... ok, its getting confusing and annoying

Home  \  Off Topic  \  ... ok, its getting confusing and annoying

please let dead topics RIP its confusing to see a topic that hasnt been used in a long time start up again... to me anyways... would that be cool?

posted by  mazda6man

DUH UH :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

taking the Hobo's idea and putting it into effect on a new topic eh?

posted by  Satty101

It’s ironic for me to resurrect this so called ‘dead thread’ don’t you think? Especially when it’s my first post in about 3 months.
I can understand why so many forum members don’t like people bringing old topics to the top of a forum, but I think some consideration should be made for new members or long lost members like me who have something to say about a topic that they didn’t read when it was fresh.
I’ve resurrected topics before that have been so old that none of the members from when I joined “Car-Forums” had even posted to them until then. What I’m saying is that most of the topics from when people like Rich G would post are as good as new to most of the current members.
New members are always joining the forums and interesting points can always be made and learned in topics whether they’re a day old, a month old or years old.
Here’s an example of a topic that I would consider worth resurrecting: -

Someone’s asked how to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke in a car but five members have already replied and the thread starter is a one-post wonder that won’t have gone into the forums for about six months.
If I had a good alternative to the other five members suggestions then I’d post it for the sake of someone else who might want to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke in something like their house for resale for example.

Here’s an example of a one and a half year-old topic that I wouldn’t consider worth resurrecting: -

“Who’s going to “Max Power” in July?”
:tard: “duh a went to dat 1 dat civic waz mAd tyTe waznt it”

posted by  snoopewite

Hey snoope, where the hell have you been man?
It's good to see you... :thumbs:

posted by  Unfedfat

ditto.

posted by  Satty101

It's good to be back for the change over guys. The main reason that I’ve been absent has been due to 'technical difficulties' but now I’m just waiting for the bugs to get ironed out in the new improved "Car-Forums".

posted by  snoopewite

Okay.

posted by  vwhobo

I don't know if I agree on that...some topics can be revived and have good results...I see it's been happening pretty often recently :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

You mean like with the Hobo's post? :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

Yeah...he revived at least one or two more posts today...just to cuss out an ingrate :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I'll get you for this Hoobboooooo!!! *voice trails off as though falling from a cliff*

posted by  windsonian

it's got that new vintage flavor.

posted by  enron fever

Your Message