Little money for little hp??

Home  \  General Chat  \  Little money for little hp??

What are the things I could use money for that would give me more hp?? Nothing fancy but more and more heh

posted by  mumin

Nitrous is the best bang for the buck. :mrgreen:

posted by  DodgeRida67

The motor and make would help...

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

I ment maybe better electric candles I don't know how it is called in English the things that give out the spark for the engine. Maybe better cables??? Please help guys.

posted by  mumin

spark plugs probably aren't going to do much for you. a k and n air filter and crap like that is expensive and doesn't really do too much of anything. if you don't want to spend a lot of money drive like my grandma and like it. :)

posted by  carls47807

performace chip - most useable horsepower for the money.

and spark plugs may make you alittle more efficent and the overall feel better, but you won't gain much power(most likely none).

posted by  BMWGuru

If you want more hp anouther good way to go is to get a turbo kit. For the price range that you want you are looking at an extra 10 to 30 hp depending on the brand. go to this site for a few ideas http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com

posted by  Sniper1

Turbo kits aren't exactly cheap, bro. over 1 grand isn't my idea of cheap.

posted by  Godlaus

Actually you can get turbo kits from 100 dollars and up. i showed you that one site that was saling them for 75 and they were getting lik 20-50hp out of it. im trying to find the stie but i dont recall what the name of it was.

posted by  Sniper1

yeah, but that thing was tin foil and a house fan slapped together. The warranty probably doesn't cover that much either.

posted by  Godlaus

Yea man...that's crap...might as well throw your money down the toilet

posted by  NISSANSPDR

they might be good for a one time use though............

posted by  Godlaus

You also might consider removing unnecessary weight from the car... You don't state what purpose this car serves, but the less weight your engine has to move, the better.

On my rx7, I have no stereo. I also removed the power steering and AC, which cut ALOT of weight off the nose of the car, and freed-up at least a few ponies... Unfortunately, I didn't dyno it before and after to find out how much.

Depending on the car, a cold-air intake might buy a couple hp, and a high-flow cat and decent exhaust will also help.

posted by  Rat King

The cheap turbos are not going to last long but if you need a short quick boost then go for it. but if you want it to last then yes you are looking at a lot of money from 500 to like 3000. but reducing the weight would help a lot to. And getting a new inter cooler or air intake or even new headers well help a little.

posted by  Sniper1

Kid never stated the car he has people. Might be driving a HEMI for all we know. I know i know! But it's funny...Hemi!!! Anyways, if he has a TT Supra then a CAI would help tremendously for the price. And yes removing shit is the only free good way to get power.

posted by  VMJYogi

Your Message