Top fuel dragsters engine performance ect...

Home  \  General Chat  \  Top fuel dragsters engine performance ect...

In drag racing like NHRAand NIRA, what fuel injection method do they use? Do they use carborators for fuel injections? My friend told me that top fuel dragsters and funny car uses carborators because it can put more fuel in the cylinders so that is why there are flames coming out of the exhaust pipe. He also said that the fastest time in the 1/4 is 3.8 but I didnt believe it so im asking you guys.
Does anyone know how many cylinders the topfuel dragsters use and what engine they come from? How do they get it up to like 5000 hp? Do they use a stock engine and build it up or what? And what kinda transmission do they use, my friend said that they use maual cuz its faster but I thought auto would be better with that much horsepower.
Please help me anyone, ChrisV,DSMER, !
More info are welcome.. and thanks everyone

posted by  CarEXPERT

First of all stop your whining!!! :doh: I'm so f***ing tired of hearing you scream, "Help! DSMer, ChrisV! I need help!!!" They may help you if stopped whining and being a little baby! :banghead:

Anyway... Here's what I know about Dragsters. First of all, dragsters can take the 1/4 in less than 5 seconds, 3.8 sounds about right. I'm pretty sure they use 8-cylinder engines. Not sure though. However they probably do NOT make 5000 horsepower, for two reasons. 1) The dragster weighs very little, think of what's inside the dragster: an engine, the steering/chassis parts, a seat, and all other necessary parts. 2) 5000 horsepower would practicaly blow up something that light and is NOT necessary at all. Also, an automatic transmission is probably not used because there is SO much torque in the engines, the dragster would need a very heavy duty torque converter and the automatic transmission would weigh a little more. Thats about all I know, however PLEASE correct me. I know little about top fuel dragsters.

posted by  moostang104314

I wasnt winning.. just begging for help from the experts ChrisV DSMER ....
But I dont think they use regular auto transmissions.. and manual shifting would be hard because the engine is so fast. I dont know that much about Dragsters either.

posted by  CarEXPERT

heres the correction, yes , top fuel dragstars will produce in excess of 5000 hp even reaching 5500 hp when they light up however because they are dragsters they are not ment to run at the power for long.

posted by  choke

Wow. I never imagined a 5000 horsepower engine. Thanks for correcting me! :thumbs:

i know there was a some kind of nitro burning drag car est. @ 8000Hp at around 8000. the thing is, you can only guess because dynometers cant go high enough. Oh, and they use a two stage transmission that changes from low gear to high gear with a button.

posted by  Low Impedance

Happy reading......

Simple Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=top+fuel+dragster+engine)

posted by  theman352001

hehehe the american dream: at the push of a button

posted by  choke

Push of a button, huh? Sure it's not a lever or two they pull for the gears? That's what they use in funny cars and some prostock cars. And things like that massive wing in back and the wheelie bar help make sure all them ponies and torque make it to the ground. I don't know about 3.8 but they run on average of 4.5 secs in the 1/4.

It's actually kind of funny when they show top fuel dragsters on tv and then you watch pro stock or street. You get so used to watching the t/fers that when the "slower" cars start racing you think "god, that car only ran an 8 second mile, it's so slow."

posted by  eclipso

yeah i get that same "8 seconds? thats crap" effect. Damn TV. Then you go drive your own car and get REALLY dissapointed. The top fuel cars use a button. some might have use a lever but there are only two gears on the thing. pro street cars are a few seconds slower and lower in budget.

posted by  Low Impedance

What kind of fuel injection and fuel do they use?

posted by  CarEXPERT

ok yall are a bunch of dumbasses. you aperently dont know shit about top fuel dragsters. lets get a few things straight for starters they use V-8s. they obviously don't use ****ing four bangers. if u ever watch nhra race and u look at the engines, u will see four pipes coming oout of each side. now add 4 & 4 and what do u get 8!! now if u look at the engine it also has things like the supercharger dual distributers, and other things. these guys use the biggest engine that they can get. and when they build the engine they use the best of the best. also these guys r proffessionals and they know how to get the most out of an engine.now fuel wise they use meth quote"methane". this stuff also gives u more horsepower alot more. and now these things are pumping out 7 or 8 thousand hp. if they didn't have this much they couldn't do the 1/4 mile in 4 secs. or less at 300+ mph. these cars do weigh alot, so don't really know where u bitches r getting all this info about these cars weighing less. they weigh at least a ton if not more.

so in conclusion, u need at shit load of hpto get something that ****ing big down the 1/4 mile at 300 mph+.

"and also just a lil' reminder, don't talk about shit that u don't know anything about"

thnx for ur time and attention.................................................................< br /> ****ING IMPORTS :banghead: :fu:

posted by  THEcarexpert

First off, shut the fck up, as your posting trash, and you're wasting my oxygen.

Second off, imports are just as acceptable as domestics, so quit your whining, with those bold letters, my respect for you went from...well.....zero to zero.

Whoever said they used four cylinders? We already stated that they use V-8s.

ok....we already established that, so thanks for repeating it. Also, you don't need a lot of horspoer to get something that big down the quarter at 300, you need something with an insane power/weight ratio. Dumbass.

Says the guy that thinks imports are trash.

none the less, welcome to car-forums, and try to introduce yourself next time.

posted by  Godlaus

It's funny how people say such things. Universal statements are usually crap. Nearly always.

posted by  DodgeRida67

ok you are a ****ing assjole just like the rest of them. cut the we shit you nor anyone else confermed how many cylinders there engines have so i dont know where your getting that shit form and it dose take a shitload of hp to get something that big down the track that damn quick. a damn four banger shore as hell couldnt get the job done. no one said that they use four bangers in them thats just the way i talk SO GET USE TO IT and imports are shit you have to do a crap load of work on them to get the same amount of power out of them as you could out of a stock mucle care :fu:
**** IMPORST

posted by  THEcarexpert

<---avatar. look at it. the truth hurts.

posted by  Low Impedance

Put an M3 up against a Corvette, with similar-skilled drivers, and the M3 will spank the Corvette. Not to mention, an M3 is much classier than a Corvette.

posted by  BMWGuru

ok the rx7 with a v-8 thats pretty cool but on the other hand i disagree with the fact that the m3 can beat the corvette. the corvette has 400 hp and the m3 has 290......................... ummm............. let me get some of that shit youre smoking it must be good :screwy:

posted by  THEcarexpert

actually the M3 has 333 horsepower, but anyway, that still can't make up for the 400 horsepower the corvette has. A C6 Corvette can run 0-60 in about 4.3 seconds and the M3 around 4.8, not to mention, the new corvette handles with the same amount of precision as the BMW. So a theoretical race would result in the Corvette winning.

okay, i meant the C5 because the M3 and C5 were engineered closer by year to each other. to compare an engine engineered 5 years ago to one that just came out doesn't make much sense. compare the M5 to the C6 and the M5 will win. but the M3 could still keep up to the C6, if not surpass it.

"...we took the M3 to the test track and measured a 0-to-60 time of 4.5 seconds and a standing quarter-mile of 13.1 seconds at 107 mph...managing 0.87 g on the skidpad and stopping from 70 mph in 161 feet..." -Car and Driver

0-60 time won't make much difference on the track, especially not when it's a difference of .02 seconds. both pulled around .9 g, but the M3 braked a lot better than the Corvette, which would come in handy in a track like Laguna Seca with those tricky turns towards the end.

so anyway, at the point that the C6 and M3 are, i suppose the biggest decider would be the track.

posted by  BMWGuru

and didnt mean the rx7 w/ a v8 though i know many a person who have done it and yes, they be quick. turbo rotary gets from here to there damn quick.

posted by  Low Impedance

what size v-8 dose it have

posted by  THEcarexpert

one person with a 1st gen has a Olds (350?) SB, another with a Chevy 350 2nd gen, and someone figuring out how to fit a 455 into a 1st gen.

posted by  Low Impedance

remember this?

----------------------------

Congratulations, why must we all adapt to your way? Does the world revolve around you?

mitsubishi 3000gt. Stock is faster than a 454. Oh yeah, the 3000 has a tiny engine, also. or how about sheppard's DSM? Runs a 8 second quarter for less than 80 grand.

By imports, I suppose you mean all imports, so how about the enzo? is it shit? No? Well, it destroys anything of yours on the track.

posted by  Godlaus

umm damn! 80 grand! DSM = loaded! well was loaded but now poor after 80 grand.

posted by  Low Impedance

ok for starters i never said that you had to adapt to my way all i said is get used to it no one else seamed to have a problem with it other than you but im sure as hell not going to change my ways for you. second of all when i sya tha imports are shit i mean all those little cars that are front wheel drive with shity four bangers. and what is your idea of not putting much into a car cause the last time i checkt 80 grand was a shitload of money to put in a care. i never said anything about cars like the enzo i just happen to like some of those cars but in a race wich do you think would win an enzo or an me 412? and last but not least you need to quit assuming. you assumed that when i said imports i was talking about any and all imports out there and thats not what i ment. but you know what they say...... assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

posted by  THEcarexpert

um ya about the 3000 gt and the 454 it may be faster than the 454 but thats only one what about the 528 or the 510 or the 521 could it beat those answer me that one

posted by  THEcarexpert

when you one says 'imports', one is using a general term used to classify any car that is imported. learn to properly use the english language.

an Enzo and an ME412 would be pretty close, but in the end, one driver is driving a Chrysler while the other is driving a Ferrari.

posted by  BMWGuru

Let me assure you, others here dislike you as much as myself, and you seem to think that others need to adapt to you. for the last time, the world does not revolve around you. Everyone else didn't seem like they had a problem with it? You think nobody had a problem with you self-proclaiming yourself king of car-forums? *sigh* you 've got to be joking me.

Then, apparently, you don't know anything about imports of any kind. a honda s2000 is rear wheel drive and puts out 190 horsepower from an inline 4, and still matches a 454 quickness-wise. other fourbangers? how about the lotus elise, or the honda civic? they can all be incredibly fast, and are fast. FWD? how about the nsx, skyline, mr2, 240sx, 350Z. Quit generalizing off civics.

you stated the words "Sht Imports", which means all cars except ones from your birth country. Which happens to be the USA, which means all imports, european/asian/african are imports.

hmmm... the me-4-12 was scrapped as a production car, so it's not even a fair comparison. but, my money would be on the enzo.

You clearly said "sht imports" which means all cars not from your nationality are sht. there is no assumptions here, you stated that and now you're backing away from it. there is no assumptions here. just you and your ignorance.

even if the 521 does beat a 3000gt, my respect for the 3000 is infinitly higher, as the 3000 has a 3 liter engine, as opposed to those 6 liter ones you're talking about. Or how about the s2000? it's a 2 liter engine also. I also garantee you that a f430 IMPORT can destroy any classic stock muscle car.

Now quit talking smack

posted by  Godlaus

ok never mind about what i said that the 3000 gt mabey being faster than a 454 i looked at a 3000 gt and with a turbo upgrade and a few other things it only had 222 hp and 200 some ft lbs of torque and then i looked at the 454 it had 500 hp and 525 ft lbs of torque now you me tell how a 3000 is going to beat it. oh i know how you put a 3 yr old behind the wheel of the camaro with the 454 in it. that would be real damn easy cause he dont even know how to drive..................... ok let me get some of that shit your smokeing cause it has to be real f*cking good :smoke: :smoke:

posted by  THEcarexpert

OMFG!!!!!!!!!

HORSEPOWER DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!!!!! ITS THE POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an abrams tank has 5000 horsepower, but it only tops out at 50 mph. leave the HP argument outta this. A yamaha R1 puts out 270hp, and does 0-60 in 2 seconds. Also, the 3000gt hits 320 hp.

*edit* furthermore, if we're going to compare the best muscle car to the best import, let's compare a ferrari enzo to your 512.

posted by  Godlaus

hey buddy whats happening......im THEcarexperts neighbor..i just came over today to see how he was doing .and i just happen to be reading this fourm sent by u......sounds like u don't know much about cars....i'd like to just know how old u are....and don't try to pull any of that lying bullshit....it don't work with me......and another thing..send me some more info on these little cars called enzo ferraris...and if u haven't noticed we r in the 20th century..3.0 liter don't mean anything to me....try taking that 3.0 liter up against a 5.0 boss........lastly if u ever wanna race .....i'll be happy to kick ur ass........im rollin with a black dodge charger with a , 528 hemi, supercharged with two four barrel carbs., two spark plugs per cylinder, and four valves per cylinder, running MSD ignition, dual high comp cams, by crane cams, elderbrock heads, flowmaster exaust and other accessories, and a ford nine inch in the rear.
and mickey thompson street legal slicks.......give me a call on my cell phone if u wanna race the # is 1 302 423 7849.......so i can pick up another set of tires to leave plenty of smoke in ur face........hope u have plenty of hp and torque cause i got 2,125 hp and 1,950 ft lbs of torque see ya at the 1/4 mile .............I OWN U NOOB :thumbs:

posted by  THEcarexpert

-achoo-

oh, sorry, i'm just allergic to bullshit.

posted by  BMWGuru

I seriously can't believe that you just posted that. what a complete bunch of gibberish bullsht. I can't believe you.

I know more than the general public, but I am by no means an expert.

I'm 17, plain and simple. Am I lying?

if you don't know what a ferrari enzo is, then you need to catch up in the automotive world. Also, we're in the 21st century, not the 20th, dumbass. 3.0 liter engine w/250 ft-lb at 50,000 rpms is over 2,000 horsepower. that mean anything to you?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! yeah, I'll take you, let me just go grab a Turbo GSX-R1000. Then, you'll always have to live with the memory that a 17 year old with a crotch rocket beat you by a full 2 seconds. Oh yeah, that bike with the mods costs 15,000.

*sigh* you little fcking moron. anything over 1000 hp is not street legal because of emissions. Secondly, well..........I'm not even going to say it, you've humiliated yourself enough.

times 2 :laughing:

posted by  Godlaus

hahahahaha.......u think ur pretty funny smartass.......y don't u put ur money where ur mouth is.....u niggers on this site talk so much shit about ur little 3.0 liters.......but can u really race at all......thats all i got to say...i ain't wasting my breath for some pitty like u thats just taking up to much space in the world....so why don't u take ur little 3.0 liter and go back to Italy

so thats all u got to say i thought so :clap: :fu:

posted by  THEcarexpert

God, it's because of people like you, that I'm almost disgusted to call myself an american.

3.0 liters can destroy 10 anyday.

just to let you know, Italy makes some amazing supercars, and so does America, and yes, I would take a home and car in italy anyday.

posted by  Godlaus

young man i can't believe u r talking to me with that tone.........i've been racing for like 35 years.....longer then u have ever been alive.......and another thing it doesn't matter if i have 1,000 hp i can drive it on the road any day.......it just has to past emissions test...............and last of all i didn't say lets have a street race...i wanna take this to the track

buddy u need to learn how to read a tacometer.....nothing has 50,000 rpms anyway..........and tell me how the ferrari has over 2,000 hp ......so how is it street legal :banghead:

posted by  THEcarexpert

for starters dumbass theres no such thing as a 10 liter engine.......and besides the bigger the litter the bigger the engine.......i want to see a 3.0 take a 5.0 boss......if your ashamed to call yourself an american why dont you do us all a favor and leave the country....... NOW ive been around cars all my life and know more that the genral public and a hell of alot more than you bitch :cussing: :fu: :banghead:

posted by  THEcarexpert

horsepower dose matter power to weight ratio matters to but you could have perfect power to wieght ratio but if you only have 100 hp all your going to take is a stock scion. now before you go assuming that im saying that your car only has 100 hp well im not that was just an example so

HORSE POWER DOSE MATTER BITCH

posted by  THEcarexpert

carexpert: what is the fastest elapse time for top fuel cars?? Is there a car that can do it in 3.8 secs? Would it be going like 400mph?

posted by  CarEXPERT

top fule dragsters can do on average 4 seconds i havent herd of 400 mph but they do go over 300

posted by  THEcarexpert

Whats the fastest time you hear. My friend said one went 3.8 but I think thats impossible what do you think?

posted by  CarEXPERT

i cant remember any exact times right now.......... it would be very uncomon for a top fule dragster to go 3.8 in the 1/4 mile but it is possible if you have zero problems the whole way with the wind behind you and a very strong running engine

posted by  THEcarexpert

Do they burnout their big slicks to warm it up for traction? How does it work and can you do that on a regular car to get you traction.
Do slicks give you more traction when there is huge torque and sticky tires give you good handling and cornoring?

Carexpert: when the air/fuel ratio is 14.7 does that mean that all the oxygen and fuel burn and there is nothing left afther the combustion?

posted by  CarEXPERT

yes they do burnouts to heat up there tires to make them "sticky" so that they will "stick" to the track it helps with the ttrackion.........you can do that on a regular car if you have street legal slicks on or if you have drag slicks on at the track it wont really work with normal tires.....im not sure if they will give you better cornering or not but they do hel with speed because the less friction you have the faster you can go and they better gas milage you will get if your running on the road.....the way it works is the warmer the tire is the better it will stick to the pavement.if you ever take a hot or warm piece of rubber you will notice that it feels a little sticky thats how it gives you more tracktion......now if you were to have wide slicks on the back of your car and smaller tires on the front you could take me on the strait aways but not in the corners.....if you were to have smaller slicks the whole way around sort of like the ones they use in nascar you would be good in the turns and on the strait aways byt that would only be after you got all four heated up and you can only do this by driving on them..... now i dont know if slicks would improve your handling over regular tires if you want to run them on the road but it would definitly be a good idea on the track..........now for the fule ratio deal.........there will always be some tipe of exaust no matter what when you burn any amount of fule

posted by  THEcarexpert

ok so you want to compare motorcycles to cars than lets compare this the dodge tomahawk vs just about any car thats out there......500 hp 400+ mph beat that bitch :fu: another thing its enzo ferrari not ferrari enzo, get it strait, and were are you getting 512 from there is no such thing.........yeah the 3000 gt HITS 270 HP thats after a few mods......if you really want to prove your point give me a web site that has a 3000 gt with 500+ hp :tard: :asshake:

posted by  THEcarexpert

dude whats your obsession with hp? do you know anytning about cars or are an idiot who thinks hp = speed. and you shouldn't pick the little things when the big picture is about to fall on your head. don't **** with ppl when you have no real argument. learn to compare parralels and quit bitching with that tone.

posted by  choke

No. It's the Ferrari Enzo Ferrari, aka "The Ferrari Enzo". :thumbs:

posted by  BMWGuru

ok f*cker you obviesly dont read very well earlyer i agreed with you that a power to wieght ratio dose matter.....but thats not all that matters not only do you have to have good power to wieght ratio and good hp you also have to have tourque cuz with ou that you dont have jack shit......you can all the hp in the world and the best power to weight ratio in the world but if you dont have good tourque your screwd.........and yes i do know alot more about cars than you.........like i said ive been around cars for more than 35 years

posted by  THEcarexpert

Well, this proves you/your neingbor are full of utter bullsh*t. Your'e nowhere near as old as you say oyu are, or IF you are, you're retarded. I don't know of ANYONE over 25 that types in chatroom shorthand on a message board. How much harder is it to type "you" instead of "u" or "are" instead of "r"? Typos are one thing, as those of us who really work with cars may not be the best typists in the world, but youre language and message board skills are those of a 14 year old. That and your insulting language towards people here as though they are all "niggers" with "little 3.0 liters." There are a few of us old enough to be your father, and have been buiulding and racing cars for the last 25+ years.

I've built and owned numerous V8 domestic cars, from modded trans Ams, to a 454 powered '66 Chevelle, to a 460 powered Fox Mustang, as well as my V8 RX7, and a ton of modded road racing imports (Datsun 240Z to Mazda RX3s and RX7s, to traditional sports cars from England and Italy). I can tell BS from a mile away, and you've unloaded the largest pile that this site has yet seen (and that's saying something).

Now get a clue, or get the f*ck out.

posted by  ChrisV

Some f*cking expert. Enzo Ferrari was the MAN who created the company. The Ferrari Enzo is the current top model, that commemorates him.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ferrari+enzo

Look it up, assclown.

In fact, this might be an interesting diversion for the week, seeing just how little you do know. You've made some pretty retarded comments, and I look forward to more insulting, inflammatory, and just plain incorrect statments from you in the future.

posted by  ChrisV

You look foward to that? :ohcrap:

posted by  DodgeRida67

While I agree with your assesment of this idiot, you need to make sure you fight idiocy with facts, not more incorrect statements. There is no limit to street legal horsepower. I already know someone with a street legal 1200 hp Supra that does run 8s (Marko's car). I've seen numerous domestic musclecars with over 100 hp, as well. It's easier with them as if the car is older than 14 years, in most places there are no emissions rules for them. And in the places that DO have emissions rules, any car older than 1969 is exempt. But in some states (like Washington State, where I lived for 35 years) I could take a brand new Mustang and bolt in a 1968 SOHC 427 and no emissions equipment, and it would in fact be street legal. That's how I built my V8 RX7 with the '74 Ford 302, headers, dual echaust and a carb, in an '86 RX7 body.

In fact, this street legal (as is evidenced by the licence plates) Lincoln runs 7 second quarter miles on a 1500 hp big block Ford...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cvetters3/Nats.jpg

Now, about this guy's "supposed" 2000+ hp supercharged black Charger, I think he's been watching TF&TF too many times. It's become the equivalent of the "Eleanor" Shelby GT500 in the online lier's arsenals.

posted by  ChrisV

It's something to do while inbetween meetings at work.

posted by  ChrisV

Hmmm.... I just remember down in california, my uncle, whos a mechanic, said that pretty much anything over 1000 hp is not street legal, as you run into emissions problems. Was generalizing, my bad.

*sigh* it was a concept car. There are more than 5 gixers out there. I'm sure suzuki could come out with something way more powerful if they wanted to, but to what avail? To impress people like you? In case you haven't noticed yet, you're not worth it.

Nooooooo.... A car with 50 horsepower that weighs 1 pound will destroy any muscle car out there. Dumbass.

Of course there' s no such thing as a 10 liter, I was making an example that liters don't matter. you fcking moron. I've seen rocks smarter than you. I said I'm ALMOST ashamed to call myself an american. Other people validate the patriotism that is america (ex. those that went into the twin towers regardless of their own safety to help those who couldn't help themselves.)

A weasel on LSD knows mre aout cars than you.

*ediot* gota go to calss, will finish post later (I wanna rip this guy a new one.)

posted by  Godlaus

first off.... here, have some factory spec information and educate urself...

http://www.engine-power.com/mitsubishi/3000gt_vr4.html

and thats wat the factory claims the car has...

second off..... 500+ hp 3kgt....

http://www.team3s.com/ForrestVR4.htm

heres another one with dyno sheets and thourough explanations of the mods..

http://www.rtec.ch/3s_dyno.html

if thats not enough, u can check on the import tuner mag and look for the orange/black 3000gt shown there which has recently started to become very popular.

and finally..... 400mph+???? wat kinds of drugs do the doctors make u take??? the Enzo is fast, no doubt about it.... but not 400mph fast. maybe 400 Kph fast (one of u europeans can tell me how to do conversions from mph to kph, i cant remember atm), but certainly not MPH.

posted by  Inygknok

how bout you shut the f*ck up bitch..... for starters i can type however the hell i feel like weather 14 or 99 it dosnt matter.....mabey typing u instead of you is just they way i feel like typing so now you just met someone over 25 that types like that....... every thing that U just typed dosnt mean one thing to me.......... you guys keep saying that a hate imports all together and i never said that infact i stated very clearly that the imports i dont like are the ones like the honda civic that has a little four banger and is front wheel drive... i do happen to like things like the ferrari lambergigni and others of that type.......... So how bout you get a clue or get the **** out bitch

posted by  THEcarexpert

It's actually the Lamborghini.....

posted by  Inygknok

Well, wasn't THAT mature of you.

What, you think typing in larger fonts make you more intimidating? What a f*cking joke.

Apparently since you can't argue from facts, you feel like getting insulting. You've proven your intelligence level is somewhere lower than ratsh*t. And your maturity level is even lower.

Come back to us when you get past puberty. Until then, this is for you:

http://www.ls1camaro.net/gallery/gallery/humor/assclown.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

ok so you proved the point that a 3000 gt with decent mods can reach 500+ hp...........but there is no way in hell that a stock 3000 gt could beat a stock 454 heres a link to prove it
http://proformanceunlimited.com/chevy.html

ok i made a mistake with the tomahawk it gose 300+ mph

posted by  THEcarexpert

ok dumb f*ck i only watched 2f 2f twice so no i havent wached it to much.........i dont care if you dont believe me its not my loss

posted by  THEcarexpert

ok dumb **** you apperently dont know much about the dodge tomahawk......it is no longer a concept it is going to be produced.....and accually liters dose matter cause the bigger the litter the bigger the engine....and again hp dose matter because 50 hp isnt going to get a 1000 lb car down the track very fast.......but no it isnt all hp (as i keep saying) it is also torque that matters cause that little one pound car wont get to far with only 5 ft lbs of torque
YOU F*CKING BUMBASS

posted by  THEcarexpert

Ask me if I care about your loss. You still havne't proven anything that lives up to your username. And apparently your'e incapable of being anythign but an ignroant asshole. You want these guys here to agree with your statments, and prove that you're right. If you didn't, you wouldn't BE here. But so far, all you've proven is that you're a complete dick with no real knowlege of cars.

We both know it, which is why all you want to do is use giant fonts to fling insults. Wow. Like I'm really threatened.

:screwy:

posted by  ChrisV

if you ask me your the ignorant asshole ive agreed to some of the things that you guys have said and addmited that i was rong once or twice.....i think that the whole lot of you are just to damn hard headed and to damn proud to admit that you a wrong about anythig or that any body other than you knows anything about cars other than you..... you guys are the ones that are complete dicks you have no respect for anyone other than your selves.... if i didnt know anything about cars i wouldnt evan be on here i wouldnt give a damn one way or another. you guys are just a bunch of pig headed self rightouse assholes and thats all there is to it :fu: :cussing: :smoke: :banghead:

posted by  THEcarexpert

I don't recall asking you. Is anything I've said about cars here "ignorant?" Nope. You've spent most of the time yelling in huge fonts. Sorry, that's not admitting anything.

Show me where I was wrong here. What have I said that I haven't admitted I was wrong? if you're going to respond, you need to know what you're talking about, and you haven't proven you do yet.

You were insutling from your first post! You never started out nice and knowledgeble and then got attacked, you were a complete ass from the very start. Look back at the huge goddamn fonts! How the f*ck do you think people would react to you?

Again, you havne't proven you DO know anything, nor have you contributed materially to ANY thread, this one included. How delusional ARE you?

Look around the site! Take a stab at participating without the attitude in a real thread, without using bullsh*t. I don't think you're capable of it.

posted by  ChrisV

first mistake u did.... u never stated in wat both cars would be competing, so there is no way of mentioning which car would win since we dont even know wat they are competing in. autox? time trials? circuit? streets? gas mileage? commodity? maintainance?

u cant claim that the car ur whining about will win if u dont even state wat it would win at.

second, not once have u even shown some evidence of the 300+ mph u claim it can achieve.

third, the fastest stock car in the world, thats actually street legal and ever turned into official production, is currently the Buggatti Veyron with an estimated 248mph and maybe a little more (no official numbers produced yet). And thats in stock form (i envy the filthy bastard that has the $$$ to even increase the performance on such a vehicle).

another car that is claimed to be as fast, and maybe faster, is the sledgehammer corvette made by callaway. im not sure of its exact specs and i believe that there is still a discussion about wether or not this car is actually a production model car or not. still, it could reach speeds above of 250mph.

another example, this time a swedish import. koenigsegg CC with numbers around the 242mph and maybe a bit more. V8 quad cam supercharged engine from the factory (actual production model). it even brings the luxury (or simple options) many other top model cars such as the Enzo and the McLaren dont have (such as ABS for starters).

odd how not one of these cars, as great as they are, dont reach even close to the 300mph zone. wat makes u think ur car can do this when they have even more power, the aerodynamics, and the gears to reach insane speeds?

u seriously are full of shit.....

posted by  Inygknok

well than just ask carEXPERT i gave him valuable information last night or atleast it was valuable to him....he seems to not have any problem with me.....ever since i got on here and started sending stuff all you guys have done is yelld at telling me im stupid and dont know shit so how do you expect me to react to you guys..... ok mabey i was a bit rough coming in but you nor anyone else helped the matter all youve done is throw gas on the fire....... im not trying to prove anything any more because nomatter what i say none of you ass holes listen all you think of is negative things to say you have nothing possitive to say and so neither do i.... whats with the big fonts, well its just the way i react to bullshit from people like you........all that your capable of is f*cking around and critsizeing people.....i yes i have agreed with things that have been posted here i may not have agreed with you but thats cuz all your doing is talking bullshit i agreed that the 3000 gt can be a very descent car i also agreed that not all imports are shit ect. ect. i aslo addmited that i was wrong when i thought that the 3000 gt could only get a max of 300 hp and i also addmited that i had made a mistake when i said that the tomahawk gose 400+ mph and i even corected myself.......well i think that you and your ways are just f*cking hopeless.... so have fun being an ignorant stupid nigger.... im through with you and all these other assholes.... im going back to dodge forum were everbodys opinion and ideas count regardless of who you are.........peace out nigger :fu:

posted by  THEcarexpert

umm carEXPERT is ALWAYS in need of information.

posted by  Low Impedance

ok i think your a little confusd here let me make myself clear the vehicale that i said could go 300+ mph was the dodge tomahawk its not a car but a motorcycle i know its totally off topic but i put it in there for the sake of argument and no it is not street legal but yes they will produce a few of them....now with the 454 vs stock 3000gt i was talking about beating it in a darg....so no im not full ou shit you were just confused.....you see thats were you guys go wrong you see something that dosnt make sence to you and you auto maticly think that the person that wrote it is a dumb **** or full of shit....just one other thing, the tomahawk can reach those speeds because it is a motor cycle with a viper v-10 so it is possible.....so in the future if somthing dosnt make sense ask the person questions instead of telling them there stupid because even though it may not make sense to you in your "laguage" it may make sense to them in theres :thumbs:

posted by  THEcarexpert

You are incredibly stupid. I almost disgusted to call myself a human after seeing this slew of sht coming out of that hole in your face. You are insanely stupid. You bring new meaning to the term stupid. I've seen 1 day old chinese women speak better english than you. I've seen piles of sht make more cohernent sentances than you. I've seen pieces of lint score higher on IQ test than you. You bring a whole new meaning to the word stupid. You know what? the word stupid is too good of a word to apply to you. You need a new word to describe these meaningless syllables that are trashig these boards. You will now be knows as crazy insane stupid stupid. Even that string of words is to much for you. You are incredibly insanely stupidly silly stupid. You drag the world's average IQ down from 100 to about 30. You are stealing my IQ points, simply because I read your posts. I'm sure that you suck the brain power of those around you when you go out and walk on a sidewalk in the city. You are increibly stupid. Weasels on LSD know more about cars than you. Mice on Cocaine, absolute, weed, and ecstacy at the same time know more about cars than you. YOU ARE INCREDIBLY F*CKING STUPID. Rocks cause less damage to cars than you. Somewhere out there, a car engineer is loading a gun to kill himself, because you're abusing the title of carexpert. Jesus F*cking Christ. I can't believe you. I need to stop, just ranting at you is dragging my intelligence down. YOU ARE THE NEW MEANING OF INCREDIBLY F*CKING STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, that's it, I'm done.

posted by  Godlaus

Carexpert, I thought nascar uses soft tires not slicks. I dont believe your stupid ass had 35years of working with cars. DOnt solf tires are for cornoring and turning like for nascar and slicks are for drag racing?

posted by  CarEXPERT

ok i tried to be nice to but i guess it was a mistake so let me tell your stupid ass somthing.....slicks get there name from the fact that they are a smooth surface with no tred pattern....if you look at drag tires they have a smooth surface, if you look at the tires that nascar runs they also have a smooth surface therefore they are slicks....the nhra uses drag slicks and nascar uses racing slicks..... the tires that nascar uses are made of a softer compound thats were your getting the softer tire......you here them talking about the softer tire on tv and you automaticly think that they are useing a regarlar tire that is softer but thats not the case they use slicks.......and next time if somthing dosent sound right dont go calling someone a stupid ass instead just ask about it chances are the person just made a mistake.......all your doing is acting like a little kid when you act like that and its stupid :banghead:

posted by  THEcarexpert

and you are the new meaning to imature and incredibly childish ive seen little kids behave better than you guys.....you flip out over some of the dumest things.....i know a five year old that behaves better thatn you guys
grow up for once, god you act like my sisters when they were little and immature and thats something to be said......you espesully remind me of one of my sisters when she was going through pubrity....she had a hissy fit over the stupiest things

posted by  THEcarexpert

You know, you talk about other people's maturity levels, when your first post in the thread, and pretty much first post on the site went like this:

And you went downhill from there. Even after you supposedly became your older "neighbor" the typing style, insulting, and all around attitude was identical. Which either makes the two of you related or one person who's lying about who they are.

What sort of response did you think you'd get? Kissing your feet? You don't actually know anyone here, but you started out insulting everyone. OTOH, from every post you've made, there has been nothing that would indicate anyone here should respect you in any way, shape or form. And every time it's pointed out, you simply come back with more insults. And then have the nerve to think you can berate someone else for their maturity.

Grow up or get lost.

posted by  ChrisV

Hmmmm..... you clearly think that all imports are like civis. You even stated that. you hate imports that have four bangers that are FWD. your generalizing that civics represent all imports. then you claim that I'm generalizing, because I don't know you. Front page news, bro. WE ARE NOT IN YOUR BRAIN. we don't know what you're thinking, and you continue to think that we should. You want us to stop acting 'immature'? (which is your word that describes us telling you the truth). then do one of the following options;

1. Leave. Nobody's making you stay.
2. Apologize, and start posting something else besides trash.
3. Keep being yourself (we won't stop being 'immature' if you choose this option)

All past problems will be forgotten, just apologize and start posting normally.

posted by  Godlaus

ok i swear all of are low or just dont know how to read......the reason i started my first post the way i did is because it was so embarising and so dumb that you all were arguing like you were about the origanal topic and nobofy could agree on any specific thing so i started out as if i was talking to a bunch of idiots.......but hten not to mention that after a little i addmited that i had started out a little to strong but you guys obviesly either didnt give a damn or didnt read it at all......i tried to be nice after ui stated that but i guess people like you dont give a shit because you guys go right on critisizing and yelling at me no matter what i do and i dont think that shows any leval of maturity on your part what so ever.....no i dont know anyone here and i probably never will but that dosnt give you any athority to go on insulting and putting other people down........ive read stuff that you and godlause have posted on here in different threads and it seams that you two are of the opinon that you are right and everyone else is wrong....im not saying that the stuff you put on here cant be helpful to other people but the way you go about isnt right....it seems that in just about every post i read your are calling someone stupid or your telling them that they dont know jack shit which isnt right....no i didnt become my neighbor he acculy was over here and that was him that was typing some of the stuff. hes a younger guy in his 20s so how do you expect him to react to people like you......now you ask why anyone should respect me, well lets see at least i try to give people a second chace and atleast i try to be nice to people unlike you.....right now i have 0 respect for you all you do is put people down you never admit when you make a mistake and you act as if you know every thing...ill addmit it right now that i dont know everything we all learn as time gose on, the learing proses never stops and i think you need to realize things like that and act a little more your age

posted by  THEcarexpert

*sigh* now you;re repeating yourself. choose one of my 3 options up above. Then we'll quit, plain and simple. i beleive it was a a shakespeare play that said, "if we have offended, all will be amended". Either apologize, or go to the 'Dodge' forum you told us all about earlier.

Secondly, I've never read ChrisV's posts to be wrong, And I am wrong on occasion, but I never flame people who don't deserve to be flamed.

posted by  Godlaus

is it me, or does it seem that carexpert and THEcarexpert are the same person? it seems like he uses carexpert to ask a question he knows, and then answers it with THEcarexpert to make himself look smarter.

posted by  BMWGuru

Nah, carexpert already did that once (dodgehater) and got in really big trouble for it. He wouldn't do it again, besides, any moderator can see the IP address of a poster. PM a mod if you're really curious.

posted by  Godlaus

oh im really sorry abiout all the stuff i have said...........u are righ..i don't know shit i am just a little 8 year old trying to follow my dream.i wanted to become a race car driver.but all the things that u have said to me just make me wanna shoot myself...thnx alot i thoought u guys were my frends...and plus both of my parents passed away and my father tried to teach me as much as he could before he passed away

could u just tell me one thing..........what is better a 528, 521, or 454.
thnx i will always be greatful to u
in jesus name amen

posted by  THEcarexpert

i think hp does matter my daddy said so...........now if u want to take it up with my father go right ahead my daddy is Cruz Pedregon

posted by  racecardriver

that's a good boy, explaining yourself like that. Although, I think you're pulling a pity card, I'll still forgive you. All past problems are forgotten (by me anyway)

I dunno about the engine problem, depends on what you mean by 'better'. Try posting it in the classic car section, and someone can help you out. :thumbs:

I just explained why horsepower doesn't really matter, and you still think I'm wrong? Oh well, think whatever you want.

posted by  Godlaus

last time i checked my ass was still on my backside..........do u have personal problems........its alright to admit that u r gay.....u should team up with Jeff Gordon....u guys would rule

posted by  racecardriver

*sigh* THEcarexpert, quit it. Your writing and this guy's are the same. Drop the act, you're starting to piss me off again, and I just forgave you too. I can't believe you just did that.

Any Moderator = can you confirm that these two usernames are the same, please?

posted by  Godlaus

accualy no i am not the same person....i still think hp matters but that THEcarexpert guy is crazy.....my daddy said that people like that go to jail

posted by  racecardriver

My suggestion to you is to drop the gig now, before a mod confirms those two usernames are coming from the same IP.

posted by  Godlaus

please dont get mad at me i am not the same person i dont know who that person is :oops: pleassssss

posted by  THEcarexpert

you're joking, right? I'm on right now, too, smartass. racecardriver just now signs off, and THE carexpert signs on? I don't think so. Now drop the gig.

posted by  Godlaus

:thumbs: I knew they were slicks, but why then do they always have to change tires?

posted by  CarEXPERT

so u r saying that if i had a car with 200 ft lbs of torque with no hp could beat a car with 300 hp with 200 ft lbs of torque? :ohcrap:

posted by  racecardriver

first of all buddy.............u need to chill out.........i don't even know this carexpert guy.........why do u have to go tell on somebody anyway.just ignore him :doh:

posted by  racecardriver

excuse me i'd like to know what a mod is............what does this thing do?

posted by  racecardriver

so what did this mod thing say cause im a bit confused :ohcrap:

posted by  racecardriver

AHHAHAHH Racecardriver is thecarexpert!! That lil kid thinks were so stupid.

JUST ONE MORE THING GODAUS, I WAS NEVERRRRR DODGEHATER! I WOULNT LIE TO YOU ANYMORE YOU KNOW THAT!

AND IM NOT THECAREXPERT EITHER!

posted by  CarEXPERT

AHAHAHAHAHAHA im not THEcarexpert either AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
****ING IDIOTS :fu: :fu:

posted by  racecardriver

You are EXACTLY like him using the 2 :fu: :fu:
This guys IQ is 0
and you also said you wanted to be a race car driver on theCAREXPERT and then you changed it to racecardriver.

posted by  CarEXPERT

who cares.........if i use the same shit as him..........u and all the other dickheads on this forum act the same way............like a big asshole........whos ur ****ing master why don't u go worship him.....i tried to come on this site and be nice.....but everyone on here has a smart remark to say to us "new" ppl..............even if thecarexpert was me as u guys say so..wheres the proof at.i'd like to this this shit

well i u numbnuts ain't got nothing else to say i am going to leave for now
:umh: :umh:

posted by  racecardriver

i believe that the general feeling here is that you (theCARecpert, aka racecardriver, aka cuntrag) are not welcome to do anything except yell and scream your rascist ass at the monitor because honestly :mrgreen: no one wants you here and no one wants to listen to your rants. either stfu and learn something or get the flying **** outta here

posted by  choke

this is how i feel on the suject:

you should **** ***** ***** ******** ****ing and then **** **** **** ****ing **** jackass.

posted by  Low Impedance

there are acouple af reasons why they have to change there tires so often...one is because they are made of a softer compound than regular so therfore after runing, lets say 80 laps, they where down tread alot faster than a regular tire......second reason is because when they get into a wreck they often "flat spot" there tires so theye change them for that reason

posted by  THEcarexpert

ok you look at the way you talk and act ussing four letter words every other sentence and then you are going to be bold enough to have a quote from the bible on your posts!!!!..........get off the weed man

posted by  THEcarexpert

im not confused, but its impossible to determine anything when u talk about beating cars without determining in wat type of competition we are even throwing the cars in. u seriously are a dumbshit simply cuz of all the half assed comments u have thrown across the entire thread. all u can come up with are big engined cars n claiming there is no way any smaller engine can beat them.

my father in law has a Viper himself, as i have mentioned before, and my big ex-boss as well, so i know wat the car is capable of and wat its not. many smaller engines nowadays are starting to be able to keep up with it. the viper is in fact faster than most in the 1/4 mile, but not than all. stock viper vs stock jap imports? none yet that are actual production cars can beat the viper in the 1/4 in stock trim, but thats pretty much the only thing the viper will beat them at..... well, that and weight, and probably cost and insurance rates. not to mention number of cylinders and displacement (the viper's engine is probably one of the largest ever produced). now, if drag with big engines is all u can think about, then u are pretty ignorant then. as chrisv has mentioned, many small engined cars are making fast times without forced induction in the pro leagues. 2jz-gte engines are proving themselves extremely powerfull and resiliant when modified for these events so well that even vipers fall to them. in fact, last year's D1 competition had a small 4-AGE turbo corolla hatchback (home made without sponsors) vs the MOPAR SRT-10 in the finals. the corolla did so damn good they had to repeat the whole race n the Viper barely won, but we know who the real winner was. a little turbo 4-banger without any back-up vs an 8.3L backed with millions of $$$ and a huge crew worthy of keeping a whole lot of cars.

this is why we all think ur an idiot. that and many other reasons that have been mentioned time and time again.

posted by  Inygknok

Noooooooo..

I stated a abrams tank puts out 5000 gp and as much torque. But it doesn't go fast nor is it quick.

Further example;

A 454 chevelle puts out 450 hp and 500 pounds of torque.

A lotus elise puts out 190 hp and 150 foot pounds.

A elise does 0-60 a full second quicker than the chevelle. I wonder why?

HORSEPOWER DOES NOT MATTER!

It's the power/weight ratio and how (well) the power is put to the ground.
-----------------------------------------------
Drop the gig now, thecarexpert/racecardriver. I was on when you were on. I saw racecardriver sign off and thecarexpert sign on, and then racercardriver sign back on when thecarexpert signed off. THOSE TWO USERNAMES ARE THE SAME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now drop the gig.

posted by  Godlaus

ok ppl, education time.

if there is no torque, then there is no HP. how so? horsepower is actually just some.... IN SIMPLE TERMS, imaginary number gotten by dividing RPMs by torque..... or something like that (im in a hurry, i cant bother remembering right now the specifics), but close enough. so stop worrying about horsepower so much ppl, its torque that actually does matter.

if my hungry brain remembers atm correctly, torque helps push the car, while horsepower helps it keep pulling along. like a bycycle, torque is how much strength u use to push it at first, while HP is wat u do to keep it going at the higher speeds (ill let chrisv explain it in details, he will do a better job at it.).

posted by  Inygknok

please i would like to see the proof that we two r the same person...cause i think u guys are a bunch of bullshiters and need to pull your heads out of your asses :thumbs:

posted by  racecardriver

hehehe...HEY! no man. Reggae on the River! by the way, that not a wuote from the bible, only the last line is. its from pulp fiction man, maybe you should go out and watch some movies. Ezekiel 25:17 so roll that up in your bible and smoke it.

posted by  choke

I have a feeling that everyone that posted on this thread is fairly clueless about hp, torque, gearing, and engines in general. Horespower is the rate at which work is being done, torque is the amount of work being done. You guys will probably not understand that. And both horsepower and torque have an effect on acceleration and speed. As far as the title of the thread, the reason I read all this BS, top fuel dragsters run V-8's on nitromethane not methane at around 8000 horsepower they put the power to the differential through a series of clutches that are engaged in different stages to regulate the ammount of power going through the drivetrain and to keep the rear tires from breaking loose they use completely custom engines that use solid blocks they are supercharged running up to 60 pounds of manifold pressure , which you guys will probably understand as "boost", and they dont run at full power during burnouts they only get full fuel right before launching they run fuel injection by way of massive elecric pumps and giant fuel injectors. And by the way yes there are such things as 10 liter motors. if there is anything I missed just ask me

posted by  shulle3

You might want to rethink that.

posted by  ChrisV

the first thing that i have to sasy is Godlaus you must be pretty stuoid to have believed that little "confesion" that i made up......it was so pathetic and the problem is you reacted just the way iexpected you to.........you bit that bait like a big old stupid bass gose after an artificul lure.......to tell you the truth i laphed my ass off when i saw your reply....and if you knew anything about muscle cars and american made engines you would know that the 528 is the best out of the three engines that i gave to choose from.....dose hemi ring a bell cause thats what it is, a 528 ci hemi, besides you told me that i should take it to the muscle car section of this forum......so this is the conclusion that i have come to.....you guys dont know much about american muscle or how to tune them to intimidate just about any import at the light, all you guys really mess with is imports and thats all you can really talk about so im going to leave you guys to argue among yourselves and im going to go back to talck with my brothers from the dodge world........so peace out yall

posted by  THEcarexpert

ok i said i was going leave but i saw this and had to respond.....the first thing i want to say is finnaly theres someone out there that speaks my language.....i havent found anything wrong with this post except for were you said that there are 10 liter engines.....so if there are acculy 10 liter engines could you give me a refrence online where i can acculy see proof that there are 10 liter engines, if you know what i mean.........the second thing i want to say is every thing that you just said is was i wanted to say but im not that good at explaining things in righting so thanks for clearing up the whole issue with the horse power thing......i knew that they use nitormethane but i couldnt think of the correct name for it so i just said methane so yeah i was wrong there.......now dont mean to say this in a retarded way but, thanks man your a life saver you said everthing i was trying to say but in a lot clearer way so, thanks (you probably wont hear this from anyone else)

posted by  THEcarexpert

the problem is that you thought it was appropriate at all to make things up. Or to act the way you did. That's not the behavior of someone who deserves respect, or respectful responses. Whyis it so important to you to look like an immature jackass? Seriously?

Yeah, a new Mopar crate engine. But you/your neigbor doesn't have one, your'e just spouting off about it because you read about it somewhere. It's a $16,000 engine from Chrysler. It had BETTER be powerful.

Sorry, but again, you're wrong. I've owned and built old Mopars, including cars with early Hemis (I had a built up DeSoto 331 Hemi in my '56 Dodge Coronet, and I built up a '71 Charger drag car). I've had numerous classic Mustangs, both street cars and race cars. My second race car wasa '71 Torino with a built 429CJ. I've built 460 powered Fox Mustangs. I had a built small block powered '71 Pontiac Ventura drag car and put a 454 crate engine in a '66 Chevelle, and built a pro street Chevy Luv with a crate 502. My Pontiac Grand lemas had the 350 swapped out for a 455. I've also put domestic V8s in imports, like my 400 hp 5 liter powered RX7. yes, I've ALSO playes with a lot of classic imports from Japan and Europe. I'm not a blind, single marque loving retard like some.

I suggest you take your assumptions and GTFO, as we don't need your immaturity here.

posted by  ChrisV

**** you bitch

posted by  THEcarexpert

I'm pretty stupid to take up your apology? I gave you a chance, and I had no reason to believe otherwise that you were lying. You stupid DumbF*ck. I figured you were at least smart enough to know when to drop it, and stop being a smartass, but apparently I was wrong. Figuring out stupidity like yours is beyond anyhting of our comprehension.

Congratulations, my dad's toyota camry has a hemi in it.

Do you seriously think I speak for everyone on these boards? Dumbass.

Buh-Bye, and oh yeah, when you come back and post again, I'm going to throw this back into your face.

Is that all you have to say when you're confronted by the facts that you're wrong?

posted by  Godlaus

no thats all i have to say to bullshit
i think racecardriver is right yall need to pull your heads out of your asses (and no i am not him cause i know your going to say that)

posted by  THEcarexpert

And this was meant to make you look, what.. more intelligent? More threatening? Have you not yet figured out that you can't BE threatening on a message board? You only look stupid. Apparently you like looking stupid. Why?

Why do you think it's appropriate to behave the way you do? What has made this a valuable goal in your life?

Why can't you respond even SLIGHTLY intelligently or mature?

:screwy:

posted by  ChrisV

Is this all you have to say? rememeber this?

Now leave, you have zero respect from anybody on this forum.

posted by  Godlaus

torque is the twisting force produced by the engine and hp is a measure of work done by the engine, I know what torque does but what does horsepower do? Does hp make the RPMs go faster when the RPMs already fast? Torque moves the crank but horsepower does what??
Isnt torque everything and the most important to go faster cuz the more torque you have, the horspower function would be more. Hp=torque x rpm/ 5250. So Horsepower is really noting it seems! A higher torque at a given RPM would make the horsepower more right?
Is hp measured in a minute of operating and torque is measured instantly with no time?
Someone(ChrisV) please explain this to me.. :ohcrap:

posted by  CarEXPERT

sigh........ horsepower could even be referred to as the energy the engine produces.... since in other countries horsepower is actually measured in electrical terms (i believe kW is the correct one....) while Torque is simply the Force the engine produces (twisting force to be exact).

posted by  Inygknok

Does the more horsepower and torque you have, the more you lose through the drivetrain or axles? Like a RSX S would have 200hp at crank and 180 at wheel so thats 10% lost. So would a 1000 hp car have 900 to the wheels?

posted by  CarEXPERT

its not really that the more power u have, the more power u lose to the wheels..... its that the percentage loss really doesnt change much.... i believe sometimes a car's lost power percentage can increase or decrease depending on how u set it and such.

posted by  Inygknok

Not quite a kw. 746 Watts = 1 HP.

posted by  DodgeRida67

exactly. the conversions are never equally perfect in aspect of numbers.

0.746 kW = 746 W = 1 HP

posted by  Inygknok

If horsepower is work then work=force x distance. And in a cylinder, work=piston area x pressure of explosion x stroke. What I dont get is isn't that torque? I want to know what is the difference between hp and torque in terms of engine power. Is hp like torque but at a higher RPM? So if you have a lot of torque at low RPM the engine spins really faster at low, so when you go to high RPM where hp is higher, then is hp torque at high rpm? Damn im really confused

posted by  CarEXPERT

argh, horsepower IS NOT work..... work would be related to torque, n then torque x RPMS = HP

posted by  Inygknok

* One dragster's 500-inch Hemi makes more horsepower then the first 8 rows at Daytona
* Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1 1/2 gallons of nitro per second, the same rate of fuel consumption as a fully loaded 747 but with 4 times the energy volume.
* The supercharger takes more power to drive than a stock hemi makes.
* Even with nearly 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into nearly-solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock.
* Dual magnetos apply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.
* At stoichiometric (exact) 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture (for nitro), the flame front of nitromethane measures 7050 degrees F.
* Nitromethane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.
* Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After 1/2 way, the engine is dieseling from compression-plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting off its fuel flow.
* If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in those cylinders and then explodes with a force that can blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or blow the block in half.
* Dragsters twist the crank (torsionally) so far (20 degrees in the big end of the track) that sometimes cam lobes are ground offset from front to rear to re-phase the valve timing somewhere closer to synchronization with the pistons.
* To exceed 300mph in 4.5 seconds dragsters must accelerate at an average of over 4G's. But in reaching 200 mph well before 1/2 track, launch acceleration is closer to 8G's.
* If all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs $1000.00 per second.
* Dragsters reach over 300 miles per hour before you have read this sentence.
John force runs 5 percylinder, 2 inside the valve cover. They are mechanical though as electronic engine controlls are not permitted.

Well, and that all the HP #'s are estimates, as there isn't really a dyno that can measure them

True, they heva to estimate the near 8000HP as no dynos will read 1/2 of that figure.A nitro burning V-8 expends 400 of it's 7000 hp just to drive the supercharger. The equivalent of a Corvette Z06 engine just to spin the blower.
-At "the hit", with the car's clutch at maximum slippage, 4500 of those horses will be dissipated as heat alone.
-It takes 30 hp just to spin each fuel pump, with each pump flowing as much as 1.2 gallons per second at 530 psi.
-For every 15 seconds a funny car idles, the fuel load dwindles by a gallon at the nose. Idle too long and you'll throw weight shift out of whack.
-One brief burnout, followed by a 4.73 sec pass, will consume 15 gallons of nitro, at $15.75 per. But the average pass costs $2000 a second.
-At launch, the car pulls 5.0g of acceleration, holds 4.0g for 2.5 to 3.0 sec, then pulls 4.0 negative g when the chutes blast open. This caused racer Joe Amato to retire from racing when he couldn't keep his retinas attached.
-From rest, the car achieves 100 mph in 1.2 sec, and does so in just 100 ft, or four times it's own length. At half track, or 660 ft, the car hits 260 mph

In the same vein, I'll mention the now deceased Col. John Paul Stapp. A man who tested the limits of human G loading:

On December 10, 1954, Stapp strapped himself into a rocket sled and was accelerated to 632 mph. At this point he was decelerated in 1.2 seconds! :eek: This acceleration was in excess of 40 Gs! His body weight was momentarily about 6800 lbs. Wind blast and deceleration were equivalent to a high-altitude ejection at supersonic speed.

Here is an account of what he experienced:
Col. Stapp reported: "It felt as though my eyes were being pulled out of my head . . .I lifted my eyelids with my fingers, but I couldn't see a thing . . ..They put me on a stretcher, and in a minute or two I saw some blue specks . . . In about eight minutes . . . I saw one of the surgeons wiggle his fingers at me, and I was able to count them. Then I knew my retinas had not been detached, and that I wasn't going to be blind."

http://www.jrdrags.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1000/sort/1/cat/500/page /2
this is considered the worst explosion in NHRA historyh and still stands
caused by a ignition chip fireing at the wrong time when the valves were still open
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

posted by  Speed Freak INC

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

If you're going to plagarize, at least make sure that it wasn't plagarised before.
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=9437

-------------------------------------
http://forum.soundillusions.net/archive/index.php/t-19139.html

Regardless, welcome to the forums, and whilest you were posting facts in the name of entertainment, citing the source is strongly urged.
At least cite Car&Driver as the source.
--------------------------------------
Wow, that's one hell of an explosion. Any injuries?

posted by  Godlaus

500 CID Keith Black Engines (v-8)
Supercharged
7000+ hp
4.49s in 1/4 mile
90% nitromethane/10% whatever (usually ethenol)

posted by  crowe0986

THECAREXPERT is an f'ing idiot... dude if u have been around cars for 30 fuc**** years and dont know shi* about em' i would be pretty sad.. First of all the fastest top fuel e/t ever recorded was 4.3 sec at 336mph. Second of all The mclaren f1 beats all of youre american cars. And the ferrari enzo is a car, enzo ferrari is a person dumba**. And if i had a car with 150hp and it only weighed say 100 pounds it would outrun any freakin 512 c.i. charger of yours . ITS ALL ABOUT POWER TO WEIGHT. And they do make 10.o liter engines... IHRA pro stock cars use 800 c.i. motors, that translates to 14.0 liters DUMBA**. IF YOU DONT THINK I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT CARS... TRY ME... AND GUESS WHAT IM !^ YEARS OLD!!!!!

posted by  Mclaren_nut

And apparently you are also a !^ (?) year old idiot. This thread is almost a year old. Boy do you look stupid now. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

Good luck on building an engine that weighs 100 pounds, let alone an entire car :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

I especially liked this part;

Does this remind you of anybody who just left? Or maybe even the person he's challenging. I think we have our newest Village Idiot.

posted by  vwhobo

It's soo funny, because he's holding down the shift key throughout the entire post instead of using the caps lock :mrgreen: .

posted by  Godlaus

well as family guy states the village idiot gets to run around waving his penis at traffic :laughing:

posted by  salimander13

Perhaps he doesn't know everything about operating a keyboard. :laughing:

posted by  vwhobo

I think he meant 16, because he doesn't know how to use capslock...he is the same age as CAREXPERT, but why would he diss himself?...

Who is it?...I can't think of anyone who has been banned recently...

posted by  chris_knows

Didn't somebody just very publically leave? Like yesterday?

posted by  vwhobo

does this mean he likes other cars than neons :mrgreen:

posted by  salimander13

Oh, right...might be him...but he didn't use the word Neon once...something's fishy :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Apparently, this idiot is one of a kind....well, there's another, but we've never heard of him lol :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message