30gs to spend need help

Home  \  General Chat  \  30gs to spend need help

im looking for a sports car, and i live in south jersey. im not worried about the winter either, i got a suv for that but the type of car would have to be light and doesnt matter how many seats. other then that i dont care wut kind of car just fast with good handling. i have about 30gs to spend but i dont get wut i dont spend, a parents gift.

posted by  mellowyellow4ly

New under 30k Sports Cars to me:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII RS
Nissan 350Z
Mazda RX8 High Power Version
Ford Mustang GT
Mazdaspeed Miata
Dodge Neon SRT4
Subaru Impreza WRX
Chevy Cobalt SS/Saturn Ion Redline
Mini Cooper S
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Acura RSX Type S
Honda Civic Si
Hyundai Tiburon GT V6
VW Golf R32/VW Golf 1.8T/VW Golf VR6

Used I would consider these:

BMW M3 E36
Toyota Supra TT
Mazda RX7 3rd Gen
Nissan 300ZX TT
Mitsubishi Evo VIII
Subaru Impreza STi
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra (if you can snag an 04/05)
Chevy Vette (early C5's maybe?)
Audi S4 (perhaps?)
Chevy Camaro SS (late 90's)
Pontiac Firebird WS6 (late 90's)

Anyone can add...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

i doubt you could get an 04-05 Cobra for only 30 grand.

posted by  jdubya

Easily could. They go for 35CAD or something along those lines.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

They STILL have new 04 Cobras on our Ford lots here. They are selling them for $28,800. Can't seem to sell the last two on lot (at my local dealer), been sitting there for 7 months now. It's EASY to find a new 04 Cobra for under $30k (Afterall Ford doesnt sell ANYTHING close to MSRP...except the Ford GT (not Mustang GT)).

posted by  thunderbird1100

I 2nd the Evolution, but the mid-level Evolution VIII model (I think it's called the GSR in japan?) not the RS.

posted by  thunderbird1100

I would go with the evo as will. But i would also consider buying the m3 for its handling and it is fast because after all it is BMW. plus they last a long time. i own a 1988 535is and it has 180000 miles on it. so if you want a long lasting car go with BM. But the evo is a really nice car to have. I want one but im still in high school so i dont have alot of money.

posted by  Sniper1

You are correct...the Evo VIII here is the GSR. I dunno if you could get one for under 30k...I know for sure you can get the RS for under that price and you can still add the options if you wanted to...it comes in a few hundred lbs. lighter since it's more race ready...but if you want it liveable you can add the options at the dealer.

posted by  NISSANSPDR

My friend just bought an 03 Cobra for about 31 thousand......................................it had a supercharger though.

posted by  jdubya

Then he got taken...since you can pick up 04 Cobra's for under 30k...and they got forged pistons from the factory and the "390" hp is underrated if you seen some stock dyno sheets...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

How bout a c5 corvette !! :mrgreen:

You could probably find a good deal seeing most vette owners are doing the C6 upgrade right now !

posted by  ode94

How about the Imprez STI. It's a thing of beauty in those Jersey winters to have. Especially by lincoln tunnel. The god damn streets are at like 45 degree angles. And the AWD and crash safety rating would be nice to have. Its like 36g with tax but i'd love to only have to pay 6000 for a new car. Oh yeah and it fits people and groceries and looks cool and is mighty quick with a 6-speed manual tranny.

posted by  VMJYogi

I said that already...Chevy...early C5

I also said the STi...great car...not much play due to everyone loving the Evo as much

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Your Message