1960s 1970s Slalom Racing in California

Home  \  General Chat  \  1960s 1970s Slalom Racing in California

Hello,
My father had a 1969 Z/28 Camaro that came in 2nd in Slalom Racing for the State of California sometime between 1969 and 1971 I think. I'd like to track down the car. Though I know the task is just about impossible.
Does anyone know what organization was running Slalom on that level in California back in those days? I have some details about the car including a photo and the license number from that time, about it being repainted, and a warranty engine being dealer installed. I've ran the license plate but no luck in California. What I am really trying to get is the VIN. I remember where the guy lived who my father bought the car from. That guy was the one who built the car and raced it. My father sold the car about 1974 or 1975 as well as everything else he had that was fast just as I was turning 16 - seems smart NOW that I too am a father ...
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Pat

posted by  bump

Do you know which dealership the car was bought at? They might still have the sales records from back in the day, they'd probably have the VIN listed as well. A shot in the dark, but worth a shot.

posted by  giant016

Your Message