small engines

Home  \  General Chat  \  small engines

hey ppl! =D wanting to ask about small engines (1.3-1.4). These engines back in the day were used in formula races..producing quite many hp..or even these days...1.3l engines that are used in sports bikes reach up to 170 hp stock...now, how are these engines able to reach that many hp? and is it possible on modifying an 1300cc engine to produce about that range of hp?

Thanx in regard =D

posted by  George_D13

ya it is.. not axactly sure on what hp the hayabusa motor produces but there are people that use forced induction on them....

I am sure they go Way above 170hp... i belive there was one in the 400 hp range.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-sdz-0NWfoc&feature=related

posted by  V-Tec

stock hayabusas produce 170hp....i'm talking about naturally aspired power...not forced intuction

posted by  George_D13

y only NA? Forced induction is cheaper...

posted by  V-Tec

the whole thing here are the cops. forced induction is well..easy to notice, while NA isn't notable without popping the hood

posted by  George_D13

How exactly is forced induction more easy to notice and why would it matter? Some cars come off the assembly line with a turbo or a supercharger and the only way to notice those is if you begin to spool the turbo near a cop. Unless you plan on running some big front mount with a non-recirculated blow off valve then the cops may notice you. My blow off valve has released air next to a cop before.

posted by  Spanky2324

Since when is forced induction against the law? If you don't break the law, you don't have to worry about the cops. you could have the fastest looking car or bike in the world with the loudest blow off, but if you don't go over the limit, it ain't their problem. On the other hand if you have the slowest car in the world, and you go over the limit or drive like an idiot, (or don't use hands free now in NJ) you deserve to and will get in trouble. The problem is not what you drive, but how you drive it.

posted by  dvdrose18

yea i know what you guys mean. Btw i live in Cyprus. The laws here are pretty strickt. You mainly can't increase your cars power =/, i'm not joking. About the forced induction though you guy are right. cops can't notice it THAT easy, but if they do its $800 xD so..thats why i;m thinking mostly of NA. And maybe in the future i could supercharge or turbo the engine.

posted by  George_D13

btw guys...this is a 1.3l carb engine

posted by  George_D13

In other words just don't drive like a prat, going at 100mph will definately give it away.

posted by  fudge

so what mods do you guys recommend? its a honda engine btw D series
so i was thinking of swapping a d16z6 head on it. what about bigger carbs? camshaft? what else can i do on this thing?

posted by  George_D13

umm either swap an engine in there like an h22 or turbo it...

posted by  V-Tec

.....i'm not looking for 'big' power numbers...i'm thinking of about 140 bhp

posted by  George_D13

140 bhp is slow, by 1995 standards even

posted by  newyorker

eh well aren't 140bhp a duable hp rate for N/A? i know what you mean. Eventhough 140hp is more from 100hp per litre. I'm just asking what must i change,swap,take off,add to reach a fair amount of bhp keeping it N/A.

posted by  George_D13

Your Message