posted by  BavarianWheels

English please.

posted by  vwhobo

*ahem*
since it was asked, here it is

"holla"

:D

posted by  asa67_stang

hey ladyswarbird. welcome to the forums.

"holla"

:D

posted by  SuperJew

I live a mile up a holla and then turn right for a quarter mile up another holla. Does that count for a holla? But we call them hollers :P Welcome, hope you have a sense of humor or armor plate.

posted by  lectroid

Or maybe both... LOL... Actually this is THE BEST moderated site I have ever seen... Even by just the members... Quick to regulate, etc. Anyway, I don't post much, I am more of the "read more, post less" philosophy, but sometimes I get a wild hair to say something, but I try not to say too much unless it will actually do someone good... This post, however, does not fall into that category, but owell... Nice to meet you all, and all that good stuff. :D

posted by  regalone

I speak wannabe ghetto so I will do my best to translate.

LadysWarbird said "Hey, Virginia is part of the "dirty" South."

;) :D

posted by  Satty101

First let me say I'm not calling yout interpretation wrong, but... The DC metro area is part of the "dirty south"? You're kidding me right. It might be south of Racine but where I live that's Yankee territory.

On another note, why would a nice white boy like you want to talk "ghetto"? :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

Why would anyone want to talk ghetto :?: I believe ebonics is only accepted in CA.

posted by  lectroid

nah nowadays ive noticed high schools all across the country, as well as the slummy areas of cities, are "accepted ghetto speak" areas.....its terrible. 8O

posted by  SuperJew

I guess what I meant was- in the school system.

posted by  lectroid

yeah. sometimes I just have to step back and think...what went wrong??

posted by  SuperJew

Dunno homie

posted by  lectroid

lol, so dat means dat dis topic was da one fo tha dicussion of da G's?

*thinks* what the hell did I just say?

posted by  Satty101

UM. me too :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

unfortunately, i have found out that the Mason-Dixon line, is actually the northern border of Maryland... (now, this is from unconfirmed sources, but i believe i looked it up somewhere, don't care to put in enough effort to tracking it down now, maybe i will later)

this gives Marylanders the option of calling themselves "southerners"
being a native Floridian, i wanna smack them when they do this
you can't even get decent grits here, so no, they are not southerners in any sense, other than technically

posted by  asa67_stang

posted by  lectroid

wow... i was right, that never happens... ;)

i overheard one guy i work with mention something along the lines of "man, i should have gone to the south a long time ago! this southern hospitality is awesome!" (he was talking about girls in a club i think...)
i was stunned by that statement.... i just sat there looking at him like an idiot for a few minutes

posted by  asa67_stang

Hey, im new on this site, and i'd like to introduce mytself. My names dustin, and i have a 1996 cavalier. I was wondering who else has one?.. I would also like to ask for help with my car. The cavalier logo on the back and front of the car, i'd like to take off..give it a custom feel. Anyone know how i'd go about doing that?.... Thanks !

http://www.danielsweetdesign.com/Assets_Portfolio/Quik/QS_Logo.jpg

posted by  Dustin

ok man. We have a forums called "indroduce youself" for a reason. Click the naked ladies link in my signature to get a driect link.

posted by  Satty101

You should put some effort into it. All around you is excellent reference on the Civil War, as many of the larger battles were fought fairly close to us. As a transplanted Northwesterner (Seattle/Bremerton, WA area), I've found it quite fascinating. Marylanders are decidedly not Yankees, but you're right in that they aren't truly Southerners in the classic sense. But, the area from Baltimre to DC and Northern Virginia is still Southern in leanings.

There's a lot to be learned here about American history.

posted by  ChrisV

I'm sorry, maybe its just me, but why did Dustin decide to post a question in a completly different Thread that was over 5 months old???? :screwy:

posted by  Voda48

errr.... no clue?

EDIT: I Believe he's introduced himself allready??? why twice?

posted by  Bubba

Oh well.... some folks just plum puzzle other folks...

posted by  StiMan

I know! I saw Vwhobo's name in there and i thought he returned :hi: but then i saw that the post was 5 months old...oh well :banghead:

posted by  Bubba

He introduced himself after he made the post in here. Then, after he read my post above, he went and introduced himself the correct way (or atleast the way we encourage). The reason for him to introduce himself in here first, well, we may never know...

posted by  Satty101

Ah...Right, Missed that :thumbs:

posted by  Bubba

Your Message