Value of Bradley GT?

Home  \  General Chat  \  Value of Bradley GT?

Okay, well recently i remembered this 'old' car i saw awhile ago and have recently passed it quite a bit. I decided to take as good of a look as i could through a steel fence to find out what it was. It is a Bradley GT II (not sure year), kit car.

It looks mostly complete (interior may be junk cause t-tops are missing) and in good shape, i have only seen the sides, rear and above (kinda) of the car, so dunno what the front looks like. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me an approximate value of one of these cars.

I can maybe try to take some pics (as i might see it later tonight) but i'm not sure yet, might be alittle dark out. So if anyone knows an approximate price for a Bradley GT II could you please let me know, kinda curious. Thanks in advance for any help.

posted by  car_crazy89

Price is going to be hard for this kind of car because they are not very common nor are they really sought after. I've seen a couple running examples on e-bay go for the $3,000 - $6,000 range. I picked one up from a bone yard a couple years ago for $300. It was a project that didn't get finished but the body was in decent shape and it had all the mechanicals.

There is one recently listed on e-bay that you could watch to gauge the price.
e-bay Bradley GTII (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-BRADLEY-GT-II_W0QQitemZ4580267526QQcat egoryZ6737QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

It may come down to what the owner is willing to let it go for and how much you actually want it and are willing to pay for it. If those two numbers meet up then.........

Let me know if you look into it and have any futher questions.

Here is a picture of mine.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a397/theman352001/bradleyside.jpg

posted by  theman352001

Very basic cars, fairly low quality of fitment, but strong. It could be fun with a built up bug motor in it. Hell, my Bradley GT 1 was fun with a stock 1600cc...

This was mine:

posted by  ChrisV

My half-baked plan is to stuff in the back a Ford 2.3 out of a turbo coupe. All I need is the adapter plate and the time.

posted by  theman352001

Hell I'll do a trade, my 2.3 liter for a 302 :hi:. Got one laying around somewhere hehe

posted by  99integra

Sorry, all I've got Ford is a 351M and a 460. Oh, and I have the 2.3 already so what else do you have?

posted by  theman352001

I'll take the 460 hehe

posted by  99integra

Alright thanks. I was just curious, i'd definately take it if i could get it less then $600-700 (all i have/can get right now), no more then $1000 though. I might try to get a friend to find out about it (as its in a school yard and has been for awhile) and i dont go to that school. I think they look kinda cool, it looks more like the one 'theman352001' posted but its orange. It says on the back (an emblem) that its a turbo V6 but i dunno really, i'll try to get some pics and find out more. Thanks for your time and help :thumbs:

BTW: Is there any chance of fitting something bigger in the, say some kind of small block V8? :mrgreen: Nice cars by the way, what happened to them (ChrisV and/or theman352001)?

posted by  car_crazy89

YOu know, the only cars I'm really...purist...about are Bugs or bug based cars, as far as engines are concerned. it's SO easy to make an 11 second street Bug with a streetable Bug engine, and it's not all that expensive. There's really nothing you can put in there that can go as quickly, as cheaply, and as easily AND be as reliable in that application.

In a car like this, a 2110 or 2180 would be nutty, and even a 1776 bug motor would be fun.

posted by  ChrisV

That'd be pretty cool, i dont know anything about these cars or Bug engines so i dont really know their capabilities. If i did get this car (if its for sale and i could afford it), then i wouldnt need anything too fast (not sure what exactly is in it now) so i think atleast those first 2 engines would be alittle crazy (and wouldnt know where to find one). I'll try to find out more about the car... and Bug engines and remember what their capable of and then maybe ask more questions about this, thanks Chris :thumbs:

EDIT: Know any good sites to read up on Bug engines of that era?

posted by  car_crazy89

Better idea than websites is to pick up a copy of hot VWs from your local newsstand.

But you can look on their website: http://www.hotvws.com/

or The Samba website, or for the ultimate VW engine:

http://www.vwparadise.com/

posted by  ChrisV

Alright thanx Chris. We dont have newstands here, so where else could you find it, maybe in convience stores, maybe Canadian Tire, or would i have to go to a book store?

posted by  car_crazy89

Shhhh...don't tell them about Canadian Tire, they'll make fun of us. Its better if they don't know...

posted by  Mathew

I still don't see you putting anything up for the trade. Besides, I've got plans for the 460. That leaves the 351.

If it's in a school yard just go up to the office and ask one of the secretaries. They should be able to tell you something about it.

While I'm sure you could stuff a V8 in there, I don't think it would really help the car much. Unless you could go with a mid-engine set-up. Now you're talking MAJOR fabrication.

As for my car, I still have it. Like I stated above, my plan is to stuff a 2.3L turbo motor in the back. Already have the motor, all I need now is an adapter plate and some time.

Anybody want to work for me so I can spend some time working on my cars? :hi:

posted by  theman352001

How bout I'll give you my shitty 2.3 liter that doesn't wanna start without a jump now so you can have 2 motors and this one only has 64k miles :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Sorry, wrong info.. :doh:

posted by  car_crazy89

Well when you put it that way....................................................................no thanks. :laughing:

posted by  theman352001

Your Message