly! F1 is based in Europe, why would they use American car companies and American Sponsors?! That was the worst argument point I have ever heard.

And the cars DO look similar, or are you just blind? Oh yeah, the F1 car is also SMALLER then the Indy cars, and lighter, by about 400LBs.

You want visual proof that the cars do indeed, have similar body styling?
F1, IRL, CART Car Visual (http://indymotorspeedway.com/vsvisual.htm)
Yes, I do understand that those are from 1998, but it still proves my point.

Well, alot of the money is actually sunk into staff. F1 has to build their engines, so they need staff for that. Plus, the engines are one race deals. To quote: "F1 engines are not over-engineered and do not last longer than 1 race. They cannot be rebuilt either - the heads will have cracks, etc. Consequently, a team may buy 200 engines for one season!"(Courtesy: http://indymotorspeedway.com/vstech.htm#tech )

No, Shumacher is NOT more advanced. He has more experience, and a hell of a lot bigger paycheque. That would make me want to win to. Especially if that was my life. Have you ever heard of 'The Race of Champions'? Shumacher has yet to win that. And F1 drivers are not the best on earth. They are the best at F1. I don't think Shumacher would do to well in NASCAR

For the most part, F1 is European, so one other manufacturer is used, and sure, they make stops in other countries, but it is still a European-based series. By the way, half of your list are countries in Europe. IRL is mostly American, whatever. Nextel is pure American, and I'm sure a Japan Cup would be pure Japanese cars.

I'm glad ChrisV already pulled the BS card on the IRL and F1 car driving. Because if he hadn't, I sure would.

As for the tire rule, that is a NEW rule. What about every other year?

posted by  dodgerforlife

Well Dodgerforlife, that was a pretty good arguement and i agree with you, it made sense to me. NASCAR has raced in Japan once and also race in Mexico sometimes (not points events though) and there were rumors that they were gonna go to Toronto (Ontario, Canada) for a non-points race but i think it was just rumor.

posted by  car_crazy89

No, but your argument was that f1 was better. At no point did you prove that either forms were good or bad. You compared them only.

posted by  windsonian

NASCAR drivers hate driving in Mexico lol, the fact that they need police escorts everywhere they go kind of scares them.

As for Canada, they're actually looking to expand the market and include a race or two(points) per year. But they want to test a few races up here before doing that.

posted by  dodgerforlife

ayrton senna could have been better...

posted by  ahoo

could have, but was NOT.

posted by  Jay-G

not really. he had more potential than anyone in formula 1 since i can remember, he was the fastest then he could still be the fastest now if he didnt die

posted by  ahoo

what doesnt go that low

posted by  ahoo

dude NASCAR kicks ass have u ever even bn 2 a race Gay J dude we all no ur bullshittin ur ass off so dude do us all a favor an jus stop :thumbs:

posted by  hhsrastler92

Oh, that'd be pretty cool. I almost had a chance to go to the race in Richmond this year in September but by the time i made up my mind if i wanted to spend $500 or so dollars it was too late :banghead: . I think it'd be pretty cool if they bring a few races here, maybe then theres a better chance of going to one. For some reason i love NASCAR (its what i grew up watching, although i'm only 15 lol).

posted by  car_crazy89

I can't believe y'all are still arguing about this :laughing: . You are aware that the race was 3 weeks ago right? Don't you think it's getting a bit repetitive? Just give up on Gay-J he's not worth it.

posted by  TurboLag

Wow I just said y'all. Yep, Im definetly from Dubya Vee. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:. At least I don't have an accent... Yet.

posted by  TurboLag

too late, he already gave up. I'd be more then happy to keep proving him wrong, but he seems to have disappeared.

:laughing: y'all

Don't worry, at least you are not 'axking' questions. or going 'mmmhmmm', or going up on the 'rough'

posted by  dodgerforlife

Sounds like my city's language. :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Well you know your Canadian when after every sentence you say 'EH' :laughing: , or if on your way to the store you pass 3 polar bears, 5 eskimos and an igloo :wink2:

posted by  car_crazy89

:orglaugh: Do all Canadian's say eh?

posted by  99integra

Not all but sometimes you just find yourself saying it. I do it sometimes but i dont know why :ohcrap: .

posted by  car_crazy89

Pretty much every Canadian says 'eh' at some point in time. Just not after every sentence...

car_crazy89 - you forgot the beaver crossing signs, and the moose.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Oh sorry about that, i cant believe i forgot about those. Actually i have never seen a moose unless it was in the zoo lol, same with a beaver until the flood we had here this past summer, they news (Chex) video taped a beaver swimming down the street.

posted by  car_crazy89

[QUOTE=dodgerforlife]****side note: this is delayed due to internet/power issues with recent storms in my area, plus this is just getting sickening.****

"There simply IS evidence that Danica is good. She's top rookie in points, and 10th overall for points, ahead of many people who have been racing in IRL for two or three years, or even longer. I'm sorry she hasn't come out and been top 3 in every race she has been in. Then again, how many drivers have EVER done that? And I thought we also established the fact that IRL does indeed have three road courses, in which RIGHT hand turns are performed."

you say that she is good, for a rookie(this does not prove that she is a good driver compared with other drivers), just like you say that she is good, for being a woman. She has not been top three in any race. Many drivers have EVER done that, are you joking? 3 road courses out of 17, whereas f1 has 19 of 19 with left and right turns.

"Again, Nextel Cup cars are not pieces of shit compared to F1 cars. Each was designed for its purpose. And what is this Formula 4 series you speak of? Every search phrase I've tried only shows one series - Honda Powerboat."

how can you say this? Each was designed to race, and when a NASCAR is compared to an f1 car, there is no comparison. NASCARS use close to 6 liter v8s which produce 700 HP. THat is twice the displacement of an f1 car and 300 less horsepower. I cannot believe that you do not know what formula 4 is, this further proves your lack of racing knowledge.

"As for your '01 M3, take a piece of paper, write "Screw you Dodgerforlife!", stick it on your dash, and take a picture. (Thanks Godlaus for the idea!)"

why? please explain.

"NASCAR is obviously not stupid, it is the most viewed/most attended sport in America. I would jump at the chance to take a Nextel Cup car out for a spin."

NASCAR is stupid- listen to the drivers speak. Also, any sport centered in the south or midwest is stupid, as the people there are invariably dumb. I do not care that you would jump for the chance to drive a NASCAR- that does not help your argument at all.

"As for what I drive? I drive a 1996 Dodge Dakota."

all i can say is: hahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhaahahahahah

"I thought I already ascertained that I have not driven anything capable of 200mph+ speeds...I said I probably couldn't handle that(not without driving classes anyways). How about yourself?
as i told you, i have driven that fast in an enzo and also in an F1 car."

"Whoa buddy! I slipped up, okay? Danica has done well. Are you happy now? At least I don't have spelling mistakes in almost every single one of my posts, or say that everything "sucks"."

my errors are simple typos, not basic grammar errors. Most things from America do, in fact, suck.

"I was in no way, shape, or form, comparing her strictly to other female drivers. I noted that she has had impressive placings for BEING a female driver. "

what is that supposed to mean you idiot? saying that her placings were impressive for being a female is actually comparing her placings to those of other females. Also, are you saying that women are inferior to men?

"As for your mom, if it is indeed true, then I am sorry. But it ends at that. I have no guilt or sympathy for what I said. How was I to know?"

Besides, your not the only person in the world who has parents with health problems. My dad has Hairy-Cell Leukemia(one of the rarest forms of Cancer), and my mother underwent quintuple-bypass surgery a few years ago. And if you think I am bullshitting, I am not. I can take pictures of the Chemo my dad has to inject himself with, sitting in the fridge. Or a picture of some of the scar my mom got from the surgery."

yes, i would like you to post pictures. Please take new pictures too, with you in them- and show the peace sign with your hand in the pic so i know that it is you, and not just some random pic you got off the internet. Take pictures of you with your cancer-stricken father too.

"So don't try to lay some guilt-trip bullshit down on me. It won't work. Especially when you start swearing when you try to do it."

"Contradicting myself how? I said that car_crazy does not need driving experience to see a good driver. I never said that you could not say she wasn't good because you lack experience. I can say she is good, because I have backed up my opinion. Where did you back up the fact that you think she is a poor driver, except that she needs to have top 3 finishes to be good(which would then make a lot of drivers "bad")?"

"So until I see you have some proof that you are racing in the IRL, and getting top three finishes, lay off of Danica."

you are telling me that because of my lack of IRL experience, i cannot speak poorly about her. You are correct, many drivers are bad.

"Well, no shit sherlock. Honestly! F1 is based in Europe, why would they use American car companies and American Sponsors?! That was the worst argument point I have ever heard. "

f1 is not based in europe. It is worldwide. http://formula1.com/race/ - go here- it shows where each race takes place- races take place in 18 different countries.i quote..."look at a picture of an F1 car and a IRL car, and tell me how the hell they do NOT look similar. "

i explained how they do not look similar- they have different sponsors, and an obviously different front spoiler.

"And the cars DO look similar, or are you just blind? Oh yeah, the F1 car is also SMALLER then the Indy cars, and lighter, by about 400LBs."

This is your opinion, but the fact is that they are DIFFERENT, not matter how much you wish them to be the same.

"You want visual proof that the cars do indeed, have similar body styling?
F1, IRL, CART Car Visual (http://indymotorspeedway.com/vsvisual.htm)
Yes, I do understand that those are from 1998, but it still proves my point."

see above

"Well, alot of the money is actually sunk into staff. F1 has to build their engines, so they need staff for that. Plus, the engines are one race deals. To quote: "F1 engines are not over-engineered and do not last longer than 1 race. They cannot be rebuilt either - the heads will have cracks, etc. Consequently, a team may buy 200 engines for one season!"(Courtesy: http://indymotorspeedway.com/vstech.htm#tech )"

okay, but that does not take away from the fact that an f1 car costs 5 million to build, compared to $125,000 for an IRL car. "f1 has to bulid their engines so they need money and staff for that." oh, so IRL engines just magically appear- well, i guess you learn something new each day.

"No, Shumacher is NOT more advanced. He has more experience, and a hell of a lot bigger paycheque. That would make me want to win to. Especially if that was my life. Have you ever heard of 'The Race of Champions'? Shumacher has yet to win that. And F1 drivers are not the best on earth. They are the best at F1. I don't think Shumacher would do to well in NASCAR"

SChumacher is the best driver in the best racing series in the world. He is the michael jordan of racing. Saying that he is not the best is like saying michael jordan is not the best. This is the IRL drivers' jobs too, so what are you talking about. They are the best at f1 and f1 is the best racing series in the world, so therefore, by the transitive property, they are the best drivers in the world.

"For the most part, F1 is European, so one other manufacturer is used, and sure, they make stops in other countries, but it is still a European-based series. By the way, half of your list are countries in Europe. IRL is mostly American, whatever. Nextel is pure American, and I'm sure a Japan Cup would be pure Japanese cars."

please explain how it is european based. what does this have to do with anything?

"I'm glad ChrisV already pulled the BS card on the IRL and F1 car driving. Because if he hadn't, I sure would."

great for you, but as a poor person, you do not understand how the world works.

"As for the tire rule, that is a NEW rule. What about every other year?"
what about every other year?

posted by  Jay-G

had a pair of moose in my field a couple of days ago, somehow they ended up in the closest city, where the cops shot them with tranqulizers, and hauled them out.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Haha thats crazy, they probably weren't taken back to the woods or anything though, maybe became dinner :laughing: . A couple weeks ago police had to kill a bear cause it was in a school yard at the same time kids were getting to school.

posted by  car_crazy89

Way to ignore what I wrote, congratulations. I did compare her to the other IRL drivers, stating that she is 10th in points overall, against others who have been racing in IRL for two or three years, or even longer. I feel like a broken record, having to repeat everything, because you don't take the effort to actually read what I write.

Plus, I said EVERY race, not just one or two. NO driver has EVER placed in the top three in EVERY race they have been in. That seems to be your definition of a good driver - to place in the top three in every race.

"Again, Nextel Cup cars are not pieces of shit compared to F1 cars. Each was designed for its purpose. And what is this Formula 4 series you speak of? Every search phrase I've tried only shows one series - Honda Powerboat."

F1 cars would perform poorly on a NASCAR track, especially something like Bristol. And NASCAR cars would perform poorly on a F1 track. And if you look at the engines, yes, NASCAR does have larger engines, with higher displacement, but there is more car to move, and less aerodynamics. Plus a lot of the restrictions have to do with NASCAR themselves.

So you expect me to know what some backwater racing series is, just to prove that I have racing knowledge? I doubt anyone else here knows what this formula 4 series that you are talking about is.

"As for your '01 M3, take a piece of paper, write "Screw you Dodgerforlife!", stick it on your dash, and take a picture. (Thanks Godlaus for the idea!)"

To prove you actually drive it.

Wow, you are more ignorant then I could ever have thought. What does it matter how a driver speaks? Have you heard some pro-athletes speak? At least they aren't wusses, like some other athletes.

You are also severely biased towards southerners. They really are not as "dumb" as you think they are. How about those Californian beach bums and surfers? "Hang 10, dude!"

So what if my wanting to drive a NASCAR car does not help my argument? I was merely noting that I would like to do it.

"As for what I drive? I drive a 1996 Dodge Dakota."

At least I have an expansive vocabulary, and I don't lie.

Pure and Utter Bullshit.

"I was in no way, shape, or form, comparing her strictly to other female drivers. I noted that she has had impressive placings for BEING a female driver. "

Was it THAT hard to understand? Danica = Impressive placings for being a female. I don't know how much further I can dumb that down for you. I was actually comparing her to every other driver. Jebus save us from your stupidity.

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT put words in my mouth. I did not even mention ANYTHING about women being inferior to men. Hell, I've argued this whole time that Danica, a WOMAN, is better then some of the MALE drivers.

How about you get us some proof of your mother's death first? I already OFFERED up proof of my parent's health problems. I think that speaks strongly enough for itself. You prove your end, then I'll prove mine.

I'm trying not to rip my hair out by the roots at this point. You seem to ignore everything I say. I stated that I can say she is a good driver because I have backed up that statement. You NEVER backed it up when you said she was a bad driver. And again, do NOT put words in my mouth, I never said ANY driver was bad. I said that you think a GOOD driver has to have pure top 3 finishes, and because so many don't, then a lot of them would be bad. BY YOUR STANDARDS, clearly NOT MINE.

F1 originated in Europe, therefore making it EUROPEAN based, I later stated that yes, there are international races, but that didn't start until the second decade of F1 racing. And you completely ignored my question. Why would F1, a European Based series, use American companies and sponsors?

Ohhhh, sponsors, such a huge difference, considering mostly every car in every league has different major sponsors. How does that affect the actual STYLE of the car? All sponsors mean is a different graphics scheme!

Yes, the front spoiler is different, but for good reasons. The F1 nose is designed for more downforce at lower speeds, and the IRL nose is designed for more downforce at higher speeds, considering most races are run at near full speed. But thats about the only real difference between the cars. The designs ARE similar. As ChrisV puts it: "Close-minded bullshit".

It's 5 million for a season, not per car. And that is due to them having to buy a new engine every race. IRL engines are bought from a supplier when needed, and that supplier deals with every IRL team, as mandated by the governing body of IRL.

Again, I have to steal ChrisV's quote: "Close-Minded Bullshit". I said why Schumacher is not the best driver in the world. And F1 is not the BEST racing series in the world. Unless by best you mean the biggest paycheues. I'm glad to see you finally found a dictionary too, but you repeated yourself. It's the exact same thing, twice over. Nice. :clap:

"I'm glad ChrisV already pulled the BS card on the IRL and F1 car driving. Because if he hadn't, I sure would."

You really are a prick. I probably know more about how the world really works because I'm not 'rich'.

posted by  dodgerforlife

so you admit that you are poor, therefore admitting that you are worse at life "then" me.

posted by  Jay-G

Quit being such a hard-ass

fu

posted by  TurboLag

http://www.ianai.net/jokes/forumpix/cupofstfu.jpg

posted by  GreekWarrior

:laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  TurboLag

I just noticed this. This is twice the swept displacement of a formula 1 car in 1 revolution, yes? The f1 engines rev at 17000rpm, and the nascar engines to about 8000rpm. Those were only dodgy figures I found on the first websites I went to, but using them as a rough guide, we could say that in displacement/unit time (ie L/s) the cars are about the same. Sure, the f1 is still putting out more power, but not from less displacement.

posted by  windsonian

Weak. Just weak. Ignorant and naive as well. Most of all, a royal douchebag.

Love how you harped at me to respond to your post, and I did, and this is ALL YOU CAME UP WITH?!

Oh yeah, your english 'sucks' again. "worse at life 'then' me"? What the hell is that supposed to mean exactly?

Besides, I never admitted I was poor. I said I was not 'rich'. But from what I can tell, rich to you is owning a ferrari Enzo or two, a couple of Bimmers, and being really arrogant. So I'm not that, and I'm happy not to be that. I live quite a comfortable life, and my family is not by any means 'poor'.

So do what everyone else has said already, and shut the f8ck up.

posted by  dodgerforlife

i think he's saying he's better at board games than you...

posted by  dodger65

that must be it :orglaugh:

posted by  dodgerforlife

Why are you getting all pissy because you don't agree with him? Why are you being such a jerk to him?

See how it's simply a matter of perspective? He insults YOU so you get all defensive and insulting (resorting to calling him a royal douchebag). But if someone insults me or what I'VE done and I respond like you did, I'M the bad guy, huh? How come the double standard? When YOU do it, it's defending your position, when I do it, it's getting "pissy?"

If you can respond like this to Jay, then I can respond in the same manner to those who've acted similar to me or others.

posted by  ChrisV

are you getting pissy, chris...? :mrgreen:

posted by  dodger65

Danica is a great racer and has a lot of potential. She's pulled a lot of firsts and it's a shame she didn't go home with 1st place :doh:

posted by  Mr E

Ay yup, althought I believe it's only the ferrari engines that rev up to 17,000. Most others hit around 15/16. Schumacher's success is half to his driving skills, and half to his car. That's what happens when your sponsor dumps in 5 times as much R&D money as the competitors. You figure out how to rev up to 17000 and make torque up there.

posted by  Godlaus

at those sort of revs, you don't need much torque. By the time it gets through the box, it's gonna be plenty.

posted by  windsonian

You cannot deny that he is the best driver to ever race in the history of motorsport. He races in the highest level of racing and is the most successful driver of all time. Need i remind you that he won 2 championships(his 4th and 5th year) as a member of the benetton team with a different carmaker in each year. How can you prove that ferrari spends 5x as much research and development money as the other teams. It is just speculation.

posted by  Jay-G

The Benetton example is not a good one. When he was driving them, they repeatedly finished 1,2 as they were the best cars out there. I'm not saying he wasn't the best driver, but he still did have the best car.

posted by  windsonian

well, actually, schumacher accounted for 21 of the team's 27 total victories, and they only won one constructor's championship, in '95. They were not the best cars.

posted by  Jay-G

So, for the 2 years Schumacher won with them, they won 1 constructors championship (by 29 points - I can google too), and came second in the other by 15 points. In those 2 years, the other maker rounding out the top 2 was Williams-Renault. Then the respective distances to 3rd place were 32 and 45pts. I'd say that between those 4 cars they were probably right up there with the best, wouldn't you?

posted by  windsonian

I got pissy because it was a personal attack, on both my financial state and knowledge of "life". And I'm only being a jerk because that's exactly what he does at most times, with his "this/that sucks, you suck, you're stupid" posts.

It isn't simply a matter of perspective. He went personal, and said I was poor, so that must mean I don't know how life works. I don't know how many other perspectives can be pulled from that. And yes, if he is going to say something like that, I'll go right back at him, and you have to admit that 'royal douchebag' is a lot more creative then his style of insults, which either involve someone being poor and stupid, or poor and retarded.

If Jay-G had said something like that to you, and you drill him a new one, I wouldn't say a word. I only back people up where it seems like it really isn't fair for them to be attacked like they are. Sorry if sometimes it seems like I'm making you out to be the bad guy, but I'd do it for anyone. Take for instance, ohhh, car_crazy89. If he started lambasting someone for something they really didn't deserve, I'd take the other persons side. Now say that person deserved the verbal beating, I'd take car_crazy's side. Nothing to do with a double standard, I try to stand for what's right. Sorry if my views don't always coincide with yours.

Tell you what, ChrisV. When someone says that you are poor and must not know anything about life because of it, you can tear them a new one. But when it isn't personal, keep it clean. I'll do the same. Sound fair?

posted by  dodgerforlife

but still what about ayrton senna, james clark and fangio? are you saying they werent as good as micheal? im not saying that they are better than him just the same level

posted by  ahoo

I am saying that he is the best based on his performance- he has won more championships than anyone in the most respected/most advanced form of racing. It's hard to say the others are equal because they simply have not or did not get the opportunity to be as successful, championship-wise. I think that F1 would be even more awesome if ayrton senna was still here. Imagine that- he would be neck and neck with schumacher every race. It's just too bad.

posted by  Jay-G

true, true. But I don't think it's fair on the others to say that Schu is better than them. Yes, say that he has better stats, because he does. But like you said, wouldn't it be sweet if Ayrton was still about :drool:

It's like any sport, wouldn't it be awesome if legends from different eras could play against each other...

posted by  windsonian

can you believe all these cry babies getting jealous haha. their just trying to promote the sport, why cant they understand it? shes one of the best things to happen in along time and really draw some attention.
http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/3827644

Drivers reportedly protest Danica treatment
Story Tools: Print Email
FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 day ago

Apparently not everyone has fallen head over heels with Danica Patrick.

Also...

Danica wrecks in Milwaukee

Photo Gallery...
Danica Patrick

According to a report in the Indianapolis Star, four Andretti Green Racing's drivers — Indianapolis 500 winner and IRL points leader Dan Wheldon, defending IRL champion Tony Kanaan, Dario Franchitti and Bryan Herta — boycotted a mandatory autograph session Saturday night at the Wisconsin State Fair Park because organizers of the fan-friendly event created a different waiting line for Patrick.

According to the report, AGR drivers haven't been pleased with the way the IRL has promoted Patrick over the other drivers.

"It's a serious issue and we need to talk (with league officials) about it," AGR co-owner Kevin Savoree told the Star.

The drivers will likely be fined for the protest, and maybe even lose some championship points, although IRL president Brian Barnhart told the Star that scenario wasn't likely.

"This is a very serious situation because the autograph session is vitally important as we try to reach out to the fans," Barnhart told the Star. "The attention Danica has drawn to this series — none of which she asked for — has risen the tide for all of our ships, and everyone needs to understand that."

AGR drivers have grown tired of all the media attention that Patrick has received since the Indy 500 in May, where she finished fourth.

Kanaan and Herta, who have taken shots at Patrick after recent races, chose not to comment about the boycott after Sunday's A.J. Foyt 225 at the Milwaukee Mile.

Savoree, however, said the issue is something the IRL has to deal with.

"We don't have an issue with Danica at all," Savoree said. "She's a great young talent and she's proven it every weekend. But we've got some things to talk to the IRL about."

Patrick said she was unaware of Saturday's protest, and added she can't do anything about the attention she receives.

"I didn't ask for this; I didn't even ask for extra security here," she told the Star. "I know it's hard (for organizers), and I don't know what can be done."

posted by  adamc44

Funny how since Indy, when her name is mentioned, crickets start chirping.

posted by  ChromeDome

Wow, I can't believe how much crap Ki2ay was spewing. :banghead:

Kinda funny in retrospect.

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message