Most milage

Home  \  General Chat  \  Most milage

hghjghjkjkhj

posted by  Zenith

My dad's old truck had right at 400K.

posted by  DodgeRida67

my corolla has 280xxx

posted by  mazda6man

This isn't a very good question. Gas vehicles have trouble reaching 300,000km, while diesels have been known to hit even 1,000,000km. So people with gas vehicles are going to be much lower than those with diesels usually. Like DodgeRida for instence, im sure that truck was a diesel, or it has been through a handful of motors/trans, not to mention other wearing components.

But anyway, I've only been driving for a year this month, and have owned 3 different vehicles. My 1st Olds I put 30,000km on (Odo read 230,000), my 2nd olds I put 10,000km on (odo read 170,000) and my Grand prix I've put 20,000 on (reads 296 000... 2 motors, tranny surely next.. meh, cost me $200 to overhaul it) for a grand total of... 60,000km.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

My first car is a Topaz.. I just bought it 3 months ago. It is a young buck at only ~76,300 miles. I dont know how long I will be able to get out of it though since the previous owner was an old lady who nothing about taking a car to a shop for routine fixups. Im hoping to get around 130,000 out of it.

posted by  EvilPodAE

Currently at 207k with my Accord, never one problem either. In my family though we have ran up 6 out of our 8 Honda vehicles past 200k miles with never having one single problem.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Our '72 Ford truck hit 420k, my '84 Jetta went 270k before I sold it, and my old beater '81 Chevy Citation V6 went 323k miles before I gave it away. Most of my other cars were bought with over 100k miles but weren't owned very long.

posted by  ChrisV

It was a chevy 4.1L inline 6. Most major repair was a water pump.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Let me guess what the secret is. On time Oil & filter changes and no abuse. Am I right?

posted by  DodgeRida67

Ohhh, an I6, durable motors I6's are indeed, they run at low RPMs. Still has lasted a long time though.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

there is a guy in mentor who is trying to break a record or something. he has hte mileage on the back of his window. I know its correct too, ive looked at the car. he is now at 500,000..... :screwy: one word --> damn

posted by  Low Impedance

No, actually. Rare oil changes and regular abuse. The Citation got oil added if I ever bothered to look, and the car was simply started, driven hard, and then turned off. I think I changed the oil filter twice in the last 60k miles...The Jetta was similar. Tender loving neglect. in fact, the peopel I gave teh cars to after I was done tried to lill them. the guy that got the jetta simply ran it a quart low for the next two years. It finally died when he rammed the back of a delivery truck.

posted by  ChrisV

I had a 93 GMC Safari minivan that my mother in law picked up for us at an auction for $350. It was in decent cosmetic shape and ran OK.

When we got it the odometer wasn't working. The tenths would move freely but none of the other numbers moved. It was stuck at 189,746.

My sister-in-law had the van for 6 months before we got it. We drove it for 2 1/2 years before it finally threw a rod. I don't know how many miles we put on it, but our other car got 80,000 miles in that time.

We live in the boonies and have to drive 22 miles one-way to Wal Mart, 54 to the closest shopping mall, etc. The closest grocery store is an 8 mile one way trip...

posted by  DaveB

Uh, 500k is impressive but my friend's farm truck is stuck at 54xxxx or so and it's been broken *the odometer* and driven for the past 2 1/2 years.

posted by  Nichol Bolas

That's a diesel. We're talking about gasoline engines. Diesels have lasted upwards of a million km.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

No, gasoline. 93 ford something.

posted by  Nichol Bolas

Your Message