Acura Rsx question

Home  \  General Chat  \  Acura Rsx question

hi there i was wondering if you guys can give me an opinion on something, i'm gettin a new car and its gona be a acura rsx, i'm debatin whether or not to get a type-s or just a low base model, the thing is the type-s is 10,000 dollars more then the base but everything looks the same for the base pretty much besides the leather and the moon roof, but the headache question is should i spend 10,000dollars to get something a lil more high powered the type-s is 210 horsepower, the base is alright to at 160horse power thats pretty good cuz i live in a small city, is there anyone that can give their opinions about this? which would you get? would the extra 50hp be worth 10,000 you think? or should i go with a base model? thanks for helpin me out in advance :mrgreen:

posted by  chibi

There are many many many differences between the RSX and RSX-S...too many to list. The RSX-S is way more sporty and fun to drive than the base RSX. Now, is this $10k CAD? I still wouldnt think it'd be that much of a price difference in Canada on the RSX and RSX-S. Here in the states a base RSX is $20k and the RSX-S $23k.

posted by  thunderbird1100

The 10k in question cannot be CAD

3k US = 3,604.20 CAD

So it has to be somewhere else...

Get the RSX-S...you wont regret it...you'll regret getting the RSX....if you want an RSX...just get the Civic Si (current model...if you want)

posted by  NISSANSPDR

i'm from canada the base rsx is 24 grand and the type-s is 34 grand, sorry for not stateing that earlier

posted by  chibi

34,000.00 CAD = 28,313.28 USD (RSX-S in Canada)

24,000.00 CAD = 19,985.84 USD (RSX in Canada)

Here's what you do...come down to the USA and buy the RSX for $23,570 (MSRP)

posted by  NISSANSPDR

$34k for an RSX-S!!!! Even in Canada that's WAY too inflated. $23k seems about right CAD for a base RSX. You shouldnt have to pay more than $27k-$28k for a RSX-S CAD.

posted by  thunderbird1100

HOLY CRAP! thats an insane difference in price daymn ripoffs!! :cussing: .......just today in the paper i found an RSX-S for sale that is used for 26grand, it has 24,000 clicks on it and its a 2003 model 6 speed, waht do you guys think of that deal?? i think i can work them down to bout 24 grand or so, anyone think its a good deal or not??

ps: thanks for all the help from everyone who gave their :2cents:

posted by  chibi

Yea try to talk them down if you can...24k kilometers is nothing

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Your Message