first car what to get??

Home  \  General Chat  \  first car what to get??

Alright. as mentioned in the introduction I'm 17 and I'm shopping for my first car. I thought about getting a truck because i hunt and it would be very useful in many ways. But i enjoy cars way more and they have better gas millage and funner to drive so i focused my search on cars. But her is the thing i really don't know what to look or what to get. At the moment Im looking at Toyota MR2, Toyota celica (my bro already has and i dont really want to get the same thing),Mitsubishi 3000GT, Mazda miata,
Honda prelude. So any suggestions any comments on those cars would be great :). I'm new to all of this so the more info the better :thumbs:

cheers

Jessetjames

posted by  jessetjames

Get a ford ranger or chevy s10, you won't regret it. Good gas mileage comes with the 4 cylinders and a 5spd makes them fun. :wink2:

posted by  99integra

ha or a blazer, you can take them through hell an back and they still run ha

posted by  hhsrastler92

oops forgot to mention i dont want to spend more then 4 grand......also a s10 wouldn't be big enough to pull anything......and i think im going to go with a car just because there funner to drive, have good gas millage, and look cool:thumbs: :thumbs:

posted by  jessetjames

You shouldn't omit an S-10 just because you think it can not pull anything..... it can pull more than a car, right?

With that said get what will make you happy, and not others happy.

posted by  corbett_auto

Go out. Drive a couple cars you like. Buy the one that feels the best. You'll know. It's zen...
:laughing:

posted by  99integra

If you don't know much about wrenching, then I wouldn't consider most of the cars on your list. Most notably the MR2 and the 3000GT. You might be able to get your hands on a decent "rustang" from early to mid 90's, which would probably a hell of a lot easier to fix then your other options, if it were to break down.

Other cars I would consider - Acura Integra(don't break down often) - Dodge Neon R/T(Decent factory power, easily upgradeable, easy to fix) - Mitsu Eclipse/Galant/Lancer(Don't come with the DSM plague) - Subie Impreza(if you can find it for the right price)

I still wouldn't discount the smaller truck lines though, as they said, the S10, the Ranger, Dakota, B2200 can all be had for cheap.

posted by  dodgerforlife

aren't Mitsu Eclipse very unreliable though??? at least from what ive read and heard they are one of those cars to stay away from. just curious

cheers
jessetjames

posted by  jessetjames

i just bought my first eclipse and i'm doing work to it, but when you hear things about cars you have to think about the people that drive them. eclipse's appeal to young drivers who are either learning to drive or trying to race. so of course a car's not gonna be reliable whenever you're dogging the hell out of it. i love my eclipse, only got to drive it home before the engine gave but it's what i get for buying from a kid ha. but with the exception of the engine everything is relatively cheap.

posted by  hhsrastler92

1G and 2G were bad. They were part of the whole DSM endeavour, which is not exactly known for reliability. 3rd(2000-05) and 4th(06+) gens are alot better now.

posted by  dodgerforlife

well looks like im back to square one:banghead: :banghead: found out the 3000gt isn't the most reliable car lol. so know im considering a MR2...are there any other car suggestions??? i can't really think of any other sweet sport cars:banghead: i would get a miata but my rents wont let me get one because its to small:cussing:

posted by  jessetjames

You get a Miata and you lose a testicle. ::waits for a certain person to intervene::

posted by  99integra

You only lose a testicle if you drive in a Miata and use hair straighteners. Considering what I'm driving I should have grown a vagina by now...

posted by  fudge

hahaha:smoke: :smoke: :mrgreen:....alright so back on topic :thumbs: suggestions??

posted by  jessetjames

You shouldn't get what qualifys for cash for clunkers right now. But i suggest a 2010 Ford F-150

posted by  Billy Mays

Why not there are A LOT of cars that qualify for the program that I would love to have. My daily driver qualifies, but I'd never give it up for $3500... 98 GTP.

posted by  corbett_auto

i have no where close to enough money for a 2010 f 150 and if i did i wouldn't be buying a truck lol:hi:

posted by  jessetjames

At least you love your eclipse. And yet I never had any problems with mine. I think thats just because I take care of it. That kid you bought it off of probably didn't. But good luck with your rebuild man.

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

I gave you a list.

posted by  dodgerforlife

thanks bub i appreciate it. i mean i got two buddies with 01 eclipses that are basically stock and they try an race anything that has two wheels. i'm good on that ha if i'm dumping all this money into it i'm gonna baby the hell out of it. but i'm at a standstill now with it. i've got the money to get the motor and put it in, i just don't wanna pay $200 to have it towed to another town to fix it. but i'm getting a pretty decent deal on the engine

posted by  hhsrastler92

6 or 7 bolt?

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

not sure it's a rebuilt 2.0L no turbo

posted by  hhsrastler92

Don't feel offended but all this cars look like soap dish. Maybe because that I'm a huge gay and fun of dodge vans. When I was looking for my first dodge van for sale i went on this website http://www.pennysaverusa.com/category/autos-trucks-vans-for-sale-dodge/regi on/w-us/radius-1/sections/. Anyway, I suggest Mists because is a legendary brand of cools cars.

posted by  kazati

:laughing:

posted by  99integra

Hello,

First car should be reliable, economical and not very fussy, Hyundai or Ford could be a better option.

Regards,
sarah_9

posted by  sarah_9

post edited because someones undies are in a knot.

posted by  dodgerforlife

This obscene trash is okay, but Twhat gets banned for being an idiot... Good thinkin' guys.

posted by  vwhobo

Awww, hobo's first post back, and he has to quote my post. I feel speschul nao. And here's the sad part. Even if I edited my post, you'd still have the quote, so the image would still be here. Nice thinking.

posted by  dodgerforlife

1. Yes, I guess maybe you are special... In a short bus kind of way. If you had opened your eyes and turned on your brain, or as I've preached for years "Think, Type, Submit", you'd have the ability to chronologically track my posts and clearly determine that this is not my "my first post back". Fail.

2. Yes, nice thinking, exactly as I had planned. You can edit your post any way you wish, but my post will still display the garbage you previously posted. And now you've even admitted to it. Good job.

So can you tell me why Twhat is banned for being a pinhead, but you won't be for posting obscenities? Double standard anyone?

posted by  vwhobo

Oh, I'm sorry, I have better things to do then meticulously track YOUR posts. Right, I'm going to get on top of checking EVERYONES latest post before saying something. Absolute genius there hobo.

And so I remove my post, that leaves you as the sole person displaying that "obscene trash" as you call it. Which then places you in violation of the very rules you're talking about. Sweet!

I don't give a shit about it. I'm not even sorry if it offends you. And talk about double standards. You sit there and pick on everyone, being the giant e-thug that you are, and get away with it. Wait, isn't there a rule about hostile behaviour? Can personal attacks not be construed as such?

Think.

Type.

Submit.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Right you are! Ford is the best choice! Think about!:screwy:

posted by  olla86

I drive hundai,it's economical and very easy to drive.It is for a car for a beginner like you I guess.

posted by  ysabel

hi...how are you now/?did decide what car you want to buy

posted by  ysabel

Hyundai is an Asian brand, so Asian people would generally vote for it but Ford is world wide brand, so popularity vise Ford is more competitive. So i would preferably like to have Ford.

Regards,
Carlito

posted by  carlitocanon

Yea, and yes. I won't mention when Hobo last got himself 'nearly' banned. Still, nevermind. :laughing:

I won't pretend what you posted was particularly clever, and had I have actually read it initially I would have removed it. But Double standards?

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message