Bigger LSD than regular MX5
Stronger Driveline than regular MX5
178 horsepower (155 at the wheels)
166 foot pounds of torque

Stock figures are
0-60 in 6.2 seconds
1/4 mile in 14.59 @ 93.78
60-0 braking at 118 feet

Getting her on friday or saturday of this week once my money comes through...and if you want to call BS, youll be proven wrong by sunday when I do my photoshoot

Im so excited :smoke:

posted by  newyorker

Where have I been? Am I going crazy or is that a Miata? Didn't you just get a newish car that you've been talking about modding out? Maybe I need to go back and read some threads...

posted by  97Talonchik

Welcome to 2 years ago lol
The civic will be for sale, I had some things goin for it and then I decided that it wasnt worth it.

posted by  newyorker

Took me a second to understand if it was a dealer car that you could drive or if it was your car.

It's nice though, especially for the summer!

posted by  chris_knows

Well weve had it for a few months and I finally decided to snag it up at their cost so im happy.

Summer great...winter, not so much...not only will I have to work with a light RWD car, but short gearing, jumpy throttle, and tight steering...this is gona be an interesting season to say the least haha

Yes its my new daily, the civic will be no more

After I pay it off I can start to mod..Flying miata intake kit, and their exhaust kit (turbo back) gets you from 155whp to around the 210 area, all for around $1400 usd not including install...thats some bang for the buck

posted by  newyorker

a good car?

wo?

posted by  nighthawk

Indecisive retardation at its finest.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

If you wanna talk shit, give igor a call and hell tell you...that is if you still talk to him, I know you are too goody goody for everyone now, douchebag :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Tell me what? That you are indecisive and possibly retarded? That's what the quotes were there to show/prove.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Igor has already seen the car...and hes taken a ride in it..in fact im pretty sure he still hasnt forgotten...if you want to say im bsing, give him a ring, but like i said, you are probbably too goody for him, or the best scenario will be if he doesnt even pick up your punk phonecall.

posted by  newyorker

You're kidding, right? Like, you're seriously not THIS stupid, right? In what part of me calling you an indecisive retard, do you see me saying that you're b/s'ing and don't own the car?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Dude dont you have better things to do right now?? Try working or something, you spend too much time here.

posted by  newyorker

Isn't THAT ironic... :banghead:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Maybe but while im here I am working as well

posted by  newyorker

As always:

In response to your comment, let's try this again:

You're dumber and more pathetic than I've imagined. You continuously try to argue with various members of the forum and always lose the argument because you are too stupid to comprehend what is going on. You then switch the topic and the cycle repeats itself. Moreover, you use the same comebacks and insults every time, no matter how old they are and even if they are, obviously, incorrect.

I work 45 hour weeks. I wouldn't be sitting on car-forums.com if I wasn't.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Looks like you can stack up to me in at least some regard, congrats.

posted by  newyorker

Actually...while you are "here", you're not working. If you were working you wouldn't be "here".

Part of my job is to keep up with the car world, hence I am here..its unfortunate that this forum has no more serious discussions though.

posted by  newyorker

So you agree with me...you being here IS NOT part of you WORKING... :banghead:

Your even more dense than I thought...

Do you enjoy knowing you are so pathetic that some people probably even feel bad for you?

Well...that's the politically correct way of putting it... :wink2:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Present

Oh I bet you work so hard newyorker. You play on dah internetz all day.:banghead:

posted by  Enthusiast

I go to school 25+ hrs a week and work 30 hours a week and I'm here several times a day, along with the other sites I stop by.

using the " Dude dont you have better things to do right now?? Try working or something, you spend too much time here " comeback is the most pathetic thing someone can say on the internet. especially after getting proven wrong.

Newyorker, I know you never actually started this argument, but the way you argue is just so strange I can't help but say something.

posted by  nighthawk

Ohh drama. :pop:

But seriously...in my post, I meant the Civic. You kept talking about getting wheels and modding it out like crazy, right? I'm just confused. :doh:

If you are getting the Miata, good for you. Looks similar to the one I test drove and fell in love with.

posted by  97Talonchik

The civic is going up for sale, I have no need for 2 cars in my life, nor will I be able to afford having 2...besides I would find myself driving the miata all the time anyway, the civic would be covered in so much bird crap I wouldnt be able to sell it.

First mods (hopefully within a month) are a Philips or McColouch (sp) HID kit 6000k, and a shorty antenna. Then I am going to wait out, pay off the car and get the Flyinmiata intake kit (comes with intake, mbc, tb inlet pipe, o2 modifier, and a bov) install all that, turn the boost to 9psi and go from 155whp to 190whp or somewhere in that area, and yes those gains have been dyno proven.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=4536&parentid=0&stocknumber=05-2 9121%20%20W/O%20MAF
Id be getting the non-Hydra ECU kit

Stock:
http://www.mazda-speed.com/albums/album38/whooosh1_002.jpg

FM Intake Kit:
http://www.mazda-speed.com/albums/album38/whooosh1.jpg

Reason for the massive spike is because when that guy did the dyno run he had the FM intake kit before it was offered with the upgraded BOV and MBC. The stock BOV is notorious for leaking, sometimes even at stock boost, and the stock EBC in the car also has a mind of its own. Basically the results would be like the ones seen above but witht a much smoother curve.

posted by  newyorker

I see you're still at "work"...

Nah I took a day off. 103 hours in 2 weeks wore me out a bit

posted by  newyorker

Congrats on the purchase.

Care to say what dealer cost was?

posted by  giant016

Thanks, and 14000..they were asking 18 which was too much but they paid too much..14000 for the car is just about right, but this one is really clean and low miles so i didnt mind.

There is a problem, I was supposed to take the car today but since I put it into the warehouse earlier this week to keep it out of the weather and my boss accidentally took the keys home last night and wont be in until tomorrow I have to wait another day for the car, but it is officially mine :)

posted by  newyorker

Maybe your fingers are worn from surfing the web and being on this site...it can't be for "real" work. You're "worn" out for an extra two hours a day?

Can't wait for the real world to hit you in the face...

Yea its cause im always running around back and forth in the heat, I dont have the luxury of sitting behind a desk and jerking off like some, so yea, I get tired..especially with the weather we have been having, and my lack of sleep. Is that all doctor?

posted by  newyorker

Boo hoo...you're working and you're tired. Welcome to life little boy.

Thanks sir....

posted by  newyorker

LOL...children are as children do.

Honestly NYer, I don't think you should be complaining that much about being overworked. You can say you're tired and whatnot, we all do. But if you really try to justify it, good luck. Working 2 hours overtime for two weeks is not that bad, as Bav said, if you're really stressing over that the real world will probably knock you into next Tuesday.

posted by  giant016

You're a ****ing joke. Try working 60+ hours a week with a physical labour job. "Running around in the heat"....****, try wearing steel-toe boots and Nomex coveralls all day in the heat, and doing actual WORK. Then you'll know what tired is.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Maybe you should have went to college then???:banghead:

posted by  newyorker

1. College isn't for everybody. A degree is not something for everyone to try and attain, nor does having a degree mean that you won't be tired.
2. Your retort has nothing to do with his and your meanings of 'tired'. You're not arguing over whether or not he should be tired, but whether or not his or your meanings of tired are justified.
3. It should be "gone to college", not "went to college."
4. People don't like you.
5. Ignore this post.

posted by  Godlaus

Youre right, they love me. It takes time to get to know me, and then people get along with me just fine. Why do you think when there is a car event being put together in the area they call me to help put it together and spready word...cause im a douchebag? I might act like one on the boards, but its the internet, not life.

Back to topic: picking up the car in 2.5 hours

posted by  newyorker

I only work 30 hours/week but I get knackered easily.

posted by  fudge

Maybe you actually work instead of spending the whole day on Car-Forums.com and calling it "work"...whew...I'm sweating already...

I'm in the process of looking for a job, and I don't know what knackered means. lol

BTW newyorker, did you pick it up yet?

posted by  chris_knows

Why would an otherwise OK person be a Dbag on the internet? I cannot picture any respectable person acting like an ass online. Just because you have car connections doesn't neccissariy mean people like you. Plenty of people's bosses probably have connections and get calls all the time when business goes down...doesn't mean anybody likes them.

posted by  giant016

Geez. Well, at least Bav is active again I guess....:wink2: :doh:

NY'er, the car is shown as an MX-5 in the pics, is that what it is, or is it still badged as a Miata? *in a dire attempt to bring topic back on...topic*

Also, NY'er, you do realise you're making things ever worse for yourself with your responses, don't you?

posted by  Cliffy

Well, I suppose this activity is better than nothing. Or is it?

posted by  jedimario

Its badged as an MX-5...but its also called a miata...havent read up on that yet but when I called my insurance company they had it in their computer as an MX-5 as well, maybe Miata is more of a nickname or something..ill find out.

Chris: the car is here, I took it to the city for my first "shoot" but unfortunately they had a lot of equiptment set up all over the place nad the only half-decent shot I got was this.

Canon 50mm f/1.8 II

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9929/msmgoodxo3.jpg

Love the car

posted by  newyorker

Oddly, I probably make more then you do, without any college degree.

And even though it's none of your damn business, I'm currently working on enrolling at the UNM for the fall 2009 semester for a Bachelor's in Civil Engineering....And guess what...I'll still be pulling 60 hour weeks in coveralls and steel-toe boots. Just not as much physical labour.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Haha NYer, Your such a douche.

First the college thing was the most ignorant statement Ive ever heard. A degree doesnt guarantee you anything, eithir does not having one. If it wasnt for my parents I probably wouldnt be in school right now.

And dont bitch about work. I'm a full time student and have pulled 65+ hour weeks and I dont bitch near as much as you, and I get good grades. In fact the week of finals I worked 59 hours.
Your work is easy and your a fat lazy bastard if running around in the "heat" is that hard on you, try roofing houses in the texas heat or working on a rig.

posted by  Enthusiast

<< environmental and geotechnical well driller....actually involves more work then a lot of oil rigs around here. Any rig built in the last 2 decades usually has air or hydraulic clamps and slips, use a lot of tugger/sand lines...roughnecks barely have to do shit all anymore! Our rotary rig, or any of our auger rigs, don't have any of those fancy gadgets, and I usually get stuck with swampers who can't do shit...I've chased a few away after they bitched and moaned about the work. Told my boss he needs to find some more hutterites for me to work with....those bastards work!

posted by  dodgerforlife

A buddy used to work for a oil field supplies delivery company and they sold these things, cant remeber what they are called, and they are rings with all these screws in them and when they sold a kit it came with this thread locker stuff. Well no one ever used it and me and him were out on a delivery and his boss asked if I could help them out tommorrow so I said sure.

The next day was a surprise, cause for 13 hours we undid these little alan head screws, put the shit on them, and then put them back in. Which really woudlnt have been so bad but the snow and wind was killin us.

posted by  Enthusiast

Standoff rings and loctite. Copperkote is another great thing..but doesn't lock threads...then there's good ol' monkey juice (diesel antifreeze + tranny fluid), which makes a wicked winter thread lube.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Your Message