Chevy or Saturn

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Chevy or Saturn

well, I came home from bowling today with my dad and he tells me about this 97 Chevy S-10 that he found in the paper. So we go out to Union Grove to check it out. By the sign that says "pre-owned vehicles" (which I had to laugh about at first because of all the "OWNED!!!" talk nowadays) there were about 20 Brand New Ford F-150s. But thats beside the point. We finally get a sales person to help us locate the truck which happened to be around back and tell us about the truck. It turns out it's a Green Chevrolet S-10 LS 2-seater 5-speed 4-cyl truck with a red cap. I thought this to be a little odd. A green truck with a red cap. The paint on the Cap is coming off a little and there are some heavy suface scratches inside the bed. the truck has 59,xxx miles on it, a headgasket problem (which will probably be fixed within the next few days) and is selling for a little over 3K. Perfect exterior shape and perfect intirior shape. But now I need to decide whether I want to get this truck and share it with my dad along with his 2001 GMC Sierra or keep the same old Saturn SC1. I was just wondering what you guys would do in this situation. Get the truck or keep the car. both great on fuel economy and the S-10 has about 60 more hp. what would you choose?

posted by  Satty101

chevy....although if I were you spend your $$ elsewhere. you can get better than both of these...

posted by  SuperJew

That's kind of a hard call that only you can make. You can carry more stuff in the truck but you can carry more people in the car. The car will always get better gas mileage than the truck to the tune of about 10 mpg. That's pretty substantial when gas costs around $1.50 a gallon. The Saturn will also be cheaper to insure.

Here's the big one. You already know what your car is. The truck is an unknown, and let's face it at 59K it already has a blown head gasket, what's next?

My opinion is if you can borrow your dad's truck when you need a truck, stick with the car.

posted by  vwhobo

Amen

posted by  lectroid

Your Message