Favourite Books

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Favourite Books

So...
Oh yeah my all-time favourite book has to be "1984," has anybody read it?

posted by  vwmaniac

Almost anything from http://www.motorbooks.com/

posted by  vwhobo

"Be careful about reading health books.
You may die of a misprint."

~Mark Twain

posted by  BavarianWheels

I hate Mark Twain. :D

posted by  vwmaniac

LOL that was funny

I like Timeline by Michael Chriton

the movie is out and i gotta go see it

posted by  Neo the Ferret

I read the book also.I thought it was quite good.Though the movie looks kind of stupid on the commercials,anyway I will give the movie a go also.

posted by  vwmaniac

I really liked Timeline but my all time favorite book would have to be Playboy....oops thats a magazine. oh well. I really don't have a favorite book.

posted by  SuperJew

anything by tom clancy

posted by  theunbelivaBULL

my favourite book is also the worlds best selling book and one of the oldest books - the bible

posted by  stringer001

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 8O 8O Are you serious?

posted by  vwmaniac

I have a few copies myself...one is sitting in the front seat of my daily driver...the white car in my sig...

THat is why I asked if stringer is serious since I am not even close to being a JESUS freak. :D

posted by  vwmaniac

wait - are you a Jesus freak? and is it the new or old testament?

posted by  SuperJew

I wouldnt consider myself a jesus freak at all

posted by  stringer001

and for the record im a Moses freak....LOL :D

posted by  SuperJew

I am no freak at all when it comes to religion.::shivers::

posted by  vwmaniac

you fool!!

posted by  SuperJew

Are you serious or just joking around? :o ::looks over his shoulder,scared::

posted by  vwmaniac

im just playin....whatever you believe is fine with me...unless your a nazi....

posted by  SuperJew

theres more goodness in God than VW's

you think im stupid to belive in God
I think your stupid to belive in VW's

posted by  stringer001

From the looks of most organized religion, I don't blame you one bit!!

lol.no I too hate Nazi's.lol.I do believe in God and always will,though I really dislike all that churchy/bibaly stuff. :D

posted by  vwmaniac

So am I stupid too because I believe love VW's and am agnostic? I make no judgement on your beliefs but apparently it's ok for you to judge.

Wait a minute, isn't there something in the Bible about not judging people?

posted by  vwhobo

Thankyou,that is exactly what I mean.Oh yeah and Stringer when did I say that you are stupid?

posted by  vwmaniac

Uh-oh... this thread is quickly turning into:

Believer vs. Non-believer...

i wasnt flaming you but im sorry, and i wasnt judging anybody, i judge the car not the owner.

posted by  stringer001

So how 'bout that Dr. Seuss fella?

A literary genius IMO.

Your thoughts?

So then you're saying (or beating around the bush) that VW's are stupid? Explain yourself.

posted by  vwhobo

::whew!! back to car topics:: :D

well... VW's arent stupid, I just dont like them, there not in my tastes, and the cars im obsessed with, you would hate.

posted by  stringer001

Read what you just wrote about me and tell me you're not judging me. Then name one car that I hate.

posted by  vwhobo

But,Vwhobo probobally wouldn't tell you that he hates that in such a manner as you.

posted by  vwmaniac

True...there would probably be some kind of testable reason for the hate...or better...the dislike.

:)

im not judging you in the way it states in the bible.

posted by  stringer001

::thinks to self:: No...don't go there....

Oh really, the Bible mentions cars now. That must be the Newest Testament which I haven't seen. And you failed to name a car you think I hate.

Why would you say this in one thread;

Then say this in this thread;

I think I sense some smoke coming from somewhere. Look behind yourself quick.

posted by  vwhobo

sometimes you think to yourself its better to lie about your favourite book instead of say yeah i like the bible or hey im a christian. really its childish for me to flame vw and childish for others to flame my beliffs. I appoligise for bagging VW and even though i may not like them, ive given my opinion plenty of times so ill keep it to myself now as you all know i dont like them.

posted by  stringer001

I just don't think this thread (and possibly this forum...although I'd be happy to discuss) is the place for a theological debate.

Don't take this as a flame because it's not. It might be time to rethink or reaffirm your religious beliefs if you are afraid to be honest about them. If the Bible is you favorite book, be proud and speak up.

posted by  vwhobo

Well I, for one, am proud of the fact that I'm a Christian and that the Bible is the best book ever written. Earlier, when reading the first few posts after what stringer wrote, i was a bit offended, but i don't want to get in on the arguments, so I'm gonna shut my trap. But yes, it is a good book. Try reading it sometime. It may change your life! :)

I also like any book by Patricia Cornwell or any by Patrick Robinson! :)

posted by  ferrarichika

May I ask exactly what part of this thread you found offensive?

posted by  vwhobo

Although it is not directed at me, I don't find it offensive, just an inappropriate place (this thread specifically) or this forum as it is dedicated to car enthusiasts and argument instigators.

I don't have a problem discussing my Christian beliefs if someone is interested in asking me...but I'd rather it be in a thread that is labeled as such. Just an opinion.

I partake in much discussion on religious subjects on other forums. I didn't necessarily want to start here too...but as I've stated, I'm open to it if someone wants to throw out a subject in a specifically titled thread.

Is that weird? It may be because it's late...............zzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh sorry...I almost became like that new kid...name escapes me.

I agree that this isn't the place for a theological debate but I don't think I'm making it that. Yes a few of you have stated your religious belief as I have stated mine, and so far except for one person while there have been differing viewpoints, I don't think there has been any disrespect.

My beef is when in the name of religion somebody comes off with the "my beliefs are better than yours" attitude. As you implied earlier, I was the one trying to get the topic back to cars because for me that was the main point. That my friend is the crux of the biscuit.

On a lighter note I just recieved this in my e-mail today;

So the trivia question for the day is; In what 1970's movie was the word "Orgasmatron" first publicly used by Dr. Flexi Jerkoff (hint)?

posted by  vwhobo

1) i also got offended and wound up about my posts
2) anyone who disagrees with me and ferrarichika go read the entire bible then come and flame us
3) i only gave my opinion over a book, this wasnt the start of the arguement it was when i was flamed that the arguement/discussion started.

posted by  stringer001

Not exactly. Our argument had to do with your statement about VW's. I challenge you to show me where I said anything derogatory about your faith or choice of book. However you seem to feel a person has no right to disagree with your beliefs unless they "go read the entire Bible" and that is crap. Please respond.

By the way, when you type Bible, in the future please ensure you capitalize it. Not only is it a title but it is also respectful.

posted by  vwhobo

my favorite book is probably ... haha , the goonies (i dont read much... i really need to read more) but yeah, great movie great book :thumbs:

posted by  mazda6man

well i have read 1984, and it was a great book, but as of right now, my favorite book is Michael Moore's book, "Dude, Wheres my Country?" its a great book talking about Bush the 2nd and 9/11. It opens up a new view of the whole incident.

posted by  vanyaviper

God will not take me to hell if my grammer is bad.
and i didnt say that VWHOBO flamed me, your name was not mentioned so why are you saying you didnt flame me, i already know that dont I.

posted by  stringer001

Only because you use the word "argument", and the closest you came to arguing was with me. And as far as what you know, I have no idea. I've asked you to back-up statements you've made along the way but you have conveniently avoided the opportunity to do so.

By the way, why don't you jump on the people who did flame/offend you?

posted by  vwhobo

No...this wasn't pointed at you vwhobo...it was some others that were in the beginning stages of, "I can't believe you believe that..." that only leads to discussion of the arguing type.

Hey, guys, can't we all just get along again? please? I'm sorry, I realize that this is not the place to argue religion and I probably shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry. But can we end this crap now? Y'all are going in circles and solving nothing. Can't we all be happy? :D

posted by  ferrarichika

Who is arguing religion? And when will you answer my question? The first step to solving problems is answering questions, please do so.

posted by  vwhobo

you know what I agree with ferrarichika. if you wanna duke out religion save it for another topic. ive lost track o this topic so can we PLEASE keep to it? i dont want to lock this topic....

posted by  SuperJew

Then don't lock the topic and don't threaten that you will. Certain individuals, apparently including you now, continue to imply that I'm arguing religion when we all know it wasn't me. However I have asked very specific, non-religious questions and simply want them answered.

If you bother to read the entire thread you'll notice that I have been 100% respectful of everyone's beliefs, can you say the same? No...

posted by  vwhobo

you know what. no more posting for me. im done with this topic.

posted by  SuperJew

Good for you.

posted by  vwhobo

what the hell is a book?

posted by  Satty101

Something to rest your head on while you're sleeping in school. :)

posted by  vwhobo

like ferrari chika said, im also not saying anything else in this topic, i just wish the admins or moderaters would delete it and we could all just live normal again.

posted by  stringer001

book = good :mrgreen:

posted by  Unfedfat

Ok,I am really sorry for kind of offending you about your beliefs.Everybody has a right to believe in what they want.Though I really don't understand the end of your last post.Why would this topic make anybody live not normally??

posted by  vwmaniac

forgot two words...here's what you should've said...

book=good night's sleep :D

posted by  Satty101

hehehe. :D 8)

posted by  vwmaniac

and for some good classtime nap :D

posted by  SuperJew

Is anybody gonna take a shot at the trivia question?

posted by  vwhobo

Well normal is to get along with eachother, like we all used too on the forums.

posted by  stringer001

So what you're saying (refering only to you and me) is it's okay for you to talk smack but I can't raise the bullshit flag when you do. That seems pretty fair, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

uhmmm no. ive already appoligised for what i have said to you.

posted by  stringer001

Yes you have. Maybe you should be more specific as to who you're talking about so there is no confusion. You know who you're talking about, I have a good idea who you're talking about, but through this whole thing they've stayed quite. I personally think it's time that you got an apology.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message