This is WHY I think skylines are cool!!!

Home  \  Motorsports  \  This is WHY I think skylines are cool!!!

In 1989 Nissan debuted the GT-R to compete in the JTC (Japan Touring Car)
Group A racing series. The GT-R was undefeated in its first season. 4 years
running the GT-R won the championship in the JTC Group A series, a record of
29 wins out of 29 races.

Because of its dominance, the Skyline was given its own series in 1994 the
JGTC, (Japan GT car) series.

In 1991 Nurburgring 24 hour endurance race (First participation) Skyline GT-R
won the Group N class. At the Spa Francorchamps 24 hour endurance race 1991
the GT-R won overall beating Group A, and Group N1 cars. From 1991 -1997 the
Skyline was undefeated in N1 endurance racing in Japan, winning 50 times.

:hi: :laughing:

posted by  jhains

Do you mean the Skyline street car? I guess you can think this way if you want to, but race cars are very differenet from road cars, you can't even compare them. Sure some of them share componets, but there's too much difference.

posted by  jedimario

The skyline I am refering to is the R32 Skyline GTR and is not steet legal.There are some that have been imorted from Japan and have been modified to be steet legal.

posted by  jhains

I think he means, that the GTR ran in races share little to none parts with the production skyline. And the R32 GTR is imported regularly into the States and Canada. Although you can get teh R34 in the States for a very high price. Most of the GTR's ran in the races have their HICAS steering system removed as its just plain dead weight.

posted by  aerith

Guess what. Just like your other thread you made, noone cares! :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

...........And this is WHY I think you are a dumbass :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

:stupid:

posted by  newyorker

If you don't care then why are you reading it and posting replies????

posted by  jhains

Because of the fact that it draws you in with the dumb ass title

posted by  99integra

Because a forum is:

So their openly disussing your knowledge, or lack thereof...

I personally LOVE the Skyline though :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

I've always liked the skylines my favourite would be the GT-R R34. Too bad they stopped production of those. :doh:

posted by  speeder

My favorite is the Nismo Z-Tune GTR R34. With 500hp, and 400lb of torque. Too bad theres only 20 made, and each of them costs 170k USD. Here's the link; here (http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0505_scc_skyline/index.html).

posted by  aerith

http://sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0505_scc_skyline_19_z.jpg

:drool: But I'm still a huge R32 fan. :thumbs: .

http://r32skyline.bufsiz.jp/original/47_1024.jpg

posted by  elchango36

They banned the R32 GTR from racing with our V8 "supercars" because it always won.

I'm a R32 fan as well, love em. :hi: :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I think that's awesome considering the R32's got an I6, not even 8 cylinders. :laughing:

posted by  elchango36

I love it :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

I found this thread to be incredibly useful. It gives some rationale for why there's such a following behind Skylines. (Because they were race-dominant, much like the DBR9 today). So, thank you, jhains.

Although, I ask that if you're going to copy and paste, that you cite the source.

http://aznpwnage.tripod.com/Cars.html

posted by  Godlaus

I copied and pasted nothing. I think youre talking to the originator of the thread.

posted by  newyorker

You do realize that you can think before you post, right?
------------------------------
Oh, and by the way, re-read my post;

I think I'm talking to jhains, not you.

posted by  Godlaus

So in that case, you qouted me because? :ticking:

posted by  newyorker

Mostly because of this post;

And because of the 'tone' you had in the one I quoted.

posted by  Godlaus

So you quoted me because I had a bad attitude but you dindt even say anytihng to me? What the hell are you talking about? And did you see the other thread he made?
"I think the skyline is cool"
responses were something like
"OK noone cares"
"get a life"
"why!?!"

posted by  newyorker

I said to you, that I found thsi thread to be useful, which contradicts your statement. I'm looking for a reasonable, viable rationale for your statement.

When you treat others without respect, and they can't or won't let you know how it feels, then I step in. Treat others as you wish they would treat you, NewYorker.

posted by  Godlaus

Il try my best, sorry about the misunderstanding. Im getting along with most of the forum, and I dont want it to be any different with you. :2cents:

posted by  newyorker

screw my two front teeth, THATS all i want for christmas

posted by  ride3k

Yes a good choice. The New Zealand guys will attest to them. Nissan can make a fine engine and suspension system. We had an RB30ET engined GM Holden here circa 1987, that is still in great demand by the young blokes wanting a balltearer.

posted by  Wally

if i do an engine swap, thats what im throwing under my hood, beaut of an engine for a pretty good price

posted by  ride3k

Your Message