Hey i'm new

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Hey i'm new

Sup everyone just thought i'd introduce myself. I'm Seth. I drive a 1986 Mazda GXL Rx-7. If you wanna see more of the car just click on the website in my signature.

posted by  Sethro

Actually I was hoping to see less of it... Like not in every post.

posted by  vwhobo

Hey Seth...those neon lights on your car are so cool!! How can I do that to my car?
NOT!!

posted by  BavarianWheels

hey, welcome to the forums

posted by  mazda6man

Hi Sethro! ;)

posted by  Unfedfat

What's your problem buddy? Those are worth at least 75 horsepower. Geez, some people. 8)

posted by  vwhobo

In that case...put me down for two sets...then I can put the STi (whatever it is) to rest also... ;)

Dude, I was way wrong. His web page shows he has LED lights too. Those and the neon add up to over 125 hp :!: Don't go looking for a race in Idaho.

posted by  vwhobo

Maybe he's got it set up so that when he hits the throttle, the neon lights come on outside and the LED's come on inside...kinda like warp speed...ya?

Or maybe it's a law enforcement requirement in Idaho so it makes following the vehicle at night from a helicopter easier and without the need for night-vision cameras. Ya...that's it.

well yeah he might have an, eh, 200 hp increase at the most with the LEDs and Neons....but the REAL hp is with the stickers. those babies will give you a whopping 300-500 HP at about 2-3K RPM. those are the real shit. :D :D

posted by  SuperJew

Could be true, but I see no stickers...

That is BS. We've already established months ago that stickers have a limit of 100 hp. Except a Type-R sticker which is good for a maximum of 150 hp. Bottom line is you'll never get more than 250 hp total from stickers. Yellow brake calipers however are worth 200. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

Wow you guys really are assholes. Haha. Well its kinda funny how i never claimed my car to be fast or ricey, but thats ok. If you wanna poke fun thats fine with me. Go for it. I'm here to help people. Not put them down.

posted by  Sethro

Temper, temper. If you can't take a little ragging you're in the wrong place. After all someone with neon on an RX7 must hear it alot.

By the way, they're not assholes, only me. Check my profile.

posted by  vwhobo

I've got no temper. I just said its ok that you poke fun. So what do you guys have against neons on rx7's?

posted by  Sethro

I think a more specific and correct question would be neon on anything. What is the point of it except to scream "look at me"?

posted by  vwhobo

Thats also the point of having a nice car. Especialy a VW. If i see a nice bug driving down the road i sit and stare. Your trying to get people to turn heads.

posted by  Sethro

I can understand and agree with that to a point. But there's alot of difference between building a car from the ground up with your own hands and hanging $50 worth of lights underneath. But then I've never in all my years understood why someone would invest copious amounts of money and time into a car and then make it a trailer queen. In my mind it's sort of the same thing.

Honestly with all the cars I've built it's always been for me, never giving a second thought to the fact that other people might want to see them.

posted by  vwhobo

The neons are for my enjoyment also. I think they look cool. If your oppinion is that you dont like them then thats your oppinion. Thats cool. Everyones entitled. I personaly love VW's. My fave is the '90 Corrado. There actualy was a guy with a classic bug that was asking me where to get neons the other day. Anyway i'll stop buggin you about this dumb stuff. Just curious of your oppinion.

posted by  Sethro

Seth...you have the lighted valve stem caps too? That would just make it even more cool!!

Um no i dont have those.

posted by  Sethro

ahhhh...Seth changed his sig pic....darn the luck!! No more neon RX7?

Ok i'll put it back just cuz ya love it so much.

posted by  Sethro

Else what would we chat about???

how bout your bmw. That an old M3?

posted by  Sethro

Geez, what is up with all you slow euro tuners ragging on neon. My car is fast(faster than most of yours, with the exception of that M3, but I only paid 500 for mine) and yet I still have TASTEFUL neon. Although I agree that the ricer mantra seems to be "Im going to add everything I can to get people to look at my Honda that sounds like bee" there is something to be said for tasteful neon. With the right products in the right places, some glow can make you car stand out while not making you look like a dumbass. Glowing is a sub culture. While you may not like it, we do. So keep your opinions to yourself unless we ask for them and repect the fact that Sethro has a cool RX7 with a TASTEFUL(theres that word again) underbody kit that makes his car look better than it already does. So just vist www.streetglow.com marvel at some of the kick ass cars on the homepage and the forums and keep your traps shut.

posted by  TurboShelby

Wait just a fucking minute. First off you can lose that "euro tuner" shit when you're talking about me. You have no idea how wrong you are. Secondly who the hell do you think you are to come in here with your FIRST post and tell people to keep their opinions to themselves, then go on to blather your opinion? If you like his car great. If he likes his car great. If you're too thin skinned to take some crap, that's your problem.

Bottom line is nobody asked for your opinion, so keep it to yourself (your words paraphrased). And if you think your "soon to be in the 12's" Daytona (which are fun and can be fast) is faster than my junk, all I can say is anytime baby. Make sure you bring lotsa money.

posted by  vwhobo

Hey, just defending a fellow glower. And I have no idea what your driving. Im just going by what appears to be a German K-Car in your Avatar. And 12's is with a new turbo,injectors and an ECU. And that's just an estimate. These cars run mid 11's with this stuff too.

Edit: Alright after reading your pots, I regret to inform you that m,y post was not directed to you. You make a valid point. I am building my car from the ground up, and I dont care what other people think about as long as I like it, and the neons are for me, because I happen to like them anbd think they look good. And to take a quote from a fellow glower: "My neons may not add horsepower, but that funny thing hanging off my exhaust manifold does."

posted by  TurboShelby

All very nice but you failed to answer the question so I'll restate it. Why is your opinion any more important than anyone else's? And what the hell is a K-car? Oh yeah, that's what your Daytona is based on.

posted by  vwhobo

I, on the other hand, am here to put people down.

How do you know what they drive?

This is what separates ricers from Japanese car enthusiasts.

I agree, it can be tasteful, but it can also be overdone and hideous. (I'm not saying that Seth's RX-7 is overdone.)

Who are "we" exactly? I didn't here anybody asking you for your opinion either.

Based on what you've already read in this topic, do these people seem like they would enjoy a trip over to streetglow.com?

posted by  Widowmaker2k

It isn't, so I guess I stated my post wrong, oh well, my point still stands. And my K-Car is fast.

posted by  TurboShelby

How do you know what they drive?
Well Every Avatar and Sig I see here has a BMW and a VW save for yours.

This is what separates ricers from Japanese car enthusiasts.
Im a Japanese car enthusiast, I know what Im talking about when it comes to Japanese cars, you all accused Neon of being a ricer thing.

Based on what you've already read in this topic, do these people seem like they would enjoy a trip over to streetglow.com?[/quote]

Who Knows?

posted by  TurboShelby

Way off...it's a 1987 325 base model. No a/c, no leather. Just plain sports car. Incidently, I've had this little number up in the 140mph also...and with a few rpm left.

Only mod: K&N Air junk...not my addition though. No neon garbage.

Okay, you've got me confused again. Is it fast or is it going to be fast. If you define fast as 11's or 12's we speak a different language.

posted by  vwhobo

MMhmm and what do you define fast as in a street legal daily driver which you paid 500 dollars for and has a 4cyl and is FWD?

posted by  TurboShelby

hey guys i have a 93 grand cherokee and i got some neon and cathodes in it all green...also led's in the door handles as my recent project...i jus wanna say that neon is an accessory its not so u can ssay your a badass and drive round cuz u got neon...dont like it? dont look at it its common sense

posted by  brett_jeep17

My street legal, daily driven, towed away for free not fast enough yet junk is a high 10 car. Of course it's not FWD, that's for getting groceries.

posted by  vwhobo

So whats its designation? I.E. I have a "GXL" Rx7

posted by  Sethro

All good and well...just don't get mad when you get razzed about it.

THANK YOU. That's how this whole conversation started. We just don't want to see it. Read the second post in this thread.

posted by  vwhobo

The second post was discriminatory. You basicly said you dont wanna see me posting at all. Now the third and fourth post were excellent.

posted by  Sethro

In the user agreement: "You agreed not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned." Mod's can we get a ban here?

Some one needs to chill out. I may think your VW is pointless and dumb looking, but do you hear me slamming it? No, so leave our "sub-culture" of people who like neons alone. Seesh, all Sethro did was say hi.

posted by  brveagle

Agreed

posted by  Sethro

Finally some sense. And just so he doesn't flip out. Its apparently a BMW. Whilke it still looks like an 84 Jetta with the blacked out grill and all.

posted by  TurboShelby

Says nothing about razzing anyone...so grow up and deal with it.

Read my first post in this thread over and over till you memorize it. Now tell me where I said I don't want you to post. Please enlighten me.

posted by  vwhobo

Oooh I get it now. He just doesn't want to see your sig. Had oyu left it at that, I could've restrained myself, but you had to go on and say all the stuff you did.

posted by  TurboShelby

hey vw, bla bla all u did was bash sethro for comin in cuz u saw the pic of his car with a green undercar kit "hi sethro, or welcome" would have done the trick rather than u being a complete jerk...so admit u messed up and al.l this should be dropped

posted by  brett_jeep17

Is it just me or do the "glowers" seem to have no sense of humor. Maybe it's from to much electroluminescent light. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

Wait a minute. According to TurboShelby if I didn't ask for your opinion I don't have to listen to it. You guys need some NATURAL light for a change.

posted by  vwhobo

It was discriminatory

posted by  Sethro

Yes my brain is fried from all those strobes. Take a look at the streetglow board just to prove we do have a sense of humor(some of them are sicker than others, but hey) which is why I directed you to that a while back.

posted by  TurboShelby

Dude, I take exception to you. You seem to be the only one WITH a sense of humor.

posted by  vwhobo

jesus this has turned to a cockfight....can you all just SHUT THE FUCK UP???????

oh and if nobdoy heeds my words....:popcorn:

posted by  SuperJew

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Yummy :!:

posted by  vwhobo

Alright Im done, just so long as someone admits that tasteful neon is okay.

posted by  TurboShelby

I read it again and I still don't see where it says I don't want you to post. Are you suffering from a persecution complex?

posted by  vwhobo

Not to start you up but... I didn't say anything about neon, I was talking about you.

posted by  vwhobo

Ok obviously i need to point it out to you.... READ THE BOLD ITALIC WHERE I QUOTED MYSELF

posted by  Sethro

TASTEFUL NEON IS OK

posted by  SuperJew

Alright, well my car is fast, that's all I care about. Your car runs 10's, good for you. I like neon. You apparently dont, good for you. We're done. Game over man, game over*.I give you some props for having a fast car as long as it is American and isnt a ford. 11 seconds is with a stock bottom end and engine internals though.

*Family Guy refrence. Disregard if you cant understanf it.

posted by  TurboShelby

Okay, I'm convinced. I'm going out and taking down a shop light and hanging it under my car right now. It'll be phat.

posted by  vwhobo

American made? Not a freakin' chance. Flat fours forever!

posted by  vwhobo

Becareful, before you know it, you will be hooked.

posted by  brveagle

aww white is so boring....u gotta make it purple :P :D

posted by  SuperJew

WOW... This gotta be the longest "Hi, I'm new!" thread... 8O

posted by  Unfedfat

yeh, il say, holy cow

posted by  mazda6man

yup coulda all been avoided too.

posted by  Sethro

hey think of it as a good thing....we welcomed you....i mean, we did kinda flame you, but still....its all good! :D

posted by  SuperJew

Yup Its all good!

posted by  Sethro

You're actually trying to get somebody banned with your FIRST post?

posted by  Widowmaker2k

Do that, then take some Digital pictures of it, and post them. I'm sure it will be amusing to many.
and just to be official: I'm requesting, requiring, and asking for all opinions about everything that has to do with anything from anyone. From taste preferences of cheese fried popcorn to people living on earth from planet eslarchgobth in the beta quadrant. Now where the business are my cheesy poofs?

posted by  Domminigan

apparently so, sherlock.

posted by  Domminigan

Pretty much! Lol, not really.

posted by  brveagle

No.
Discriminatory is when you throw out all the w's out of your M&M's , or when you beat your two redheaded stepchildren and don't beat your blonde stepchild. Or when you sleep with a couple of skinny girls but won't have relations with a fat girl. so in summation, eat the "W's", Beat all your stepchildren equally, and give some sweet lovin' to the fatties!!

posted by  Domminigan

And I am here to post a few times and then leave.

he must be an automotive psycic. All hail the spark plug whisperer!!

and the fact that Japanese car enthusiasts are Japanese and ricers can be Chinese, Korean, Laotian, or Tibetan, and even Cambodian!

agreed. overcooked neon is slightly too soggy for my tastes.

I asked everyones opinion just previously.

I'm sure they wouldn't. That's why he's trying to send them over there. That way the admin over .there will have to deal with a bunch of belligerent, sophomoric imbeciles

posted by  Domminigan

I would just like to inform everyone that this is my fifth post.
Now on to business...
Wait, where is my business?
Oh My Goodness, I can't do my business if I can't find it!!
Oh there is my business.
Wait, where is my thingy??
I can't find my thingy!
Oh, there it is.. In my pocket.. Yes, I like to handle my thingy.. good to write with too.
Hey.. Did anyone see my marbles? I seem to have lost them..
Ohhh marrrrrbbblllleeeessss... oh Marbly marbles!!
Ohhh.. The pain. I stepped on my marbles, and I slipped, and then I landed on my marbles. but hey... I found my marbles. I didn't lose my marbles after all!!
they are my happy thoughts

posted by  Domminigan

is that some good crack you have man?
from your posts, it sound like it is

posted by  asa67_stang

Okay, I went and took a shower and had some supper and came back to read this again. It seems that a bunch of wannabes from another forum came here for the sole purpose of making trouble. I mean after all how much can there be to talk about in a "glowers" forum?

Glower #1; I have green neon on my car.

Glower #2; Wow, phat. I have blue neon on my car.

Glower #3; Wow, phat. I have red neon on my car.

Glower #4; Wow, phat. I wannabe Peter Pan.

Glower #1; Wow, phat.

And on it goes. Tell ya what boys. I won't come over and start shit in your obviously highly intellectual forum if you don't start shit with me.

posted by  vwhobo

yeah whats with this rapid influx of newbies?

posted by  SuperJew

no, alas. It is only pseudo-crack. Most of it is paint thinner.

posted by  Domminigan

Thank god for that information.

What did you have?

Allah be praised. He has come back to us.

I'm sorry, but what do we want to be?? I'm still rather lost on this one

Ahh how quick you are

Some did, some just enjoy signing up for new forums.

Why do you think we're all over here?

Glower #5; Go away Michael Jackson.

Yes. and over and over again.

And ladies.

Obviously? can you truly make any sound judgements just by looking at the extremes?

Nobody ever said SG was a bunch of intellectuals. most of the time I can feel my brain cells languishing and dying while on the SG board.

posted by  Domminigan

Please watch your mouth, there are little kids that read this forum.

posted by  brveagle

Everyone is a newbie sometime. Some become Lurkers, some become spammers, some become postwhores, some become internet-pseudo-respected posters, some become like wallpaper (they are there, but you never notice them) And some become banned.
The reason for this last influx of newbies is the attack on one of the SG board members. One of the "wallpaper" ones. As was previously stated, it is a "Glowers board" and therefore, not much to talk about about glowing. This happened to be a topic close to the top, so several people decided to sign up and if you are still reading, go find something more productive to do then they just decided to post on this fine board of yours. Speaking of which. Just what is this board intended to do?

posted by  Domminigan

I'm sorry I didn't realize you were back. Go home and play with your little glow toys sweetie.

posted by  vwhobo

You talking about yourself, or the little personality amongst the others?

posted by  Domminigan

aha! new idea. Glowing toy for the ladies..
Oh wait. they already have that one.

posted by  Domminigan

wow. i didnt understand a word you just said.

posted by  SuperJew

that's good. Because I didn't actually say anything, now did I? Or do you even know? There is no spoon. It's called hooked on Phonics and it worked for my father's mother's nephiew's brother's son's nieces former roomate, and it might just work for your brothers sister.

posted by  Domminigan

talk about stupidity..... :rolleyes:

posted by  SuperJew

and with that bit of nonsensical rambling, my turkey timer just popped out, my alarm just went off, the egg timer just dinged, the news is on be quiet you little brats, The doorbell rang if I hear a peep out of you I'll turn the hose on you, and the phone rang, so I'll be signing off for now, I'll be back to read this section if I remeber tomorrow, if not, I won't. Yakkety yak, blah blah blah, Have a good evening/night/ morning/day to you all, glowers, and glow-haters.

posted by  Domminigan

omg im new here so does this happen alot with newbies? cause i dont wanna post if im gonna get trashed and knocked down lol..sounds like theres kinda a tough crowd.. :(

posted by  twoloud4urears21

and your name is at the top of the queue.
it's called either half-sister and half brother, or I'm calling you a chick. Or I could be just saying that you've got both a brother and a sister, who knows. I sure don't care enough to find out.

posted by  Domminigan

in that case I wont tell you...and twoloud4urears21 it all dpeends on your attitude. some newbies get blasted, a la Sethro, and some do not.

posted by  SuperJew

yea ur right bout the attitude i jsut came here cause i like to b.s bout cars and stuff... :D

Not usually. I guess today it all depends on if your part of the "I'm a glower so I'm better than you" crowd. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

i aint better than nobody....i just like to b.s bout cars..dont know much bout them but im learnin.. :(

Wow, I guess the subtleties really are lost on some. I was implying that he shouldn’t go making requests like that on his first post.

posted by  Widowmaker2k

Then I'd say you're in. 8)

posted by  vwhobo

Tell us why we care? For the record, I think that neon CAN improve the looks of a car if it is done well.

posted by  Widowmaker2k

My attitude exactly, welcome to the forum.

posted by  Widowmaker2k

i am new to the forum but i have a love of old cars i do not own one but want to. my favorite car is a 71 chevy chevelle SS. i have a knowledge of cars much greater then most men so try me. lol please feel free to introduce yourself to me. :twisted:

posted by  smokeb4fire2003

when did i say i was better?

posted by  Sethro

when did i say i was better?

posted by  Sethro

Here's a newsflash for you. Not everything that someone types in a forum is about you. I know that may be hard for you to understand because other things have proven to be as well. Get over it. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

http://www.streetglow.com/cgi-local/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t= 007682

posted by  Widowmaker2k

Its all in fun...

posted by  brveagle

aww darn no fun..but i still dont think im better than anyone..

all in fun but we still get yelled at and put down for a lil glow under the cars...not like i think im good or better than anyone...but ohn well yell at me peeps if ya want... :evil:

hey twoloud~ Try using a edit button! Ya newbie! j/k

posted by  brveagle

Yeah we get shunned cuz we're different. Oh well. Better to be different i guess. Still never said we were better than anyone else.

posted by  Sethro

That's life. If you want to be different you've got to be able to take some heat.

Isn't it odd how you conspired to come over here and cause trouble? For the proof see the link below. Oh yeah, dude with the junk Ford, you were okay till I read what you had to say about us in the other forum. Go ahead and request me to be banned for the truth.

http://www.streetglow.com/cgi-local/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t= 007682

posted by  vwhobo

I personaly MYSELF did not conspire to cause trouble. I wanted to be part of the forum and get along. YOU and a few others decided to start shit with ME. So i got a few friends to come over and join so i wasnt alone. They themselfs defended me. I just told them to join and annoy you with neons as a joke. Cant handle it???

posted by  Sethro

Whoa~ Enough with the language, between you and that other guy, i have had my fair share of cussing for the day.

posted by  brveagle

Handle it, sure. Now read what you just typed. That is a conspirasy. So is what you said on that forum, right here in black and white, a direct cut and paste.

Very interesting. What's the matter, can't handle the truth?

posted by  vwhobo

Or he just doesn't care, and was looking for something to do. Eh?

posted by  brveagle

Your the one telling me to handle it?? Can you not handle a joke?? Your the hater not me.

posted by  Sethro

I didn't get my friends and go to another forum to start shit, you did. Someday you'll grow up and understand the concept of taking resposibility for your actions.

That is my last post on this topic. I don't have the any more time to waste on pathetic little kids and their glow in the dark toys.

posted by  vwhobo

I will say this ONE MORE TIME
I personaly MYSELF did not conspire to cause trouble. I wanted to be part of the forum and get along. YOU and a few others decided to start shit with ME. So i got a few friends to come over and join so i wasnt alone. They themselfs defended me. I just told them to join and annoy you with neons as a joke. Cant handle it???

posted by  Sethro

Darn, i was hoping for 5 pages...

posted by  brveagle

::laughs::

The Glow Worm Gang. :rolleyes:

Bunch of pansies with their little Christmas tree cars...

Come now, you gotta know that all that glow worm, Knott's Berry Farm / Disneyland lighting is so gay!! You can't be serious, can you? I mean little kids buy that stuff at carnivals and amusement parks to put around their necks and arms...it cannot "really" be cool...can it? I think not.

Do you have to keep changing out the glow sticks every few days? Tear open the packages and tape them in place over and over again?

Please! :rolleyes:

ya know, despite the fact that his sig is giving my 'puter a headache, this guy might be one of the ones from that other forum that might be able to contribute
there is intelligence somewhere in there, you have to be pretty smart to be that stupid

posted by  asa67_stang

Well i think u got your wish ;)

posted by  Bubba

it also would appear that people really love quoting people........like 20 times per post...WOW

posted by  Neo the Ferret

... ::giggles::

my point has already been made.

Just to make sure, can you restate your point? I don't want to misquote you...

for your entertainment i shall

you sure like to quote people like 20 times in one post...

new point also will be added.
Lots of agression built up in these people here

So what you are saying is that people on this thread love to quote people "like 20 times", or I (Bav) like to quote?

Also, are you saying there are some bent fenders in this thread?

Help me understand.

posted by  Bubba

whoops! Sorry, double post

posted by  Bubba

You know, you can delete your own post if it is still the last post in the thread.

Oops...too late.

But, heaven forbid you bring your post count down one...

i know. I can't have my amount of posts go down one. That would be 41 according to this. As a punishment, I guess i'll have to get neons on my car or something. Can you imagine Red and green neons on a Packard? bleaguh :|

posted by  Bubba

:P yuck

posted by  Bubba

GAK!!! 8O

posted by  Bubba

Bubba, why do you hide your online status? It'd be nice to look at the bottom of the page and say "Oh, Bubba's here."? Just wondering.

posted by  vwhobo

I'll Un-hide my online status then i guess

posted by  Bubba

Thank you, as I said before, you're a good man Bubba. By the way your avatar just took a dump.

posted by  vwhobo

hehe :D

posted by  vwmaniac

<-----Thanks- Got it

posted by  Bubba

Your Message