Oil at 95mph on highway

Home  \  General Chat  \  Oil at 95mph on highway

This is what happened to a friend when there's oil on the highway ,doing 95 mph
A video to remember,may happen to any of us...

Here you can see the video with details

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1253130/oil_on_the_highway_at_95_mph_director s_cut/

View original media here:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1250795/oil_on_the_highway_at_95_mph/

He is a good Driver,but he was lucky...

posted by  FredMento

hes not a very smart driver doing 95, besides which it doesnt take a driving genius to full lock your steering this and that way, its actually the best way to lose control of your car because you are upsetting the balance of it so much.

posted by  newyorker

When you're sitting here you might say that, but when you're in his place, you'd probably do the same thing. The guy doesn't look too smart for driving like that though.

posted by  chris_knows

Looks like he's in Europe, and quite possibly on a road that has a much higher speedlimit. Hell, even with speedlimits being 110 km/h around here, there's at least two stretches of highway (between Regina/Saskatoon and between Calgary/Edmonton) that if you're doing anything less then 130, you're going too damn slow.

And FYI to newyorker. Lock to lock has nothing to do with upsetting the precious balance of his vehicle. Lock to lock is controlling his skidding. It might make a bigger difference in your Civic, looks like he's driving an Audi, and I would expect that to have a quite bit better handling ability.

posted by  dodgerforlife

if anythibg saved him it wasn't his driving but most likely the fact that the car has quattro.

posted by  newyorker

Quattro ain't gonna save your ass when you skid out at 150. Driving ability does.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Down here on I-75 we average from 65-80 with the traffic of northern birds trying to flock to find their way. Anyway he could have corrected quicker if he hadn't flicked it so much the second time he turned the wheel but thats just my :2cents:.

posted by  99integra

but he was doing 95..it really doesnt take a man of genius to full lock your car a few times he was just stupid and got lucky

posted by  newyorker

Are you mentally challenged? 150 KILOMETRES AN HOUR = 95 MILES PER HOUR. If you had noticed, it specifically mentions that in the video!

Christ, do us all a favour and shut the hell up. You spew nothing but NONSENSICAL BULLSHIT.

Have you ever taken any higher level driving courses, more specifically winter driving courses? Probably not.

Lock to lock is wholly acceptable to maintain control a vehicle, especially when the skid is that extreme, and is a rear-wheel lockup. I've hit skidpans of ice at 50mph with re-treaded capped tires, meaning NO tread pattern, just slicks, and been through front-wheel, rear-wheel, and all-wheel lockups. When your rear end wants to come around like that, and in that quick of a hurry, you have to make EXTREME movements to bring it back. He's lucky it wasn't an all-wheel lockup, he would have been SOL.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message