FWD-RWD Conversion

Home  \  General Chat  \  FWD-RWD Conversion

For the 89' Pontiac 6000Safari How much am I looking at out of pocket?

posted by  Level954

Don't know your car specifically, but, if it's the same as all other FWD vehicles. All I gotta say is... is your budget about 20 grand?

Everything will be different. EVERYTHING. Get a RWD car if you want one that bad....

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Uhhh....why would you want to do that??

posted by  Mathew

Well once I know a great deal about cars (by the time the wagon is finished) I believe my car will pull a good deal of sponsor interest for car shows

I mean what else can I do, is it even possible to have a FWD speed demon wagon? (considering its weight it will never be a speed demon) but still, Doesnt RWD offer more in my situation??

posted by  Level954

but its a Pontiac Gooole for gods's sake!

(inside joke)

posted by  Mathew

For that thing, FWD would offer more than RWD... Generally, you want a vehicle to be a FWD unless its a sportier car, a car made to be driven, otherwise you wouldn't even notice the difference until you hit bad weather and FWD prevails. That's made to be, well, not driven in the least.

That won't bring any sponsor interest no matter how nice you make it, no offence.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

No offence taken at all, Well... How does this sound... I am going to spend about 1k to get the car to look amazingly custom all except for the engine, maybe get one of those chips at 20horsepower.com , then sell it for 3.4k (car worth when I got it was about $600) 500 on paint job (know a friend) 250 on speaker system (got a decent deal) 250 on headliner, carpet,floor mats and then about 30 bucks on plastic enamel for the dash and other plastic/rubber interior (actually looks straight from factory in black after painted) forgot about 50 bucks to get custom seat covers and that same guy will do airbrush job on seat covers + dash Ill post it in auto trader and ebay about once a month and throw a for sale sign in the back window.

If I can sell this car Maybe I can open a Custom Station Wagon Buisness (lol)

posted by  Level954

Your Message