WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE ?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE ?

Who is your favorite black(african american)actor ? Mine would have to be Morgan Freedman. Humping Miss Daisy... I know he was..............I'm probably going to be banned :) Seriously, he is my favorite........... Ray Charles doesn't count, although he does play a GREAT blind singer.

posted by  lectroid

A better question to me is why are we so politically correct that we use the term "African/American". How many blacks in the USA were born in Africa or have even traveled there? Why is it more important to be African than American? Why don't I get a special designator like "Eastern European American"?

My best friend's family has been in this country since the mid 1800's. He is black. My family came over in the early 1900's. I am white. We are both just Americans with no prefixes, and that's the way it should be.

To answer your question, my favorite black actor is Lawrence Fishburne.

posted by  vwhobo

I'd have to agree with VWHobo, as far as the Politically Corect statement goes, however, my favorite would have to be either Will Smith, or Martin Lawrence.

posted by  WannabeWrxOwner

To be very truthfull, in my area we are not politically correct, whites blues, yellows, browns all get along. Very good point, why do the blacks call each other nigger and think it's funny? call whites crackers, and we don't care. White boy call them a nigger and the fight is on, I don't understand. Don't want to hear about 200 years of oppression.

posted by  lectroid

Here is something to think about. What if you were born in Africa, move to the USA and become a citizen but you are white! What would you be then? You should be a African-American because that is what you are. Would you then get the benafits becoming of being an African-American, or would you just be considered a normal white individual and not get anything?

posted by  Mustang79

Sorry forgot, favorite black actor has to be Samuel L. Jackson

posted by  Mustang79

South African/American?

posted by  vwhobo

You'd then be known as South African...

posted by  BavarianWheels

Don't ask me why but somehow I'm a big fan of Wesley Snipes... You know he's not that big and all...

posted by  Unfedfat

it's called a loop-hole
you could put yourself down as Af/American, and anyone that disputed and said that you were not one could face a lawsuit for discrimination

abusing the system can be a good thing

posted by  asa67_stang

Abuse, by definition, is never good.

if someone abuses the system, costs you tax dollars, and causes you grief, and you get the opportunity to use a loop-hole that will benefit you, would you take it?

yes, it's all good to say, from a moral standpoint, that abusing the system is bad
but when it comes down to it, will that prevent you from doing what countless others do?

and for the record, yes, generally speaking, any abuse is bad stuff

posted by  asa67_stang

I see a loop-hole as a detail missed. To make use of a loop-hole then is to find an opening.

Abuse: Having receipts for $1,500.00 in deductions, but claiming $2,000.00 (or more) knowing the odds for the audit are slim. Abusive and illegal.

A loop-hole: Donating to a 501C3 and denying the government some cash...legal.

:D :D

All white Africans are not born or live in South Africa. I hope it was just you not knowing better and not being in some way racists?

posted by  Mustang79

Perhaps you can answer this question for us. Why is it that whenever people have a dialog that pertains to race, some dildo (in this case you) has to come along and start insinuating one or more of the people are racist?

If someone thought that a white person from Africa must be South African they might be mistaken, confused, uninformed, ignorant or wrong but not racist. On the other hand they might know that around 98% of all caucasians that live in Africa come from South Africa and assumed. Or horror of horrors, he was trying to inject a bit of humor. Speaking of which;

Two guys work together - a black guy and a white guy. The black guy notices that the white guy always came to work with a smile on his face. He asks him, "Man, how come you come to work with a smile on your face every day?"

The white guy replied "That's because I make love to my wife every morning before work." Amazed the black guy asks him how he gets his wife to make love to him every morning. "That's easy," the white guy said. "I just tell her the same poem when I wake up: Blondie, Blondie, eyes so blue, I just love waking up and making love to you!"

Determined, the black guy decides to take his friend's advice.

The next day the black guy shows up to work all beat to hell - black eyes, broken nose, fat lip... the works. The white guy says, "Man, what happened to you?" The black guy says "I don't know, I went home and tried your advice." "Well, what poem did you tell your wife?" the white guy asked.

The black guy replied: "Nappy head, Nappy head, eyes like a frog, If I could roll your fat ass over, I'd do you like a dog!"

posted by  vwhobo

I'll have to add that one to my list of "good one."

:)

You're not implying anything, eh? What about this;

It seems to me that you yabber so much you don't remember what it is that you're saying, typing, insinuating or implying. Bottom line is you are the person who introduced the word racist to this discussion. That is a fact, not an opinion.

posted by  vwhobo

I was implying that it would seem racist that white people could only live in South Africa. What would someone white who comes from Zimbadwe read that message? If he is like you he would blow his top and and call Barvarianwheels racists because his comment suggests if he doesn't come from South Africa he has to be black! Assuming and playing the percentage game is not the right way to take this subject because if your not 100% right you could be labeled a racist even if your not! Good joke by the way

posted by  Mustang79

lets get back on topic folks...my fav is Dave Chapelle

posted by  SuperJew

This pretty simple really. Read all of the posts above. YOU are the one who inserted the issue of racism into the discussion. Nowhere in my post did I say it was right (if you can read, I said exactly the opposite) but it is still not racism as YOU suggest. Think about it.

posted by  vwhobo

but.... but....

that would involve WORK!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

*a look of shock fills my face at the suggestion*

posted by  asa67_stang

Then I guess playing the "assuming" game on my "implications" is also like playing the "percentages game" you accuse me of and thus you're not 100% right either. You are now labeled WRONG and unable to discuss without the dreaded "foot in mouth" disease.

Uh...nope.

I was not implying anything, I was just using an example to show what you said was incorrect. I never called anyone an racist or even ignorant.
But if you think otherwise, well thats your opinion and I'll respect that.

posted by  Mustang79

:popcorn:

posted by  SuperJew

I just saw this old thread and thought it would be worth reviving for the joke. Damn I'm funny.

posted by  vwhobo

I forgot his name, but the guy who played in john Q

posted by  newyorker

Samuel Jackson. I know he did a bad job for the most part in the Star Wars movies, but they were written horribly. Anyone ever seen unbreakable?

posted by  jedimario

mine will have to be either Samuel L Jackson or Denzel Washington - he was good on Man On Fire

posted by  True_Brit

have to agree with you on that one my friend:clap: very god movie right there:laughing:

posted by  starscream0

yes, lots of shooting when the action starts!

posted by  True_Brit

yeah, i thought it was funny when someone didnt give him an answer he just shot them in the hand... or stuck C4 up their ass

posted by  starscream0

the c4 bit was a laugh!

posted by  True_Brit

yeah... i wanna kno what the guy was thinking when he woke up... it was probably something like

posted by  starscream0

ha yeah! he was going on saying hes got all the time in the worl etc etc!

i also like Jay Chandrasekhar, (writer, director) of Super Troopers

posted by  True_Brit

Denzel Washington. He really knows what he's doing.

posted by  Bronxie

like superjew said years before me

dave chappelle

posted by  nighthawk

I'm going to say Samuel L. Jackson, the unforgettable Jules of Pulp Fiction, but a close second is Denzel Washington, especially for his performance in Training Day.

Jamie Foxx is moving up the rankings though...

posted by  Mathew

did you see collateral ?

he's great in that movie

posted by  nighthawk

Probably Will Smith. I liked his July 4th dominance for a while there...

posted by  JaneiR36

wait... who was the one guy with the white guy who had the funny moustace in the recent movie Miami Vice? cause he was good in it... i probably kno who it is but i cant think of his name right now

posted by  starscream0

jamie foxx isnt it
http://www.miamivice.com/main.html

posted by  True_Brit

Big Willy (Will Smith) as an action actor & Martin Lawrence as a comedian

posted by  Emperor Mosta

Yes, Michael Mann is one of my favorite directors (Though I haven't seen Miami Vice yet). Heat is one of my favorite movies of all time.

For all the Will Smith fans, I like him in his comedies/comedy romances. I just can't stand him in action or dramas.

posted by  Mathew

will smith

posted by  81-camaro

yeah, thats it. thanks.
saw that movie not too long ago and it was an ok movie... not one of the best. although there were alot of sex scenes in it:thumbs:

posted by  starscream0

BLADE FTW!

posted by  jackal2000

I didn't think he was particularly great in Ali, but boy, Enemy of the State I could watch a million times!!

posted by  JaneiR36

i saw that the other day, boy what a great film! i think he was great in bad boys 1 & 2

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message