Pretty quiet this morning in hee-ya!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Pretty quiet this morning in hee-ya!

Where is everyone.

I have no one to instigate. :(

posted by  BavarianWheels

Yeah,it's weird.I keep on coming on the forum and nobody but me and Bavarian are on.
It's getting kind of boring.This is creepy. 8O

posted by  vwmaniac

I'm off to lunch...cya in about an hour...just like Lens Crafters!

wow you have lunch quite late....of course I got stuck with damn 4th period lunch at 10:15.....damn scheduler!!! :evil: :evil:

posted by  SuperJew

I always want to lend a hand in the argument department. So here goes.

Blow me! :D 8O :D

posted by  vwhobo

When one (such as I) is in the working class...one can normally take lunch at anytime one pleases...provided it's not one hour before "the bell rings." That's not looked upon as too kosher.

So vwhobo...you mentioned in another thread about having several businesses. Care to share your ventures? I'm interested in knowing just how much you know... ;) (areas of expertise)

I thought there might be something in between the automotive area (not including "landlord.")

How's the mobile service going along?

I've mentioned some of them before, but a quick recap may be in order. Three independent full service auto repair centers, one with a parts store, no tires. Towing service, three rollbacks. Ten small residential rental properties. And my young but growing mobile service that I asked for input on. Plus other odds and ends that I get my fingers into, for instance just this weekend I bought 14 wholesale cars for resale. And I'm supposed to be on vacation. Don't tell my wife.

posted by  vwhobo

yeah i was just wondering if you did that....where are your shops or would you rather not reveal where you live...

posted by  SuperJew

Well I decided that it would be a hassle dealing with civilians on a daily basis, alot of people have unrealistic expectations when they hear the term "diagnostic service". So I targeted all of the podunk shops around here offering to roll in, give them a full scan, datastream, codes and advice. Once they found out that with some correct info they can fix a car faster than shooting in the dark replacing parts it really took off.

As long as they don't learn to read (no shit) and they don't want to invest in the equipment and training I'll let them pay me $45 a pop ($40 per additional car per visit). It saves them time and money and I've done as many as 17 in one day, 11 is about average.

So the short answer to your question is pretty good.

posted by  vwhobo

No I gave up my location once before and I'm still sorry to this day. A bad experience like that makes you think it might happen again. Suffice it to say my Redneck Hell is south of the Mason-Dixon line and east of the Mississippi. Please don't take offense.

posted by  vwhobo

alright thats good enough....i live nowhere near you. oh well. if your company(s) become big dont forget the NE! :D

posted by  SuperJew

Wanna start a satellite office in So. Cal.?

Nah, there's not enough Satellites left on the road. But I have a '73 that I'll sell you. 8)

posted by  vwhobo

:( I'd love to get out of the office a few days of the week.

And I'd rather you work your magic on my '73 than sell me another...

I hear ya. The best part of retiring from the AF is I finally got out of the office again. And don't think it's magic, it's an outgrowth of a wasted youth... And a wasted adulthood as well.

posted by  vwhobo

Waste, the sort of which is in your signature, is garbage only to a closed mind. I'm assuming that red number is one of your creations or your son's (of which I think you mentioned in another thread as having the same interest)

No, I just move around pictures of cars, that one belongs to a friend. My only (car) racing superstition is I don't like pictures taken of my cars, so I take none. Two of our cars (the Kalifornia Kid and mine) are posted somewhere on this forum, but it's a group shot so they can't be specifically identified.

If you're wondering, my other (motorcylce) racing superstition is when I finish a new bike, before it goes on the track I lay it down on the ground. It breaks the magnetic force that makes them fall, usually wound out in top gear.

posted by  vwhobo

Sounds like a good theory to me.

I kick the tires on my car everytime I walk by...that way it knows who's boss.

:D

hehe :D 8O I don't treat my cars in any violent matter.No,wait when walking by my car I always hit the roof.

posted by  vwmaniac

It would be good if somebody finally started a conversaton today.All day not a single long and interesting and flaming conversation,this is getting boring! :!: :evil:

posted by  vwmaniac

here i'm going to move this topic to "off topic" simply because...its off topic.

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message