OMG Insurance

Home  \  General Chat  \  OMG Insurance

so....1200 a year for insurance. and cant find a better place to get good insurance! can some one help me with my dilema!?:banghead:

posted by  ZERO-ZULU

If this is for the Supra then thats not a bad deal at all. My advice - stick with an econobox til you're old and mature enough. Then the insurance will go down, on the other hand you can save up - $100/month and you'll be sorted. Part time job will see you through.

posted by  fudge

The trick is to find a car that is fast and flies under the insurance radar. The biggest NO-NO is a car with no back seat this will cause the insurance to go sky high. Things that help lower insurance but do not effect speed as much are: 4 doors, do not opt for the top HP engine, automatic, etc.....

When I was younger I had a CRX (no back seat) that was crazy high on insurance. I moved up to a brand new Firebird V-6 the insurance was 1/3 the cost and the car was 3 times faster.

Also, consider a car that you can buy outright and do not need full coverage.

posted by  corbett_auto

I have a feeling insurance is generally much cheaper in the US than it is in the UK, hence why all the youngsters there have big motors in their cars...I think.

posted by  Cliffy

Big by UK standards...anything less than a 5.0L V8 isn't exactly big IMO.

posted by  Satty101

Wait...what? That´s not expensive at all. When I was about to take over a lease, I couldn´t do it simply because of the insurance...they wanted like $300 a month.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

A bit exaggerated me thinks, lol....

posted by  Cliffy

To me, no. 5.3 is decent, 5.7 good. 6.0 and up, awesome. :thumbs:

Like I said, it's a matter of how you look at it. You over the pond think anything above...3.0L is big?

posted by  Satty101

It's personal preference but most V8's or anything over like 4 liters I consider big.

I wanna know what it's like in England too. Cliffy, divulge.

posted by  chris_knows

ya mabey. idk how the economey is over there but all the people i know that are teens with like an rx-8 and stuff have there parents pay for it. not m style to bum off mom and dad but hey...what ever works for them

posted by  ZERO-ZULU

wow. ya thats worse but i hardly make $100 a pay check and i live in sioux falls so things might be cheaper here. mabey

posted by  ZERO-ZULU

I was thinking abut buying a good alarm, removable steering wheel and other such things to lower incurrence. Wait….is that true? I figure if I show I care about the car and its well being they would lower it. Is that stupid of me?

posted by  ZERO-ZULU

First, Making $100.00/check might not get you a "good" alarm (or at least you shouldn't be wasting your $$ on something that is insureable).

Second, normally insurance co's don't care what brand alarm the car has or the bells and whistles the alarm has. It's just a check box that lowers your insurance by a certain percentage (not much) whether the alarm is "good" or even THE BEST. If I'm thinking correctly, even LowJack is considered an alarm, so if you have both, they only count it as one alarm. Actually that might go for your removable steering wheel also.

Ins. Agent: Does the car have theft deterrent?
Client: Yes, an alarm, LowJack, a removable steering wheel and a trunk monkey.
Ins. Agent: That's a 'yes'.

Third, it sounds like you might be thinking that insurance co's exist to give breaks on insurance because you or your car is really nice...heh, nice one. Welcome to life.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Lame…my future of getting a nice car seems to go down hill…. my only other options are to wait tell im in my 30s if I can even afford it then…or ask my parents and well im not the kind of teen to turn to mommy and daddy for money…I like to work for what I keep…. people tend to respect things more when they have to work for it…anyway…. thanks for your help guys.

posted by  ZERO-ZULU

Instead of lowering your standards. Why not work hard, study hard and get a job that can support the life you want to live?

As you are learning nice things take money. And everyone has it in them to make as much money as they want. It just takes drive and determination!

posted by  corbett_auto

And also a bit of luck.

posted by  fudge

ya but lets be realistic....i have a dead end job. im not the best in school hense why im in summer school and i have a passion for cars and cant seem to learn a thing about them...i mean i read about them but when it come time to use that info i got blank. i had plans to start my own parts and body shop place but the economey isent the best right now. i wanted to build a drag strip and drift track if i got big enough...but again my brain power is whats holding me back....

posted by  ZERO-ZULU

Your Message