People not to listen to on this forum - I am fair game.

Home  \  Off Topic  \  People not to listen to on this forum - I am fair game.

this is just a comprehensive list of people that have been known to say stupid things. Not to hurt their feelings, just to help newcommers understand that nothing said in here is perfect.

I hope this thread continues on for awhile, i think it will be important.

I guess i'll put my name down first.

:oops:

posted by  carls47807

Haha, that's funny. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the faster growing and longer threads around. Simply for the reason that people will place names, (point fingers?), and then will be the retaliations!

This shall be somewhat interesting!

Mind you, I think I'll sit back quietly and watch!

Regards...

posted by  ziffgone

88grandprixse

it is officially started

posted by  carls47807

Great, a thread dedicated to putting people on a black list. :screwy:

posted by  theman352001

Ugh. You haven't been around long enough to realize what goes on around here. Every single little topic has turned into a flame war. Even my topic ("What if we institued an anti-flame rule?") turned into a flame war. Will making another thread cause another flame war? Definitly. Will making a thread asking about torque and horsepower start a flame war? Most definitly. Sitting back and watching is a good idea, at least Adam thinks it is.

My only question is to carl is, why did you start this? I mean, we already know who hates who and everything. Did we really have to write it down?

BTW = Whats wrong with 88grandprixse?

posted by  Godlaus

yes, because i think it is important for newbies sto have a good idea of who knows what they are talking about around here.

keep filling this thread up with junk, we are supposed to be putting names down.

posted by  carls47807

A post for N00bs. Great. Well, if you really want to know, the only people I would suggest, would be carexpert or Ki2ay. carexpert's herer to learn, not to tell, and Ki2ay has a few problems that need to be worked out.

You never answered my question, by the way. What good is having a newb stay away or ignore somebody if they don't know why?

posted by  Godlaus

to answer your questions:

that as specifically why i started this thread. because we have been around here awhile and we have an idea of who knows what they are talking about. when you post names of people that fit the thread's title, feel free to give examples or links to stupid comments they have said.

it is like filling out a survey, you can't always listen to one person but if one persons name keeps coming up a lot they are clearly retarded and shouldn't be taken seriously.

posted by  carls47807

Carexpert and Ki2ay speak for themself, but care to answer one of my original questions?

Ki2ay's record;
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?p=80769#post80769
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10717
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=6095
(There's more, but I don't have the connection speed right now to go more in depth)

Carexpert's record;
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=8383
Argh, I can't find the one where he talks about himself smoking. anyone able to?

So, what's wrong with 88?

posted by  Godlaus

he says "Well, depends on which head-gasket it is. The front one I can do in 4 hours, so 4 x 50(shop rate) + $80 (parts) = $280. Rear one on the other hand is quite a bit harder, you actually have to remove the intake manifold (you can just pry up the intake with a crobar for the front, so you don't have to replace the gasket or waste time taking it off) it'd probably be another hour or 2 for the rear one. Depends on the shop you go to, you're probably looking at 8 hours labour, so $400, and $100 max in parts, so $500 at most probably." in the 93 pontiac sunbird thread

or take a look at my timing chain/gear replacement thread. he doesn't seemed too informed on these topics, yet he gives no sense of doubt. read the whole post for further proof.

posted by  carls47807

No offense to anyone, but I think this is a really stupid thread... but my person on the "Index of CF."

CarEXPERT

posted by  StiMan

Actually carls47807, this thread won't even remotely enlighten a newbie as to who knows anything around here. As Godlaus initally said, most threads here turn into flaming competitions, this one most likely.

A newbie entering into this thread will only be confused. As "Bob" will bash "Joe", but "Sue" will bash "Bob", and so on, and so on, until it all gets extremely confusing for the newbie. Ultimately, the newbie will think everybody says stupid things in all their posts...and they'll just leave.

I'd suggest ditching this thread.

Regards...

posted by  ziffgone

well so far it's been only 3 people, doesn't sound like a gang bang to me mr. righteous.

posted by  carls47807

Right on

posted by  carls47807

BanffAutoSpa_ap

what a dick! numerously states uninformed information, has probably gotten alot of people in accidents from his bad info and just likes flying off the handle on people.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

:orglaugh: Nice!!

I wonder how many people have been injured due to CF advice?? :laughing:

posted by  windsonian

are you referring to me, and if so when have i given uninformed information (without stating that it may be uninformed information?)

posted by  carls47807

He was referring to himself ... see his name there?? :banghead:

It was a joke ... and quite a good one.

posted by  windsonian

wow, i'm usually on the ball, sorry about that one too many knotheads at school today.

and props for going off the handle all the time, this forum is boring when people aren't arguing. it'd be cool if you could confine it to just a couple of threads though.

anybody know where 88grandprixse is these days anyways?

posted by  carls47807

crying because someone doesnt like him???

lol, jp 88GP

posted by  Satty101

i mean come on get a grip, maybe some common sense, wheres your head at foo, i swear if my dad was here he would woop your ass and your dads ass both at the same time. ahhh yes theres my handle :mrgreen:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

i heard somewehre that i can stick my fingers into a cooling fan to make sure it is working, is that true?

posted by  carls47807

No, you have to use your head.

posted by  StiMan

People not to listen to- StiMan

posted by  CarEXPERT

okay carexpert, i think we've established you have to give a couple of reasons...

posted by  carls47807

Tried it. Doesn't work. :laughing:

posted by  Godlaus

you gotta admit, though--for a forum with a tendency towards flame wars, this thread has remained fairly light hearted... :hi:

btw, dodger65 don't know crap, and he'll tell you so in 1000 words or more... :screwy: :screwy: :drool: :drool:

posted by  dodger65

haha, i was just thinking the same thing.

i bet you thousands have people have already been helped because of this thread.

i miss 88grandprixse. i'm not going to lie i started this thread after the whole timing belt chain incident, and i think i got rid of him for good. i was sick of his pic anyways.

i always have fun with you guys. :thumbs:

oh yea, dodger65, osberstos, wally, vwhomo, chris v, all decent people to listen to. look at me i'm asskissing!

posted by  carls47807

I'm pretty sure Im on hobos ignore list.

So i can say whatever the hell I want about him. :hi:

posted by  shev

thanks and don't sell yourself short on good info, but you probably want to call him vwhoBo if you want to properly asskiss...

...i'm not going anywhere near the 88grandprixse thing... :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

You might want to add DodgeRida67 on that list. He has many very informative posts. As does: DSMer, and, sometimes, Godlaus. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

lol, we're turning into an ass-kissing thread instead of a flaming thread, as it was intended. Isn't it ironic?

I'll throw in stiman as another informative mind, he's brilliant for his age.

posted by  Godlaus

Lol Man. He he. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

AHHAHA.. you call him smart for his age??? I'm about his age and I bet you anything im smarter than him when it comes to automotive engines.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Go f*ck yourself.

posted by  StiMan

Yes you know its true.. its alright to be jeolous.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Its really not true man. As I said we know things about cars in different areas. We dont need to keep argueing about the same damn subject.

posted by  StiMan

I'd like to be nominated in at least one of the classifications if at all possible? :smoke:

Chrisv, Greek Warrior, DSMer, VWHobo, ..... anyone? Hello, hello .....oh come on pick me pick me. :drool:

posted by  Wally

Nobody ever listen to Wally. He's always right, has spent more years under the hood of a car than I've been alive, numerously states correct information, never flames, and is the shadow player that 'works around the edges'.

It's painfully obvious that Wally should be banned for all of his incompetence :roll:

Lol, I thought you liked being the anonymous donor, wally, why the all of a sudden crave for attention?

BTW= I thought Team America : World Police only appealed to younger generations, like me. What was your favorite part?

posted by  Godlaus

The sex scene :mrgreen:

posted by  Wally

From what I have seen here is my list.

What
Supras are gay
Big V8

posted by  99integra

Ha Ha Ha ... he's got you there StiMan. It was quite funny.

posted by  windsonian

I'd probly have to say myself, dont know enough to give advice, only able to recieve it. :mrgreen: But i'm always happy to help whenever the chance comes up or atleast give an opinion (depending on the circumstances).

posted by  car_crazy89

... yeah, opinions. Ya gotta have those.

I don't mind throwing my 2c worth in. It may or may not be right, but if you try and be serious about it, then you can learn from your own mistakes without being flamed. (until I get flamed for this post of course).

posted by  windsonian

Yeah, thats exactly what I would say about myself...

posted by  moostang104314

ah dont feel too bad. i havent even been thanked once! :screwy:

posted by  Inygknok

Do you really think that he knows more than I do?

posted by  StiMan

I didn't say he knows more than you ... I said that his post was funny.

posted by  windsonian

Your Message