Christmas Day

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Christmas Day

Who is going to be on the forum on Christmas day?I'm just curious.It would be quite cool if we beat the record of most people online during Christmas day.Wouldn't it?(now the record is 22 people if somebody doesn't know how to check the record on the bottom of the main forum page :P )

posted by  vwmaniac

count me out ill be in Puerto Rico taking advantage of the lack of people out and about due to christmas.... :twisted:

posted by  SuperJew

If you make the "meeting" some time relatively early in the morning...I could be a part of this gimmick.

::will need a reminder::

posted by  BavarianWheels

Cool,I was thinking of leaving to Dominicana Republica this Christmas,though I think I'll stay home.

posted by  vwmaniac

Count me in if we really want to do this. Of course I was thinking of going to the bathroom on Christmas day, so I might not be able to make it either. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

lol, :D I guess it would be kind of fun. 8)

posted by  vwmaniac

Ya...we could all just idle in the forum and watch the list grow and grow.

someone who knows all the time differences in different countrys and states set a time for each state and country of what time we have to get online. It counts guests to and coz i have 4 computers, ill go on as guests on all of them.

posted by  stringer001

Ok that would be sweet.

posted by  vwmaniac

ok,so to do this,we have to show what time it is right now at where we are.quickly,not to make too much delay.At my place it is 3:50pm at the moment.next.

posted by  vwmaniac

I'm in PST... 2:52pm

ok,so you are one hour behind me.next,come on quickly we have to figure this out.

posted by  vwmaniac

Yes, the internet is a wonderful thing.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

posted by  vwhobo

lol,thanks for helping out vwhobo.I am just not too great at organizing things. :PThough we don't know the exact locations of everybody,such as you?

posted by  vwmaniac

Our new Mod...SuperJew...says he loves to organize things...

All you have to do is set a time for GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) and everybody can figure their own time from there.

posted by  vwhobo

lol,why doesn't he plan this then?

posted by  vwmaniac

well yes but I am having no part in this.....so i won't interrupt.

posted by  SuperJew

its 10:00 here what time do u want me to get all my computers on?

posted by  stringer001

Alright so what time would be good for you guys?

posted by  vwmaniac

Can we just make it a Pacific time...It'd make it so much easier for me.

;) :rolleyes: :D

GMT would be better for me.

posted by  vwmaniac

So how about 7:00pm(starting) GMT?

posted by  vwmaniac

hmm i dont think so BW.....as your Moderator we do it Eastern Time. its now 6:05 by me. haha jk

posted by  SuperJew

I got to wondering who else (besides you) knew what GMT was.

posted by  vwhobo

Actually, I remember it better as "zulu".

Okay, so two of us know what that means. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

7pm GMT my time (GMT -8 ) Is 11am for me. Too late, I'd be out and about by then...

Or maybe it's GMT -7 right now for daylight savings....

I'M SO CONFUSED!!

:? :? :? :? :? :? :?

make that three

posted by  SuperJew

make that four

posted by  vwmaniac

Look at the first link guys, it makes it pretty simple.

posted by  vwhobo

My christmas day is one day ahead of yours.. Slackers :)

posted by  57ock

OK I'm late... I was out shopping + consuming + spending money(!) with the girl...

so what're we doing now? 7PM GMT?

posted by  Unfedfat

Me too. Funny, we went to Wal-Mart to buy a some bikes for an orphans Christmas party and came home with a combo DVD/VCR and a bookshelf stereo for the kitchen too. How in the hell did that happen?

posted by  vwhobo

good idea! i'm game!
8)

posted by  Loophole

SO,would 7:00pmGMT(starting) be reasonable?

posted by  vwmaniac

AM or PM my fellow Polack? Details, details.

posted by  vwhobo

lol,my fellow Polack,I wrote pm in small letters after 7:00.So 7:00PM.Is that alright my fellow Polack?

posted by  vwmaniac

vwmaniac, you started this, are you going to keep it going or give up? Get on the ball son :!: 8O

posted by  vwhobo

Yeah guys... What're we doing? :rolleyes:

posted by  Unfedfat

just as an observer ill say this probably will not work out...just because people probably don't have a motive for partaking in this.

posted by  SuperJew

The motive is in the partaking. Whatever the hell that means. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

wait....do you really not know what those words mean?

posted by  SuperJew

i would have to agree with you....i particularly like this one:

The main reason Santa is so jolly is that he knows where all the
bad girls live.

:twisted:

posted by  SuperJew

I know exactly what the words mean. It's the way I used them that's a bit on the screwy side. Sorta like like the most important part of a trip is the journey, not the destination. Very philosophical if I do say so myself. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

I thought that was Moses. 8O

posted by  vwhobo

but moses just doesnt have that jolly disposition....hes more the miracle kind of guy.

posted by  SuperJew

So are you saying if you could pull off a miracle, like making Paris Hilton your girlfriend, you wouldn't be jolly?

posted by  vwhobo

nope....id be horny. :twisted:

posted by  SuperJew

That would be an excellent name for a rock band. Horny Moses.

posted by  vwhobo

yes it would....yes it would.

posted by  SuperJew

What is this conversation about, better yet, how did it start? I thought it was a Christmas get-together, record setter, or how to set GMT zones. Guess we need an Aussie in here to really get it going ! Maybe a penman of great auto books(dadsofdumbkids.com) would help. ///

posted by  lectroid

partaking=verb// part take her = verb verb noun ?

posted by  lectroid

I think the title of this thread is free association... or maybe what time it be. Who knows? Speaking of which.

A Norwegian took a trip to Fargo, North Dakota. While in a bar, an Indian on the next stool spoke to the Norwegian in a friendly manner.

"Look," he said, "let's have a little game. I'll ask you a riddle. If you can answer it, I'll buy YOU a drink. If you can't then you buy me one. OK?"

"Ja, dat sounds purty good," said the Norwegian.

The Indian said, "My father and mother had one child. It wasn't my brother. It wasn't my sister. Who was it?"

The Norwegian scratched his head and finally said, "I give up. Who vas it?"

"It was ME," chortled the Indian.

So the Norwegian paid for the drinks. Back in Sioux Falls the Norwegian went into the bar and spotted one of his cronies, "Sven," he said, "I got a game. If you can answer a question, I'll buy you a drink. If you can't, you have to buy me vun. Fair enough?"

"Fair enough," said Sven.

Ok...my father and mudder had vun child. It vasn't my brudder. It vasn't my sister. Who vas it?"

"Search me," said Sven. "I give up, who vas it?"

"It vas some Indian up in Fargo, North Dakota."

posted by  vwhobo

http://www.toonedin.com/movies/WhiteTrashXmas.html

posted by  lectroid

Sooooo.....

Is there a plan for Christmas day and making a record "most members on" that day?

What's the word on the street?

word on the street says youre coking up....whats up with you BW? haha

i dunno bout word on the street...

posted by  SuperJew

Oh...I've been doing some of this...and a little of that...a bit here...a bit there...

Just sittin at work, keepin busy and checking here every so often...that's all.

I guess this whole thing never happened....just as I thought. muahahaha

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message