Celica stalls In Neutral

Home  \  General Chat  \  Celica stalls In Neutral

Hi all and anyone that can help.

I have a 1991 Celica 5sp that seems to be having trouble maintaining RPMs in order to shift into 1st. This doesn't seem to be a problem upon initial startup, but, after driving for a while, maybe coming to a stop light or something, I can't get the engine RPMs up high enough to get the car into 1st without stalling. Once I finally do, it shifts fine, but will occassionally have a problem getting RPMs up again when I stop. It is an intermittant problem, but an annoying one (Who likes to stall???). So far, I have replaced the Fuel filter, and fuel pump.

As a side note, I found the battery dying recently, for no apparent reason, even after a charge. So I have replaced that, as well. Its so much worse when your car stalls, and then you don't have enough battery power to start it up again...

Thanks
Chzdg

posted by  ChazDog

The battery dieing was most likely from you stalling then restarted. that can kill it hella fast. but your alternater could be going bad if it countiues after the new one is in. now as for the stalling im not sure on i know a little more about eletrical and audio then engine. but i am learning. i would try dowing a whole system flush on ur oil, coolent, transmission, and fuel systems. :doh:

posted by  Sniper1

Please allow me to translate the above post into English for you;

There you have it. It may not be exactly correct, but it's close.

posted by  vwhobo

ok you dumb ass i am not dumb and i do know how to spell its called i dont care. secoundly i was telling about his battery and i know what iam talking about. but at least i tryed helping where as you do nothing for this site. iam not snipervirus who ever the f*** that is. :fu: how learn something about turbos you stuped ass.

posted by  Sniper1

Okay, let's go with the concept that you're not dumb. It's a stretch, but we'll try it. Tell us this Einstein. How is "dowing a whole system flush on ur oil, coolent, transmission, and fuel systems" going to cure or even affect his drivability concerns? The clock is ticking.

BTW, use of the FU smilie is proof of sub-normal intelligence. Your turn Twinkie.

posted by  vwhobo

ok i was just saying not telling and some times when you do a complet engine flush and get fresh fluids the car runs better. you did have to come off like a dick. and at least i can spell doing.

posted by  Sniper1

:doh:

posted by  Godlaus

No you can't dumbass... That's a direct cut and paste from your first post. Go ahead and read it.

posted by  vwhobo

what ever man at least i am trying to help the kid where as you are doing nothing but being a dick. :2cents:

posted by  Sniper1

Let's see if you can answer this question. How are you helping him by giving him useless and incorrect information? How?

posted by  vwhobo

first off i am trying and secound off it was a guess.

posted by  Sniper1

oh ya and i dont see you doing any thing.

posted by  Sniper1

Okay, so we're back to...

This must be what they mean by the circle of life. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

just shut up and answer the danm kids ? if your so smart. if you do that then i well say i am srry for this dumb aregument

posted by  Sniper1

And you became the forum supervisor when? I'm still waiting for you to answer my questions.

posted by  vwhobo

heres ur answer i was guessing like i said just giving him some types on helping his engine run better. now its ur turn to answer if you know so much.

posted by  Sniper1

Unlike you I'm not stupid enough to take a guess with so little info. Unlike you I diagnose and repair cars for a living and have been since the best part of you dripped down your momma's leg.

Pay attention little man, it takes quality input to get quality output. The crap you type (I wanted to help so I guessed) DOESN'T HELP, it only confuses people.

posted by  vwhobo

you still didnt answer the quistion at hand. and you do what i want to do but i am still in high school. so of course i dont always know what i am talking about. but i well say srry for the dumb argument any ways.

posted by  Sniper1

what company do you work for? what school did you go to if any?

posted by  Sniper1

1. I own multiple shops and also work for others. Name and location withheld for personal privacy.

2. When I came up there weren't schools like WyoTech, UTI, etc. Mine is a combination of working in the race shop since I could walk, shop classes, community colleges, manufacturers training and good old hard knocks.

posted by  vwhobo

oh ok
sounds good im just looking and learning still. im trying to find a good school to go to but i havent found one that i am set on.

posted by  Sniper1

My son and my money are going to http://www.wyotech.com/autobodymain.asp?pid=autobody and then to http://www.wizardfabrications.com/ .

posted by  vwhobo

vwhobo, since joining this site, I have never seen you once give anyone adivce when needed. It seems like your sole purpose in being here is to search for unintelligent posts so you can insult them, thus making yourself feel better about yourself. Instead of insulting other people's opinions, why don't you enlighten us with your own?

posted by  Mathew

Maybe you need to read more posts!

posted by  thefonz

Ah, the forum police got me. Try getting a grip on yourself. If you could read faster (try not moving your lips or drooling on the monitor) you would be able to...

Thank you for watching my back thefonz.

posted by  vwhobo

HEY HOBO!
wuts up with you and copy and pasting and telling people you wrote the thing yourself and calling dodgerider a lier when your the one lying??

posted by  CarEXPERT

Why are you doing this? That subject was closed a long time ago. You seem to have something against vwhobo to bring up an old thing such as that. Care to tell us what it is?

Quit being an asshole, carexpert, being a persistant question asker is already annoying enough.

posted by  Godlaus

Carexpert isn't the only one on this forum being an asshole :screwy:

One of the worst communties on the web, here :2cents:

posted by  Spitsign

nobodys making you stay. I know of 4 other forums on general cars that you could go to, so why don't you?

posted by  Godlaus

As you can see I hardly post here; what makes you assume I DON'T go to other forums? Use your brain guy, you aren't restricted to viewing one forum at a time.

posted by  Spitsign

You know, I flatter you too much. I figured the reason your were absent on this forum so much, you actually had a life outside of your computer screen. Silly me, there's no way spitsign could have a life.

You have other forums, then go to them. Hell, you've probably seen me on other ones. If I don't like the forum, I'd don't pull a 'Holden Caulfield', and leave a parting shot, I just leave. Oops, silly me, you're too stupid to comprehend a book like 'the catcher and the rye', so you won't get that allusion. If you don't like it, then just leave, that's it. Quit whining, as it won't fix anything.

I still flatter you too much, spitsign

posted by  Godlaus

Great job killing this thread.

posted by  dfownz

Perhaps then, you can answer the question, oh wise guru of cars.

This was posted in the wrong sub-section anyway.

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message