best formula one driver???

Home  \  Motorsports  \  best formula one driver???

In your opinions who do you think is the best formula one driver? Fro today and yesterdaY?

posted by  mx3_monster

Based purely on results, it's hard to go past the Schu.

posted by  windsonian

Good 'ol schu and his F1 Ferrari.

posted by  Spanky2324

me :mrgreen:

nah i dont follow f1's

posted by  HyundaGuy

Different eras make it impossible to say who's the best. But these are the best in my opinion:

Fangio
Jim Clark
Graham Hill
Senna
Prost
Hakkinen
Schumacher

posted by  fudge

back in the 80's i'd say aryton senna
and today micheal schumacher

posted by  mx3_monster

Schumacher, hes the only person that I have heard of jumping a Ferrari 360. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

What on earth are you thinking saying Schumacher. Hes not a good driver its just a brilliant car. Best driver at the moment is Alonso, you just can't ignore him, and the best one of the old days has to be Senna, no arguement.

posted by  The Bhoys

Just because you hate him doesn't deny the fact that he's the most sucessful driver in this era.

Alonso and Raikkonen are the fastest this year but how many times before that did they beat Schumacher?

I could say the same with Alonso and Raikkonen, but Schumi managed to turn around a struggling team in the mid 90's into a dominant one. Anyway motorsports is a team sport and that a good driver alone isn't going to win much races.

I could use the point you made above to contradict it. But no doubt he is fast and lucky this year. Ferrari and bridgestone needs to come up with something better next year to compete.

posted by  fudge

Alonso is good...but the car is the best car out there right now...it is like 200 lbs under regulation so they can play with the balance of the car depending on the track...that is a big advantage...Shu is in a average car this year because of the bridgestones and he is still keeping up...

posted by  Fastback

Do you seriously think that Ferrari would let a crappy driver drive for them? You are a moron. :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

Behave yourself! You clearly haven't got the first idea about what constitutes a great driver... :doh:

Schumacher is an awesome driver. He's won many of his championships in inferior cars (several when MacLaren had better chassis' and 80-100BHP more than the Ferrari...) and his ability to help develop the potential of the cars is unrivalled. For focus and commitment, he's probably the best there's ever been.

Alonso has taken a superb, reliable car and used common sense and a calm, considered approach to his driving in oder to win this season. Of the younger drivers, he's not the best - both Raikkonnen and Button are considerably more talented - but he's good enough to deserve his title. Next year all the teams have to start from scratch with new, less powerful V8 engines and more rule changes, so the championship will once again be wide open. Schumacher is likely to retire at the end of the 2006 season, so you can guarantee he'll do everything he can to make sure he departs on a high note...

Yes, Senna was a wonderful natural talent and to see him competing with Schumacher would've been incredible; although I reckon they'd have been pretty evenly matched. Another prodigious talent was Nigel Mansell, who used to make his (vastly inferior) Ferrari do things that better cars couldn't achieve. When the Grands Prix Masters tournaments (600BHP Indycar-style cars with identical specs and no gizmos) begin in November, people will get to see just how good that guy is. :clap:

posted by  BearFace

Micheal and then maybe Ayrton Senna. and at times i think James Clark

anyone following the A1GP?

posted by  ahoo

Schumacher's getting old, and his career is slowly declining, I'm not bashing on him, because he's my favourite F1 driver, but it's true, the best is Raikkonen, or at least very soon will be...

posted by  chris_knows

Your Message