fuel cleaner addatives

Home  \  General Chat  \  fuel cleaner addatives

Hi all just joined.
Whats the verdict on the fuel cleaners we buy in the auto parts store. Are they all the same do they do anything harmful? Is gum out as good as stp or the other $6-8 brands texico?
I have a 2003 hyundai accent 2 door hatch back about 76000 miles

thanks all

posted by  chaibill

I think Sea Foam is the greastest stuff out there. You can use it about 4 different ways and it honestly does make a noticable difference. I use the pour direct into the intake method (easy to do on a TBI). Read the label and it gives very clear instructions.

posted by  corbett_auto

it pours into the gas tank right i never heard of sea foam. what is it?

posted by  chaibill

You can pour it anywhere. Depending on what you need.... the can gives all the directions, but it can be poured: in the crankcase, into the intake, in the gas tank, and more.

It does work when poured into the tank with the gas. But it works much better if poured directly into the intake. If you have a a throttle body you can just pour it down the throat, if your car is MPFI you will need to find a large vacuum hose, such as the booster hose to pour it into. You actually pour it in and let it soak for a while then crank up the car. It will smoke like a freight train, but wow does it help.

posted by  corbett_auto

Seafoam FTMFW. Just make sure you're in an area away from busy roads.

posted by  Satty101

I used it in my gas tank and crankcase and no smoke came out. It only happens when you run it through the TBI

posted by  99integra

meant to add if you use it in the TBI or vacuum line.

posted by  Satty101

Your Message