SERVER?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  SERVER?

Yeah, I'm aware of it guys and been working on it for the last couple of days... :oops:

posted by  Unfedfat

Has anyone else, other than myself, been getting this error message? PHBB CRITICAL ERROR/ COULD NOT CONNECT TO SERVER. I haven't seen this one before and been getting it a lot :?: Wrong// could not connect to database :oops:

posted by  lectroid

Yes , I've been getting it alot the last few days, but only on this site. I think the server is getting bogged down with the brilliance of some of our newer members. Or maybe as SJ put it the other day, the phone lines are frozen. :?

posted by  vwhobo

iv'e been gettin it steadily, only on this forum though, my others are doin good

posted by  asa67_stang

I don't think it's a telco problem. Adam is probably aware of it. And then again, it could be.

posted by  lectroid

It might be a roger wilco problem or a rooty tooty problem. I'm not a server expert but I think they need to fix the whatchamacallit thingie do-dad. By the way;

There was a Microsoft Tech Support guy who joined the Army. He was hopeless on the firing range with a pistol. He shot a whole clip and never even hit the target. The Drill Instructor was not happy with his performance, and informed him of this.

The Tech Support guy went back to his position, reloaded, put his fingertip over the end of the barrel, and pulled the trigger, which, of course, neatly removed the end of his finger.

'Well,' he said to the D.I., clutching his finger, 'it's coming out of the gun all right. It must be a problem on your end.'

posted by  vwhobo

hahah thats a good one vwhobo...

and yes, Lectroid, i've been getting the same message lately...been pissing me off, but im glad its not just me! :phew:

posted by  SuperJew

NO. it was a Microsoft tech that joined the Air Force ;)

posted by  lectroid

i havent gotten anything like that yet

posted by  mazda6man

doubt it lectroid

what do you call a soldier?
Dog-Face
what do you call a sailor (or a seaman, i said seaman!! teehee!!)
a squid
what do you call a Marine?
Jar-Head

and what do you call an airman?

i'll leave the rest for the Hobo to finish
;)

posted by  asa67_stang

A free air sucker ;)

posted by  lectroid

You probably don't want to know what I call an airman. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

oh yeah....
you were a (senior? pretty sure you told me, but i forget things) NCO... that's right

well, the punchline to the joke is

Employable

and technically, airman is the term for all members of the AF, if you had said Airman, that'd be different
but you knew that, right sir?

posted by  asa67_stang

People get shot for calling me sir. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

SHOT? Do you have any flu vaccine?SIR

posted by  lectroid

I've received no such error message.

I was an "airman" from 1989-1993. Although the AF is easily made fun of, while stationed in Honduras, us AF guys frequently made fun of the ARMY grunts stationed there. They were housed in wooden hootches that weren't even taken care of. The ARMY dudes were constantly playing war games carrying their 75lb packs and kevlar helmets...the works...and running all over the base. Us AF guys, as there only for Engineering support, just wore our baseball caps around and walked around with not a care in the world. We also had air conditioned dormitories to live in with real restrooms and showers... Me being in the Engineering office with some of the ARMY Corps of Engineer guys, I had the great opportunity to make fun of their lifestyle. Oh...they hated me with a passion. On one weekend trip to Tegucigalpa, I bought some crayons and brought them back and filled all the pencil holders of the ARMY guys there in the office. I wrote a note next to each one reading, "If it was good enough for your ASVAB test, It's good enough for government work!!" That didn't go over too well with them nor their commander or mine. I received some words...but all I had to do from then on was mention crayons...and that really upset them. In the end, we all became friends. They were great guys!!

posted by  BavarianWheels

consider it nuked

posted by  SuperJew

OK SJ...but my topic heading was better suited.

And so...now I'm getting this error stuff...

Might as well delete the other topic, Mr. SJ Moderator.

Your Message