fitting my car

Home  \  General Chat  \  fitting my car

Ok CrutchField says some of the recievers on there will not fit my car. but why wont they? they look the exact same size as all the others. I know i have to buy the mounting kit cause my car is a GM. But will some really not fit my car? even with the mounting kit?

BTW i have a '97 Cutlass Supreme 2 door and i am looking at this for it...

Head Unit (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4039_63891892 ,00.html)

Crutchfield says it wont fit... but will it?

posted by  Anthony212

What on earth is crutchfield?

Where there's a will there's a way, nothing was supposed to be able to fit in my 88 GP, I just made a mounting kit for it and it works and looks dandy.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

GM cars usually have double din or 1 1/2 DIN recievers. But you can put a single DIN receiver in it no problem with mounting brackets. The HU you chose is very nice and I highly recommend it. I just dont highly recommend buying from Crutchfield (dont know HOW many times ive said that on here), go look into www.ikesound.com and www.onlinecarstereo.com . Crutchfield rapes you by selling at msrp (just like circuit city or best buy does).

posted by  thunderbird1100

oh i was not planning on buying it from crutch field... ive found it a couple hundred dollars cheaper elsewhere.. i was just using them as an example

posted by  Anthony212

Your Message