Any Body Else Not AEating For 30 Hours?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Any Body Else Not AEating For 30 Hours?

Hey, is there anybdy else out there who is famining for 30 hours? It's to raise money for poor countries. I didn't have anything to do, so I signed up, and they just lock us up in my school's library, and we only get water. Not as fun as I thought it would be. :banghead: I'm so hungry now.

posted by  chris_knows

I have a friend who was going to or is doing it and she was trying to talk people into doing it with her. She said something about being able to eat plain rice or something and thats about it, and also drinking water. I was gonna do but i never heard anything else of it and to be honest, i REALLY dont think i'd make it, i am sometimes hungry like every 2 or 3 hours lol. And for some reason school days seem to be the worst. I hope it gets better for you and that you can find other things to do other then to be locked up and sit around. Good luck with it. :thumbs:

posted by  car_crazy89

Honestly, I understand your intention to help the poor, but don't hurt yourselves! A sick man isn't able to help anymore.
My suggestion: Just try to work harder, then you can give money to charity. Run for office and make wise decisions. Finally you're really able to help others.

BTW, I haven't eating for about 48 hours for two weeks ago, because I was so drunk that I couldn't eat anymore... :wink2:

posted by  lutz

Haha thats a good reason why not to eat, some people also do after getting a good high or whatever. You got a point about other things you can do to help but not everyone has the time to put towards doing that kind of stuff.

posted by  car_crazy89

I didn't organize it, my school started it, about 2 months ago...I was thinking piece of cake...:screwy:

posted by  chris_knows

That's right. In the recent years I made moderate money to live. At 9/11 I just send 1000 Euros to the NY firefighter familys whose lost a beloved person during rescue others. I wasn't able to send more, but my inner voice said it wasn't enough.

At these days I invested all my money into my business, but not to others, because I have to help myself before helping others. I'm sure that I can help more in this kind. And I always did.

posted by  lutz

Well its not really what you do or how much you give, its really the thought that counts. Not everyone can afford to do some of the things that other people might but its also not expected to be done the same from everyone. Some people could care less and just ignore it and not bother to do anything about it. And its not a bad thing that you dont go out of your way too much and risk messing something up by giving too much.

posted by  car_crazy89

Common initiatives like some celebreties doing right now is a efficient way to push the world's rich country governments to think twice. It is the voice that counts. Even if someone send a billion, it wouldn't solve all problems.

Yelling loud with a powerful voice can shake up some governments... ...even those from the poor countries whose living in a costly palace. -- to shake their foundations... :wink2:

posted by  lutz

Thats true, but would just sending money really solve anything or would it just be a temporary diversionand make things okay until the money ran out and then it all starts over again. You also never know how the money may be distributed. You can only hope that they finally find a way to atleast cut donw on the number of problems like famine and other things.

posted by  car_crazy89

Did you heard about the Swedish guy who went to Thailand with a suitcase loaded with 1 Million bucks to buy mopeds and stuff like that after the tsunami? :laughing:

posted by  lutz

Haha nope, never heard anything about it. You would get good deals for the money, buy then sell for double, maybe even triple what you paid. The things money makes you do.

posted by  car_crazy89

He wanted to ensure that his money goes to the right direction, so he bought just everything by himself and gave it to the people to go back on business. I like that guy. :laughing:

posted by  lutz

Oh well in that case its a good thing. I thought you meant to buy then resell at a profit. Just goes to show that some people think of others and not just themselves.

posted by  car_crazy89

He is a Swedish millionaire who spend one million for the Thai people whose lost nearly everything to exist. He was gone to the people and asked what they need to survive and he just bought it for them. No bureaucracy!

posted by  lutz

Now thats what you call a Saviour in a sense. Helping in ways thats actually giving the people what they need instead of just random things to start them off again. It must be nice to have the time and money to do that kinda stuff for people and know your making a difference.

posted by  car_crazy89

...and what a difference! This guy has been consistent. I'm not sure what his job is, but what he did is a very rare case.

posted by  lutz

I'd say so. A lot of rich or richer people would never think of doing anything for anyone else except themselves. Money can be a hard thing to part with and its even harder for some people. You can only imagine how many people talk about what he's done (take us for example).

posted by  car_crazy89

Yeah, I'm always strapped for cash, but I still try to give at least something to fundraisers. You just don't know which one is a scam though.

posted by  chris_knows

Thats true, and thats why some people dont give money is cause you never know what its for or where it might be going. The only thing you can really do is guess and hope you chose the right one.

posted by  car_crazy89

That's normal. One thing is sure, he shamed other rich people. :laughing:

The best is to focus to one specific project, getting some insider knowledge. Then you can be to 90% sure whats happen with your funds. It's a thing of trust.

posted by  lutz

Hey...I survived!! :mrgreen: But I'm never going to do it again...Maybe next year. :doh:

posted by  chris_knows

Haha so much for 'never going to do it again' lol. Apparently it was karder then you thought it was. But congratulations on completeing it, probly gonna raid the fidge, cupboards and anything else now though lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

I have a friend and her boyfriend told me thay do it. They walk knock to the door and ask for money. in a nice way and don't eat for 30 days. I could try it and loose some fat

posted by  mumin

the most ive went was three days and as long as ur not thinkin bout it or not doing anything 2 extravagent then ull b alright lol i did it then wrestled every day 4 3 days straight an i was alright lol its possible but not very smart

posted by  hhsrastler92

Your Message