SW Episode III:ROTS

Home  \  Off Topic  \  SW Episode III:ROTS

Anyone have any ideas about it?

My thoughts:

As the movie opened, I was thrown off the first time I saw it (seen it twice) w/the huge space battle...it seemed like something approriate at the end of a movie but I guess it was a diff. style. The writing still sucked hardcore...cheesy stupid lines...the acting by Padme and Anakin sucked...they seemed like they had no love or chemistry. Another thing that bothered me was the suit they used for Darth Vader...of course...Hayden Christensen is not tall or big...so the suit looks weird on him...too skinny and his head is too narrow. They made that suit for him...but they should have fixed the proportions or had a stunt double wear it.

Other than that...it is IMHO the best out of the last two movies...if you ignore the sappy stupid love parts...it's quite good...but still not better than IV-VI

Contribute...discuss.

posted by  NISSANSPDR

episode IV starts with a space battle...
I didn't like the vader suit either, it wasn't imposing ... but when you think about it, there's probably 25 years between III and IV, so he's probably filled out around the middle a bit :laughing:
good flick though ... you could notice many of the tie-ins to IV, especially the types of space-craft etc... the emperors guards etc.

posted by  windsonian

Seeing Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen kissing on the lips yesterday at some opening put me off a bit.

I quite enjoyed number 3 and the melding of 1970's futuristic at the end was probably the best they could have done under the circumstances.

posted by  Wally

The opening chase scene of IV is hardly on the scale of ANY of the battles...a battle must include more than 2 ships...only 2 ships is a confrontation or something. The fight at the end of IV is a battle, 20-30 mins into V is a battle (Hoth), end of VI is a battle...the Naboo fight is a battle from I, the Clone war was a battle in II

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Episode I and II were horrible...And nothing can beat the original IV-VI episodes. Haven't seen III yet but I have heard a lot of good things about it...It grossed $50 million in the first day, and $16.5 million at only the first midnight showing!!!! Can't wait to see it.

posted by  M3er

they wrent kissing in the mvie at all i thinck the mvie was awsome i plan seeing it agian

posted by  google.com

Yoda was the best part of the movie! :thumbs:

posted by  Bubba

I like it in episode two when yoda fights that one tall guy with white hair. He's jumping off walls, doin flips and everything. I laugh every time I see IV-VI because of how much a baby luke skywalker is. :laughing:

posted by  Accord_Man

ya the only good part of episode II is that fight

posted by  M3er

In Ep. II I thought anything w/the clones was pretty cool...the facility and the war against the droids..that was cool.

posted by  NISSANSPDR

lol! I loved the part where he walks in on Palpatine and flings off the guards with a "bitch, please!" look on his face...

posted by  ChrisV

yeah, that was great.

Kinda weird, he kicks imperial guards asses, but needs to ride a wookie to get from place to place.........

Number 2 on doug's all-time movie list

posted by  Godlaus

i have to agree. the scene where yoda walks in the room and the two royal guards start stepping to him... those royal guards couldn't stand a change against the baddest jedi in the universe.. :clap:

posted by  V960

isn't that because a jedi should only use the force when its an absolute necessety? when he is walking normal he uses only his bodily strength. at least i think thats why he has to ride a wookie in that situation

posted by  V960

Chewbacca knows his place...he better give him a ride or he'll collapse his trachea...or whatever he uses to breathe...lol

:ticking:

posted by  NISSANSPDR

I havent seen it yet but i really want to. Tickets have been sold out at every theater here!!! God damn Star Wars geeks :banghead: lol

posted by  FordFromHell351

I have yet to see any star wars movie, now that they are all out should I watch them 123456 or 456123?

posted by  jarvisx2000

We have been discussing that very question. I have seen them in the 456123 order. Heck, I saw Episode IV at the drive-in. I would like to be able to erase my knowlege of Star Wars and then watch them in order to see what that perspective would be like.

I think they would be just as good if you watched them in order of episode #. My buddy feels that you have to watch them in order of how they came out.

I'm predicting that somebody will write a book about the differenced in perceptions from watching them in order of how they came out vs. episode order.

posted by  theman352001

I think that I will watch them in the order they came out, just because I am sure there is a reason that he released them that way.

posted by  jarvisx2000

I was told by someone who calls himself a Star Wars Fan/Fanatic that the only reason they came out with 4,5 and 6 first was cause they were the easiest to do. As he said "Imagine them trying to do the space battles back in the 70's."

posted by  car_crazy89

I went to a sunday evening show over Memorial Day Weekend. All of 10 people in the theater to see it. Kind of like a private showing, almost.

posted by  ChrisV

does anyone find it funny how old the characters in episode IV must be? Chewbacca was in episode III so if hes in episode IV which is what? 30 years later? then hes one old wookie. And darth vader is way past his prime as well for his duel against luke in episodes V and VI...

posted by  RcCola

Haha must of been hard to find a seat :laughing: . I saw it the saturday after it came out, it was a good movie, never seen 4,5 and 6 though. I've been to a movie when it was only me and 2 friends in it, 2 other people came in and saw noone except us were there so they left.

posted by  car_crazy89

Actually, in '74 when Lucas wrote it, he had been studying classical mythology, and wrote a single script that had all the elements in it (the original Star Wars) set in space. When it was greenlighted, there was only part of one story on paper, and it was only after going into it that he realized that there was more to write about than one movie. So he rewrote it so that "Star Wars" could be a stand alone movie if it flopped, and he could do the rest if it didn't. By the time it was released, he had already written Empire Strikes Back, and decided to renumber them IV, V, and VI, to make it look like the middle of a larger epic. After Empire did so well, he told everyone that there were supposed to be 9 films in all, 3 before the three we saw first, and then three after, though absolutely nothing was written. In fact, with other writers involved in the Star Wars universe, writing novels and comics, it was actually the fan base that wrote most of the "prequels" that we know know as Episode I, II, and III.

Episode IV was given an 8 million dollar budget, but it went over budget and almost was killed by the studio before being edited and released. Lucas funded most of Empire and it had a $25 million budget and IT went over... All of the problems making the three original movies kept him from even wanting to make another Star Wars movie until computers made it feasable to do what he originally wanted (if you see Ralph McQaurrie's paintings for the origial movies, you know that Lucas wanted them to be richer visually than they were, and he was limited by inventing the tech of the day.)

But no, originally it was only supposed to be one, MAYBE two movies, and he was able to stretch it to three.

posted by  ChrisV

Actually, considering that Episode III ends with Luke and Leia's birth, there's only 16 years between Episode III and IV. Not much of a stretch at all. hell, Chewie could only be the equivalent of 20 in Episode III...

posted by  ChrisV

I saw the original Star Wars when it came out in '77. Over 10 times that year. And I own the video collection of the original version AND the newest DVD collection of the redone versions (with the added computer graphics)

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message