Woot woot

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Woot woot

I descided to enter last minute in a sound compitition and ended up placing first in best sound quality. lol it was sweet. I have two alpine 12 inch type-s subs and 2 alpine 6 by 9's and two 4 inch alpine speakers in the front with a 700 watt vpower alpine amp and a nice alpine head unit (is that the name?) Anyways it was fun....yeah..waste of time... :sleep:

:laughing:

posted by  DSMDriver

What's DSM

posted by  TurboLag

Diamond Star Motors

posted by  Inygknok

Not a waste of time if you ask me. Everybody enjoys different things in cars. Some like speed with sotck sound, others go all sound, others all look, etc. Some things are wastes of time to certain people.

posted by  Satty101

Diamond Star Motors as Inygknok said. It was an alliance between Chrysler (Chrysler, Dodge, and Plymouth) and Mitsubishi to make cars together. The Mitsu Eclipse and the Eagle (made by Dodge) Talon were pretty much the same car. I believe they did this around the early 90's. You may want to ask DSMer for more info, but I think I have it. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Was the Plymouth Laser part of the same family, same as or close to the Talon and Eclipse?

posted by  car_crazy89

I believe so. They had basically the same body style of the Eclipse and Talon, but Im not sure if they shared the same motor or not.

posted by  Satty101

Okay i thought i heard/read it somewhere but wasnt sure. I myself would rather the Eclipse first and if not that then the Talon but thats just me.

posted by  car_crazy89

stealth/avenger and 3000gt....

posted by  dodgerforlife

Those cars were not produced at the DSM plant and are therefore not considered DSM's.

The DSM joint venture was put into effect in the late 80's and yielded the Eagle Talon, the Eclipse, and the Plymouth laser. The Laser/Talon/Eclipse are exactly the same car minus some minor body changes, all of which are pretty easily interchangable. The AWD Laser is fairly uncommon but is identicle to the Eclipse/Talon.

Copy & Paste

October 1985, Diamond-Star Motors (DSM) was incorporated as a joint venture of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) and Chrysler Corporation.

April 1986, ground broken for the auto assembly plant in Normal, Illinois. Construction of the 1.9 million square foot facility, with an annual production capacity of 240,000 vehicles, was completed in March 1988.

Diamond-Star Motors simultaneously launched its first two mass production vehicles in September 1988: the Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Plymouth Laser.

In 1989, 90,741 vehicles were produced. A second production shift and a third shift for engineering and maintenance were added in May 1989.

In 1991, MMC purchased Chrysler's 50 percent share and the plant became a wholly-owned subsidiary of MMC. On July 1, 1995, Diamond-Star Motors was renamed Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America, Inc.

In October 1995, MMMA celebrated the one-millionth vehicle - which was the first Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder convertible. It was also the 10th anniversary of incorporation.

The plant has had three expansions since 1988; the most recent was in November 2000 when groundbreaking occurred for a 170,000 square foot expansion to Stamping and Body Shops to accommodate the new sport utility to be built at MMMA in 2003 (2004 model year ). Upon completion of this expansion, square footage will be 2.5 million.

Rich Gilligan joined MMMA in December 1998 as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer and began a restructuring and turnaround of plant operations.

posted by  Bino

Lol. Nice explination. :clap:

Well lastnight something hilarious happened. My best friend was at some chick's house and they were about to...ya know....and her dad walks in :banghead: ...hahahahahahaha. We laughed so hard. :laughing:

Oh and i'll post a picture of my car and system soon. Just gotta get un-lazy and take them.

:laughing:

posted by  DSMDriver

Plus, the Stealth and the Avenger are not the same car. Stealth = 3000GT, Avenger = Eclipse with extensive body changes. The roofline, interior, and suspension are the same as the Eclipse, but the Avenger has Mopar motors and exterior styling.

posted by  Bino

Actually I do not think they made a AWD Laser (1st Gen) My dad still has his 91 laser RS Turbo today (65,000 miles) and they Eclipse GSX was the same thing, jsut AWD if I remmeber correctly. But the motor is definatly Mitsu, you are right on that :thumbs:

posted by  Voda48

Your Message