Your ultimate roadtrip

Home  \  General Chat  \  Your ultimate roadtrip

Alright, at the risk of having to actually do homework I came up with a query: What would be your ultimate roadtrip? The only rules are that you can't put your vehicle on a ferry or anything to transport it, and you must complete the entire trip in the same vehicle. What you drive is more or less beside the point unless you plan on mud bogging.

================================MY PLAN===================================

Starting point: My house (Boston area)
Ending point: Rio de f*cking Janeiro

Overall plan: Fly by the seat of my pants while in the U.S.. Limited gas stations in other countries would need a solid plan. However, while in the U.S. I would stick to my usual roadtrip rules. One of them being that if you don't have to be anywhere at a certain time and have a small reason to drive 100+ miles out of the way, you have to. Local road trips include going to Buffalo for Buffalo wings (not that far off of the course) to going to Schenectedy in NY because it has name thats fun to say. On the big road trip I'd stop for things like the world's largest ______ and whatnot. Eating a grinder, hoagie and a sub would be a goal as well. I'd also have to go to Valencia (Venezuela) to get some Valencia oranges. You get the idea.

Is it likely to happen? Yes...but not for a long time.

posted by  giant016

I would like to tour all major cities in Europe, or go to Ibiza, its supposed to be a huge party island.

Realistically, I would like to drive down to Virginia again, and just spend 1 week there driving to places sightseeing.

posted by  newyorker

my dream roadtrip was on any different provinces. take note in just one week on the road along with my friends off course. he..

posted by  mhaneil

did you mean friends off course, or friends of course?

posted by  carls47807

Land's End to John 'o Groats...Go UK! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I would love to tour Alaska, and Northern Canada(in the summer of course). On the other hand, I wouldn't mind restoring my pony, and taking it for a top down tour of every state and province in US and Canada (except Hawaii of course). I would avoid as many major cities as possible, simply because I hate cities. Nothing like cruising down winding country roads with the top down. Hit up B+Bs for good home cooking...
[wakes up]
D@MN IT that would be fun...

posted by  dvdrose18

Starting in Charlotte, going to either to Alaska or the Yucatan Peninsula or Cancun or somewhere in Mexico.

And plenty of stops along the way to see whatever stupid stuff there may be to see.

Actually, Alaska would probably be alot better. Lots of mountains = A+

posted by  jedimario

I was actually planning on driving to South Carolina this March break, but a couple of things (need money, parents don't let me, etc) came up. Me and a couple of friends might rent a car (a good sized sedan), during the summer and go to South Carolina/Texas/Louisiana/Florida/etc, but we'd go through Quebec, because the minimum drinking age is 18, and then Virginia and the mountains there, because it's beautiful.

posted by  chris_knows

Me and my dad did that when I passed my test! Except we went the other way. Very good fun :)

posted by  2007DBR9

Why on earth would you want to come here? Just pass through?

posted by  jedimario

How about drivin. starting from all the way east of US like New Jersey and travel all the way across the US to California and back and of course stop for some siteseeing there and there. One big huge DSM cruise with over 30 cars. This would be my dream roadtrip. I think all DSMtuners would love this cruise. but hell this trip would be expensive as sh*t. especially some of us that have to use premium gas lol

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

I've been to SC before, and it was a nice place...Especially during the summer at the beach, but the people are nice too.

posted by  chris_knows

You guys would need to have road shops on speed dial LOL i keed i keed

posted by  newyorker

Well Myrtle Beach is nice I guess, so is Charleston, but I'm on the other side of the state, don't get that way much.

posted by  jedimario

Man you so beat me to that one. We would need some of those members riding in flatbed tow trucks for us awd kids out there:laughing: You know eagle we have those giant cruises in cali called meets. Pretty good amount of DSM's make it out to the event and then we'd drive from one area to another and then stop and barbecue. Check out the norcal thread for the last meet. But yeah be sure to bring some tools and towtrucks:mrgreen:

posted by  Spanky2324

If you're going all the way to Texas, just keep going to Mexico. I went in the offseason and everything was crazy cheap, but even in the summer it's probably still a good deal. Drinking age is 18 or less, you can rent hotels, and it'll be more interesting than th U.S. Honestly, I wouldn't even consider stopping in Texas for a trip if you're 18.

beaches>desert
girls>cows
good cheap beer>no beer
3/$1 tacos>just about everything

posted by  giant016

That never crossed my mind. If the thing happens, I'll make sure to go to Mexico, but I'd have to visit Texas too.

posted by  chris_knows

Makes sense I guess, lol....I've never done it myself but I keep telling myself I must one day! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah it is well worth it. Just make sure the car has air con and plenty of leg room!

posted by  2007DBR9

A/C is good at the right time of year here in the UK....Leg room is always good but I'm only 5'7"(ish) so I'm not the tallest person in the world...:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

My ultimate roadtrip would be to go through the deep south in a 2003 BMW Z8 convertible. Through Georgia, Carolina's, Tennessee and Missouri. The end.

posted by  99integra

i might have to check this out sometimes. come down to cali meets and see u guys. ill bring some of my central PA dsm guys wit me also. there iching for a long cruise lol

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

Wish I could already have my own car so I can have my own roadtrip adventure:laughing:

Please note: Only one username is allowed per user here.

posted by  Wheels

Yea, Mexico everything is crazy cheap if you go into a place with a very low economy of course you cannot go and get name brand stuff cheap like a new microsoft computer as they still sell them the same price as they do in the USA in the end but other stuff you can get good deals on.

posted by  Guru

I never knew Microsoft made computers...

posted by  dvdrose18

Anything can happen in Mexico.

posted by  jedimario

My ultimate road trip would be to travel the world by car. Even if that meant sitting in the car as it was riding across the ferry to another country. :-P

It just sounds like fun!

posted by  Guru

Your Message