Looking for a Project Car

Home  \  General Chat  \  Looking for a Project Car

Hey guys this summer I should be done with the Z and Im looking for a fun little project car.

Im thinking I kinda want something a little obscure that you dont see very much. I'd like it to be rather light not a huge boat, older (be nice to do something from the 80s or 70s) but thats not that big a deal, and most of all CHEAP.

Id like to mod it and just make a fun car. Things I was looking at, to give you an idea, maybe a G60 corrado or an AE-86 corrolla.

I wanted to ask you guys for help cause alot of the fun little cars from the 70s and 80s have been forgotten so hopefully some of you can think of something.

Oh and I'm really not considering something like a mustang of an f-body I already have one of those.

posted by  Enthusiast

240z
Miata (a little newer but fun at its finest)

posted by  newyorker

Im thinking about the miata, but Ive had my miata, it was fun but I had my fill, plus they are very common, Im looking for something a little more obscure.

Im considering the 240.

But what else?

posted by  Enthusiast

Z31 300zx
Cressida
Delorean

posted by  newyorker

Around here deloreans comand quite a premium

Ive been looking fro cressidas but they are rather heavy and more of a luxury car, plus the motors like t eat headgaskets

I am considering the Z31 300zx but I would rather go RX-7, I prefer the body much more.

posted by  Enthusiast

Why not an MK2 supra, or an MR2

posted by  newyorker

All this asking for suggestions...I'll bet you go with the 240. :2cents:

posted by  BavarianWheels

I doubt it Im not a big fan of the engine in the 240.

I am considering a MR2 though one of the older ones. I havent been in MR2s in a while so I cant remeber the designations.

On a side note didnt some of them come supercharged

posted by  Enthusiast

Hey Bav give me some ideas for bimmers or european cars, thats kinda what I want.

posted by  Enthusiast

BMW 2002
pretty uncommon

posted by  newyorker

Id feel bad tearing one up. And If only seen a few local ones.

My cousins roomate had one and it was a fun little car,

posted by  Enthusiast

Look into the E30 BMW's. Lots of aftermarket parts for these...and if you get the right one, it could be well worth it in resale after you finish.

http://www.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/History_M3_E30_1.jpg
Just a generic E30 pic...or you could do a V12 install like the Orange monster in my sig pics...depends on your budget!

There...I made a suggestion. I still think you'll do the 240.

Omni GLH-S or a Turbo Dodge Spirit perhaps. Both pretty rare though.

My knowledge of old Brit cars is limited, but I see a lot of little Brit roadsters going for cheep, and considering how small they are + lack of safety equip they are probably crazy light.

posted by  giant016

Okay Ill start looking into the e30 models. I wanted a european car to begin with

I dont know why you think Ill do the 240, im not a big fan of them at all and Im am much more interested in an FC rx-7. Do you mean, you think I should?

What is that 12 out of? 8 or 7 series?

posted by  Enthusiast

Been looking for a turbo dodge for over a year and a half now, still yet to find a local one, well today I found a daytona its about 40 miles away but im not paying 2K for one that doesnt run. id much rather have one of the less desirable turbo mopars like a sundance or spirit

posted by  Enthusiast

A friend of mine got an e30 a while back for 900 dollars. Only thing wrong we found was the exhaust hanger was broken. Hes had it for liek 6 months now and still no problems and oh after he bought it we got up under it and found quite a few aftermarket suspension parts.

I wish I could find something like that.

Good lookin car to.

posted by  Enthusiast

No...just that you mentioned it.

Not sure, I'm not well versed on the 12 cylinder engines...I'll guess out of 7 series since they might be more abundant.

Your Message