the worlds newest import supercar

Home  \  General Chat  \  the worlds newest import supercar

Hey sup all, What do you think of the toyota TXS 500whp V-10 street performer. I know it doesnt come out for about 6 months but i want to hear everyones imput on this car. its rumored to have either the 500hp v-10 or a 320hp hybid motor. The cost will be around $100,000. And it will be sold as a toyota or lexus, and rumored to be the come back of the popular 1993-98 toyota supra. some info at http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7633
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/tmb/8592_image.jpg

posted by  Import-tuner

If it is a supercar or not remains to be seen but 500HP is always nice esp. thru V10's...weight will be a big issue and Toyota/Lexus usually do a good job on suspension...hopefully not as cushy as the Supra TT's...

This is my current Japanese supercar (Tommy Kaira ZZII)

http://www.mcarsweb.com/tommykaira/zzii.jpg

AWD
RB26DETT Engine
Curb weight 2200 lbs
0-60 3.3 seconds
Top Speed 210 MPH

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Woh sweet, being lightweight as well as having an RB26DETT and AWD you have a killer combination. :thumbs:

P.S How much would this car cost? Just for interest. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

hmmm.... the new MKV..... so far, certainly has my approval.... though i think a V10 is a bit exaggerated.... was expecting a quad cam V8 with twins or something.....

posted by  Inygknok

The Tommy Kaira ZZII was a concept car and i dont think it actually became a production model. It was shown at the 2001 auto car show in britian and it still isnt a production car so it probably never will be. So you cant actually buy it. But Yoshikazu Tomita and Kikuo Kaira were thinking of pricing the car around $200,000 which is a really cheap price tag for what you got. BTW, this was for Greek.

posted by  Import-tuner

More than likley a Toyota. Comeback of a Supra? I highly doubt that. Inspired from the design but you don't just jumpt from a 300HP $40,000 sports car to a 500HP $100,000+ supercar. As you may have well know Toyota/Lexus have conquered every genre of car from Sports Compact to Luxery Sedan. They have probably build a car that will set its imprint in the automotive industry of every genre except the high performance supercar class. I don't know if Toyota is ready to bump heads with the likes of Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche, and VW AG. Only time will tell...

posted by  DSMer

Thanks bro, :thumbs: I wish I had that kind of money. :ohcrap: :banghead:

posted by  GreekWarrior

I like the new sig GreekWarrior, no offense but your last one was a little too much, this ones more toned down.

Oh and, about the toyota supercar/supra thing....

I can't understand how the hell a company could take a car and completly switch ait around in between generations. It seems like toyota is making a super car, then just slapping the supras name on it, Wwhich seems to be the only two things the cars have in common.

It would be like honda building a LeMans winning, ferrari killing, supercar, then slapping Integra Type R badges on it. It just doesn't make sense.

posted by  Zalight

Whoever said the car would be badged under the Supra name? Thats something you made up on your own part... Its a Toyota supercar named the TXS. Iono where the hell you keep getting Supra from.. :screwy:

Thats what I'm talking about... just poor reading skills. No wonder there are so many mis informed people.

posted by  DSMer

Well, DSMer, you seem to be the only one saying its not the supra revival, I just was going off what other people on this thread were saying.

posted by  Zalight

Thats the problem with people like you. To much assuming and seeming, had you read the link in the thread you'd realize that the car has absoultley nothing to do with a Supra. Maybe if you would stop going with "other people" and learn to do some reasearch on your own and think for yourself you would'nt be looking like the dumbass you are right now....

I can't help it because you misinterpreted something due to faulty logic and lack of ability to use that thing within the cavernous walls of your thick skull and membranes. Reasearch before you speak...

posted by  DSMer

Thanks, I knew my other one was too big :hi: I couldn't stop adding to it :laughing: :mrgreen: so I changed it. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Quite frankly this one is also to big. Its not the ammount of pictures its their horizontal lenght that needs to be changed. You see, when you make your avitar that big the entire screen needs to be fitted to YOUR post. So your post will go long enough to where you have to scroll left and right to read them, so I just usually don't read them. Scrolling up and down is as far as I'll go, left and right is just insane...

posted by  DSMer

Do you have to scroll left and right? Sorry DSMer on my computer I don't have to. Maybe because of different screen resolutions? Anyway I didn't know people had to scroll across, so sorry.

posted by  GreekWarrior

There we are, much better now! :thumbs:

posted by  Zalight

No problem with me, the AE86 drifitng was a fine sig, and I didn't have to scroll left/right. Why'd you remove it?

posted by  Godlaus

I'll put it back then. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Your Message