Are my relatives telling the truth?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Are my relatives telling the truth?

First, by elders I mean anyone related to me that has been driving for more that 2 years. I have heard from every single on of them that I will get bored of driving and it will become a chore, if you will, instead of fun. I want to know if any of the people who meet this criteria, except related to me of course, are sick and tired of driving.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

I too have heard that a lot. but I shake it off. Driving is too fun right now so imma enjoy it.

posted by  Satty101

Ya, that is a good point. I'm not saying that I'm not gonna enjoy driving while I can just because of what they said. I just wanted to know if anyone else feels this way.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

I see. say, have you seen that 69 Baldwin Camaro yet? looks cool. ;) :D

posted by  Satty101

Ya, I was checking that post of yours out. It will look real nice when it's all done. I love building models, but my brother is a person likes you who wants to paint everything possible. This does make for an extremely nicer finished product, but I just don't have that kind of patience, or a very steady hand, so I'd probably mess up somewhere along the line.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Yes. Maybe they just didn't explain what they meant. Chore= Driving everyday to the same destination, end of day, driving back to origin. Do this for years it' a chore. I don't know to many people that dis-like recreational driving, or trip driving.

posted by  lectroid

ya. I think I'll work on it tommorrow when I get home fomr school.

posted by  Satty101

I see. I didn't even bother to think of it like that. Even with that, like whenever I ask my mom, dad, or bro for a ride somewhere they either say no or complain about having to drive there. I just don't see how it could get boring, besides going back and forth like you said earlier.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

Well, maybe it's just an inconvienence for them?

posted by  lectroid

That could very well be.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

and thats why they should stop raising the driving age....

posted by  SuperJew

when did they raise it again?

posted by  Satty101

well for me i can get my full license at 17...no earlier.

posted by  SuperJew

Is that a law in NY, seventeen? How long do you have to have a permit?

posted by  lectroid

I'm pretty sure that in CO they passed a law that says if you are under 18 years old, you cannot drive with anyone else in the car unless someone in the car is 21 or older.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

I'm sure that's a good idea. Do they have to be breathing :rolleyes: If it's true, pretty dumb law :!:

posted by  lectroid

It is dumb, but I heard, from just other kids at school so I don't know if it's true, that if your b-day was before 1990, the law doesn't apply to you so really this won't take affect for a couple more years. This is, of course, if this is true.

posted by  Heat_Seeker

in washington, you have to have your license for a half year, and you can drive with up to 3 other people in the car, after a full year, it doesnt matter

posted by  mazda6man

to answer about my situation we have our permits for 6 moths before we can get our junior license....permit you can drive with any licensed driver over 21, junior license im not sure. here, just check this (http://www.shenet.org/high/LICENSE.HTM) site out....its the NYS DMV site regarding licenses and such.

posted by  SuperJew

In Wisconsin you have to have your temps for 6 months, pass your test, then when/if you get your license, you can only drive with 1n friend in the car until another 6 months is up.

posted by  Satty101

Your Message