random question

Home  \  Off Topic  \  random question

Overall, what do you think about Ford Mustangs?

http://www.screensavershot.com/automation/mustang.jpg

posted by  jdubya

i dont really like them anymore, because everyone has them. Especailly after the new 2005 model came out. Thats all i hear people talking about, and the arent that fast for their price tag.

posted by  Import-tuner

Love them and always have. iv'e had 3 '70 fastbacks (inculding a BOSS 302), as well as a built up 460 powered Fox Mustang. I even like teh Mustang IIs as cheap bases to build fast cars from.

that's always been teh Mustang's appeal. A relatively inexpensive platform that you can enjoy stock or can easily be modded to pretty much any performance level you want. And at any budget level you want, like this one:

http://www.sh3d.com/ss/grey_86.htm

Now, usually I prefer a used Mustang, as they are cheap and easy to mod, but the '05 is the first one I'd want to buy brand new since the '70 edition... I love teh styling, good stock power, and easy to mod for a reasonable new car buy-in price.

posted by  ChrisV

Though more and more of them seem to be appearing like mentioned above, I don't mind them. Especially the older more classic ones like your pic. Gorgeous.

posted by  boothe

True, you see a lot more stangs out there than most other new "muscle" cars, but i still like the body style, especially the 2005 model.

posted by  jdubya

theyre a dime a dozen, i have one.

posted by  shev

I've got the 99' V6. I think its a great car overall considering their styling and performance for the price. V6 Engine is a little underpowered for its 3.8 liter, but is still faster than most cars with same price rage. I just wish it were more reliable...I just had a major repair on trans :ohcrap:

I really like the 05's styling but in a few years you are gonna see them everywhere and won't be anything special.

posted by  ed_7702

I love 'em too....It's something about the muscular looks and V8 burble of a classic 60's Stang that I love.....It has to be a 60's version for me though, and preferabley a Fastback, although I think the 2005 model kinda rekindles the classic design...I WILL own one, one day :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Oh really? "Everyone has them"? I don't have one. My CPA doesn't have one. The people up the road don't have one. There are 5 billion people on earth and I'm pretty sure Ford hasn't built that many, so not everybody has one. Do you have any idea how ludicrous it is to say that "everyone" has anything? You're probably not mature enough to understand the concept.

Let's look at it another way. Just because many people own something, does that make it bad? Do you own the computer you're typing on? Do you have a telephone? How about an indoor toilet? Shoes? Alot of people have all of those things and I bet you do too. It sounds to me like you're a hypocrite or at the very least severely conflicted. Maybe you're just stupid.

For the record I am not a Mustang lover. However I have owned more than a handfull and am still watching for the right '92 LX 5.0 to pop up. When it does I'll own another one.

posted by  vwhobo

Well, I think they are the best looking muscle car.

O almost forgot… "I think ford suck because they are unreliable". :mrgreen:

posted by  Ki2AY

I dont really like them. I see them all the time. I see atleast 2 05 models a day, and probably 10-20 of the 85-03 models. I saw an 05 yesterday that had a...very interesting looking spoiler on the back of it. And it DID come stock, or DI. I saw a couple others on the dealership lot with the same spoiler. Honestly, I don't like the way the new ones look, the way the fox bodies look, or shoot...nearly every body style except the ones from 68-72 and 97-04. Well, what can I say. Im a Chevy guy. :screwy:

posted by  Satty101

What did Hobo just say about exxageration?

YOu see computers all teh time, too, right? So you must not like them./ You see jeans al teh time, so I'd bet you dont' own a pair. How about sneakers (tennis shoes) Do you own a pair?

Well, I'm sure you see Chevy's "all the time" too. So why do you like them if you see them all the time, but not Mustangs? I mean, if you don't like them because you see them all the time, I'd think that you wouldn't like ANY car...

It's so easy to just have an opinion. Unfortuantely it seemes even easier to use complete BS and hypocracy to justify that opinion. C'mon, Satty, set a better example!
:screwy:

posted by  ChrisV

OMG!!! THERE YOU GO AGAIN. geez you are a geezer. stop your whining man, and NO I DONT BELIEVE YOU ARE HERE TO TEACH.

seriously, you guys need to take a chill pill, relax have fun in the forum.

posted by  Ki2AY

Do I look like a I give a sh*t what you believe? You're worthless. Especially if your idea of "fun" is to be a retard.

posted by  ChrisV

Hey chris, your email dosnt work!? it keeps sending my messege back to me. what can i do? :laughing:

posted by  Ki2AY

i'm sorry, just gotta say: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? are you retarded? obviously he doesn't mean literally everyone on the planet has a mustang....

he means they are common. if diamonds were as common as granite do you think they'd be worth as much today? no, of course not.
I mean really.... omg :doh: :ohcrap:

posted by  shev

shev, re-read what he said. I didn't catch it at first either. But you see a lot of other stuff A LOT more per day than the car. Yet you only dont like the car.

posted by  Satty101

When did you start actin' like a bitch?

The 2005 Mustang GT retails at about $25,000. It has done 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. It has done the quarter mile in 13.6 seconds. Find me another STOCK PRODUCTION CAR for $25,000 or cheaper that can beat or match those figures.

I like Mustangs, especially the new ones. They are good cars that are often viewed as low quality vehicles because of the widely advertised "bang-for-buck" sticker that it gets.

posted by  -What-

Your Message