How bad is stalling your car?

Home  \  General Chat  \  How bad is stalling your car?

Just how bad is it for an engine? I just started driving my new stick last week, and although its gotten an arm and a leg better, stalls still happen.

For all you experts out there, just how bad is it for a car? Its not a constant thing, but I do tend to stall her 3 or 4 times on a given day.

Obviously its not something to make a habit of, but will this do any damage to the engine?

Thanks fellas,
B

posted by  thisisbrianly

It doesn't hurt it except it means that you will be firing off the spark plugs more so it will be like -1 life left in them if you know what I mean :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

no. for some reason i have no idea what you mean... :screwy:

posted by  dodger65

I mean that every time you start your car, you take 1 life off the lives of the spark plugs

posted by  99integra

Isnt start up one of the hardest things on an engine? If so, then isnt it bad cause you have to keep restarting the car after every time if stalls therefore hurting the engine?

posted by  car_crazy89

Only a little bit though

posted by  99integra

Yes but what if you usually start it 4 or 5 times a day to go to work, come home, go to the store, etc, PLUS stalling it 3 or 4 times everyday adn having to restart it, thats like 7-9 starts everyday. That would eventually add up.

posted by  car_crazy89

Yeeaah :laughing:

posted by  99integra

that's a little different if you're starting it back up right away. (not sitting in traffic contemplating your foot-foot coordination failure) as far as i know, the worst thing about starting your car is the fact that the bearings are pretty close to dry until the oil pump builds up pressure. if you start it back up right away, most likely you haven't lost ALL the pressure yet... besides, i have faith in brianly's learning ability. i think he'll be able to master it before he lunches a set of plugs... :screwy:

posted by  dodger65

That is also true

posted by  99integra

Haha good to know you guys have confidence in me :) It is a ton of fun, and its getting to the point where driving is semi-automatic....
Just want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

You guys rock,
Adios
B

posted by  thisisbrianly

Grind em till you find em! :laughing: ...I'm borrowing my step-dad's truck until my car gets fixed and well...it's been a while since I drove a manual. I almost rolled backward into a Camaro earlier today. :doh:
I've accidentally grinded gears and even dropped the clutch a few times, it's pretty embarrassing so I feel for ya. Pretty soon you'll be a pro and love it.

posted by  97Talonchik

no kidding. i converted the brown truck in my sig to a 4 speed just b/c i missed having a manual...

posted by  dodger65

If you dropped the clutch then you should pick it up :orglaugh:

posted by  99integra

omg, you may be a bigger dork than i am... :clap: :drool:

posted by  dodger65

:mrgreen: Only when I like to be

posted by  99integra

How many time has that damn thing been in the shop?! :laughing:

posted by  FordFromHell351

Your Message