Couple of quick pics of my wrx....

Home  \  General Chat  \  Couple of quick pics of my wrx....

Hey guys well i havent posted here in a while but heres a little update of my wrx....

No front plate bracket on bumper ;D
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2591/dsc01089wk0.jpg

Silver Koji headlight mod +hoodpins (will paint the headlights back to black, flow better with cf hood)
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8571/dsc01090vh9.jpg

rear driver side
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4760/dsc01091ux1.jpg

BTW ICE OWNS my car.

I will have a spring time build for this car and i have gathered all the parts allready.

posted by  V-Tec

Why does that car have hoodpins?!

posted by  Enthusiast

cause it has a cf hood (a hideous one at that) and thety are required

posted by  newyorker

Looks like a hood straight out of Need for Speed Underground:laughing:

posted by  Spanky2324

i got a good deal on the hood. My hood had a dent in it after i parallel parked it in chicago for 2 days.

The hood pins are a safety precaution since carbon fiber hoods are lighter than the stock ones and the stock latch cannot hold it sometimes. I really didn;t want hood pins, but after a couple of scares at 50mph with the hood being held by the safety latch i decided to get some...

posted by  V-Tec

Right..but the hood looks horrid lol im sorry i know you got it cheap and all, but dont just get stuff cause its cheap. Try to find a stock hood, and if you upgrade to an STi intercooler, swap the scoop on it as well, or if you go for an FMIC, get a 2.5 hood with no scoop...

by the way speaking of accidents, these cars have very thin paint so be careful

posted by  newyorker

You should have ran the smaller pins that dont look completely out of place on a relatuvely stock wrx.

They are small and most dont even notice them if you run them close to the fenders.

posted by  Enthusiast

i like the look of the hood, it was a good deal and i upgraded. As far as the hood pins go i first bought the stealth aerocatch ones but those were way to big and could not be mounted on the hood since there weren't any flat spots on the hood....So i sold them and bought these... They are the regular size hood pins.

The placement of the hood pins really had to be over there are the radiator support runs along that line.

As far as the scoop and STi intercooler goes i have that taken care of for spring...

posted by  V-Tec

And I was just about to recomend those

posted by  newyorker

I was reffering to the tiny ones that run along the edges of the hood, they are very inconspicous and wouldnt look so out of place on a rather stock vehicle.

posted by  Enthusiast

The whole point is that they have to be secured to something strong (most cases the rad support)...thats why most people put them where they are...I really hate the ones with the dumbass wires though

posted by  newyorker

ahh that was a good vacation in seattle... anyway ya this was the only location possible to put these... As the the wire ones... i think some cars can pull them off some can't. The Gt500 comes with them stock and i think it looks ok.

posted by  V-Tec

besides the hood. ur car is really clean i like it. nice job

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

Looking spiffy.

posted by  Ruiner

nice!

posted by  GreekWarrior

Your Message