Help with Gran Turismo 4 missions

Home  \  Motorsports  \  Help with Gran Turismo 4 missions

Hi everyone,
i am hoping there a couple of Gran Turismo fans here that can help me with a couple of things in GT4!

Can someone tell me that if im on 800 days GT time is there still a chance of getting the special Black cars?
And then mission 23, slipstreaming with the GT R skylines, how do i catch the first guy, have tried a lot of things and cant catch him!

posted by  WesO

Jigga huh? :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

Buy the book or go to game sites or better yet google it you silly goose.

posted by  Spanky2324

http://cheatcc.com/psx2/sg/gran_turismo_4.txt
a complete walkthrough lol that should help

posted by  Tech_N9ne

On a certain day special black supercars show up in the used car showrooms. They're supposedly really fast for what you pay for them.

posted by  Scolson

the car lot's are on a cycle, so you just have to wait untill the 1394-1400th days, and you have your 2nd chance at getting them.

the GT-R drafting race, you have to get the others to draft you and get ahead of you, so you can draft them again... i havn't beat it (tried quite a few times) , but... that's how it's supposed to be done.

posted by  pik_d

What are these black cars?:ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

all black versions of the mazda 787b race car, nissan r390 gt1 race car, nissan r92cp race car, and the the toyota gt-one race car.

they grand total for around 8-9 million credits for the 4 of them.

they're used though, so they have miles on them already.

posted by  pik_d

Thanx a lot Tech n9ne and pik -d! The walk through was awsome!

posted by  WesO

Oh I understand. I think I've come across the R390 before. So they're just road versions of the race car?

posted by  Cliffy

nope, they're all race cars. but if memory serves there are three R390's in the game, a race, a road, and a black version of the race car.

the black version is cheaper (roughly 1/2 the price, maybe lower), but it has the normal 20k+ miles on it, so it's a trade off.... heavily in the favor of you need to buy the 4 black beauties. :laughing:

posted by  pik_d

What a mission! I eventually got through that GT R crisis after about 2 hours of trying! You have to do it absolutely perfect otherwise you might as well just keep on pressing the retry button!
So all you GT4 fans must check out the walkthrough that Tech N9ne suggested! Helps a LOT!
Pik - d whats the car you love driving the most ?

posted by  WesO

it was fairly easy, once you get ahead just go close to the wall. you should get to him soon. (well if my memory serves me right) oh and you will have to buy the refreshment thing for the black cars, if you notice it's harder to steer when you dont do that to all your used cars

posted by  ahoo

i like the opera s2000... the GT4 version 350z, the nismo 270R was the 2nd car i REALLY used alot, very fun...

it was also fun taking the 1954 corvette, (maxing it out) and beating the C5 z06 with it in the corvette only race. :thumbs:

then there's the m3 gtr... though i havn't driven it that much.

there were also alot of cars that just didnt cut it for me... the iroc-z camaro, the vw gti, shelby cobra (but then, that's my fault for maxing out it's HP... i did hit a wall and get like 20ft in the air :mrgreen: ), the proto motors spirra looked like it would be awesome... it wasn't...

there's still a few cars i havn't checked out that i kindof want to, mostly due to curiousity, like the rsx-s, and one of the s4/rs4/rs6 group. and ofcourse try to silver out the IA lisence to get that skyline (prototype of the one that'll be out in a few years).

posted by  pik_d

i had a totally tricked out 300zx that served me will at least a 3rd of the way through the game. sweet little cars those 300zx's.

posted by  bebopin64

heh, what is it... 773hp that it maxes out at? :thumbs:

posted by  pik_d

my 6 ae86's have served me well.

here's my list of most used cars: (not in order)

AE86 NA Trueno
AE86 Turbo Trueno
Ae86 Supercharger Levin
FC3S Turbo RX-7
BMW M3 CSL
Honda S800 Race Car
Dodge Charger
Mustang SVT
Aston Martin DB9
Mitsubishi EVOIII
Black Toyota GT-One (aka batmobile)
RX-8 Supercharged

posted by  ahoo

My fav car was the amuse s2000, in green. Then my data was corrupt or some crap and I lost everything. I lost interest after that.

posted by  Scolson

I had that problem with GT3, wouldn't load my save data because it was corrupted. I still have no idea what that means lol
:ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

i had the same problem with gt2 and gt4, same as you, i've lost interest in the game now, although, i do still remember quite a bit of nothing about it cause i started to play it back when it first came out like, early last year.

i remember starting the game with a VR4 Galant (1988 version, 4G63, 4dr sedan, rally car really)... then progressing to an S15 Silvia.... after that it's all pretty fuzzy, but i know i owned a kouki eight six and a bnr34 at one point... I HAD TO OF!, it's just me! :D

posted by  HyundaGuy

Kinda sad but i JUST GOT this game and i just got the delorian. How am i supposed to make money without doing the Sunday Cup like 2,000,000,000,000,000 times before i can do the Japanese championships?

posted by  sandlercd_22

see if you can do any of the japanese car manufacturer events to win cars... otherwise just leave them for later.

you could also do other races from the beginner hall that you havn't done, or lisences to win more cars.

posted by  pik_d

about the corrupt game files, if the memory card is getting near its limit gran turismo doesnt seem to save properly anymore and will stay that way even though you have more space on your memory card after deleting a few things.

in simpler words it's f***ed

posted by  ahoo

So, it's the memory card that's screwed?....GT4 saves fine on mine, it was just GT3 I had problems with! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

yea pretty much, it has happend to my gt2 game a million times back in my ps days.

posted by  ahoo

I cant get my cars to go any faster than 130-140 and win the race. See i can get enough accel but when im on a straight they catch up and pass me. Im working on a new car wich is the Mazda you win when you beat the clubman cup. My FF car is my FTO.

posted by  sandlercd_22

Change your gearing.

posted by  Scolson

more specifically, make it so the lines on the graph are further apart left and right. :thumbs:

only downside is that you have to dish out a pretty penny for the full customize transmission.

posted by  pik_d

I already have it in and i used the tuning guide from www.gamefaqs.com and it worked ok for my FTO but not good enough. It took me 10 tries to beat the clubman cup because of one race.

posted by  sandlercd_22

It helps as a temperary measure, to possition yourself in the rival cars' slipsteam, this cuts off the 'wind' from battering your car and speeds you up slightly!

posted by  Cliffy

which race gave you trouble?

out of curiousity, what modifications did you make to the FTO (and which year and model)? i wanna go see if i can beat it with your setup. i never really used the FTO... ever. but now i've got alot of money, and not much else to do... :laughing:

edit: ok. i went and beat the seoul with an FTO, worst contenders were a 03 integra type r, and a tvr v8s (i think is what it's called). did this all on around 280hp, upgraded breaks, 2nd level turbo, upgraded transmission (and set to auto 7 for a bit more acceleration). how's this compare to how you did?

oh, and i couldn't beat the blasted opel speedster turbo that shows up from time to time... so i had to make sure it wasn't in the roster. :(

posted by  pik_d

they said the the speedsters are a real tough challenge, my speedster is tuned to perfection and it is still a 200 point race (the opel speedster races)

posted by  ahoo

I think its a 94 FTO i baught from the used car lot. Its got lvl 3 turbo,nitro everything i could possibly do. all but the weight mods. I want to get the Mazda up to par because its to the point that i can total rev it and start with no skip or peeling out. i just want to get to the big dollar races so i can get a brand new car (minus the 05 Mazda i won) i want to get a Chevelle for the american races even though i got a Delorian.i couldnt even come in 5th on the turbo races. im trying to beat those.

posted by  sandlercd_22

yea... the speedster race was really hard... did you change tyres? i use'd R4's, aside from tuning everything else. was 125points a race for me.

posted by  pik_d

Yeh i put soft racing tires on it but i still didnt get enough accel and top speed. Its like i cant have both. IT SUCKS!

posted by  sandlercd_22

which race and car are you talking about now?

and dont buy a chevelle. you win it in the hot rod competition. :wink2: although you need a fairly fast car to win that.

posted by  pik_d

..............i knew i was missing something......................

posted by  ahoo

hah... how many points is the race now, and did you win?

oh yea, and the 1st modification i do is always the tyres... then maybe brakes, THEN NAWZZZZZZ!!

er... actually i only have nitrous on like 2 or 3 cars. including the srt-4.. which tops out at like 247mph or something... :tard: i think just north of 500hp, and like an 80 shot of nitrious...

posted by  pik_d

i'll report on that in a few days

posted by  ahoo

Yip, have to agree there, best upgrades are tires, then brakes, and suspension and Nos! I cant get enough of the Ford GT, 795 HP, difficult to drive though, but once you get used to it its a rocket!
I do the full Suzuka circuit in 1 min 55.2 sec! What are a couple your lap times ??

posted by  WesO

hmm... 1:52.2 in a mercedes slk touring car with 760hp. :mrgreen:

and 2:25.2 in a corvette grand sport (c4) at 335hp (on the 1st and only lap, could probably do a few seconds better)

both on suzuka.

posted by  pik_d

Slick man ! That s quick !

posted by  WesO

can anyone beat 1.16 flat in deep forest?
or do 340 mph?

i never saw this thread before....:laughing:
I like comments:mrgreen:

posted by  nighthawk

The normal way around or reverse ?
And what car ? Will try this afternoon and get back here !

posted by  WesO

1.16.7 or something in subaru impreza wrx sti spec c with all the good stuff done

update, somehow i did 1.07 in the viper team oreca racecar with n/a tuning

-normal way around, :thumbs:

super soft tires lol

posted by  nighthawk

very sweet and fast:thumbs:

posted by  videotuning

Your Message