NSX to Ferrari conversion

Home  \  General Chat  \  NSX to Ferrari conversion

I thought this was frickin awesome!!

The page is in chinese, but you can just look at the pictures, they are in chronological order.

http://www.6park.com/enter7/messages/gvk21098.html

posted by  Zalight

dude i was kinda incredulous at first but that was f***ing ridiculous, if they didn't have pic by pic i would never believe it. i wonder how long the whole thing took. it was probably on site...(i'm just lazy)

posted by  choke

That's awesome, I've never seen a conversion like that, saw some front or rear conversions but never the whole thing

posted by  RusMan

Such a conversion could only be worthile in Japan. I guess the NSX is like a Corvette to them. There are so many arround why not make it look like a Ferrair F50 or F40(wichever?). Of course that cars not going to perform like a real F-Series Ferrair and any real Ferrari gan will be able to spot that fake from a mile away.

posted by  DSMer

I think I just shit my pants. Not in a "holy shit, that's sweet" sort of way either. Like, in a "This is so dumb I have literally lost bowel control." sort of way.
I'd like to think that with the time and money that got dumped into this sort of project you could have either: a.) bought a real one, or b.) installed enough aftermarket stuff to make the NSX perform like a real one.
I am now going to stab my eyes out. Thank you.

posted by  eclipso

Thanks for your valuable contribution :thumbs:

I think it's awesome, a real engineering feat.

posted by  Godlaus

Engineering feat? Its a bunch of foam, fiberglass, and bondo on a NSX. I'd hardy consider that a feat of any engineering accomplishment. No doubt its a neat creation but its simply bodywork, nothing more...

posted by  DSMer

Two snaps for the buzzkill, DSMer. :ohcrap:

I would contribute something else but the page won't load. So I'll just imagine it.

posted by  Patrick

engineering = bad wording on my part.

Imaginative bodywork = better word.

posted by  Godlaus

im not sure about it being made with foam, if you crash wont it just all go to waste? even if u just give it a little nudge on a wall. It looks more like a sofa shaped into a ferrari during its building stage.

posted by  ahoo

Ugh. Where do you think most fiberglass parts are created from? Even if the picture did'nt obviously show a foam bodyform, I'd still say they made it with foam. Its not a car to be driven arround you wiener. Its something to be put on display. You obviously have no clue about body work even after you looked at detailed pictures. Its a foam structure with bondo and fiberglass. Then several coats of primer, paint, and clear. What in your right mind would make you think somone would just make a car out of foam? Ughh :banghead:

posted by  DSMer

America did it right before normandy :mrgreen:

(making it seem like troops were in america)

posted by  Godlaus

*Sigh*... :banghead:

posted by  DSMer

woops sorry about that i posted before i saw the whole thing

posted by  ahoo

......joking.......

posted by  Godlaus

Thats crazy!

posted by  StiMan

Your Message