Firepower?!?!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Firepower?!?!

ok can anyone think of a worse name for the chrysler Firepower, than the Firepower? :banghead: what are these people thinking?! :screwy:

posted by  V960

Read the name on the valve cover:

http://moparhouse.com/main/hemi24bl.jpg

Firepower is the name of the original Chrysler hemi engine, and a very tradtional Chrysler name from the '50s and '60s. I think it's a great name for the car.

But then again, I'm not a teenager who doesn't remember the earlier cars.

posted by  ChrisV

I think it will be great! I remember when they first tossed the name out for a new car recently, but they had it with an exclamation point! That was wierd. Firepower! just doesnt sound right to me. I think it will be cool. Finally the Corvette will have something to contend with. (I believe that the Firepower is the Dodge contender to the Vette.) :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

yea maybe. but the name, in my opinion, just doesn't fit with the era that we are now. for the people who remember the original firepower engine or whatever it should sound ok. but for the younger people, it just doesn't sound right. but i'm not saying the the car is great. i love the firepower and who it can potentially compete with. i just don't like the name.

posted by  V960

Yah saying that name almost sounds awkward to me. Especially in the tense ' I own a Chrysler Firepower'.

posted by  jarvisx2000

Teenagers won't be buying the car, and they aren't it's target market, so your opinion on it is not well thought out. It fits in fine with the era we are in now, and with the car itself.

Something else to remember... it's also not targeting potential Z06 buyers, but the buyers of the more touring type Corvettes. Performance should be good, but it's real direction is sport touring with a dash of luxury and style.

posted by  ChrisV

Hmmm. Rolls right off my tongue. Of course, I'm used to hearing it and saying it in comparisons to the engine for decades. Ataching it to the car is no more difficult than saying WRX STi.

posted by  ChrisV

[QUOTE=ChrisV] so your opinion on it is not well thought out.

perhaps...

posted by  V960

Man. Chrysler FirePower.

I am all over that like a fat kid all over cake. :orglaugh:

seriously!

posted by  dodgerforlife

Haha it might just be me but its kinda hard to take someone serious when then use a fat kid and cake together :laughing: i'm just kidding. I agree, the name does suit the car and the car itself looks great.

posted by  car_crazy89

Chrysler Crapwagon? I reckon that's worse :mrgreen:

posted by  windsonian

haha.. i take it you don't like the name then? yea that would sound worse. how about.. oh i can't think of a worse one.. it'll come to me sometime...

posted by  V960

nah, I don't mind firepower, but your question was what's worse ... and i reckon i answered it. :mrgreen:

posted by  windsonian

hah. maybe most of the older people like the name. the young'ns don't, usually.

posted by  V960

how "young'ns" are we talking here? I'm only 18....

posted by  dodgerforlife

i'm talking 0-25..maybe

posted by  V960

And how many teenagers wil be able to afford it? Well, other than the few that come on here asking whether they should get a new Aston or a new Ferrari because their mom is buying it... :screwy:

Seriously, it's taken square aim at a particular target market, and you're not it. People like me are.

posted by  ChrisV

ah, but see, that's not my point. we can or can't buy it, that doesn't completely matter but we can still like it or not. its just opinions. who cares if we like it or not right? but its fun to discuss about it anyway :roll:

posted by  V960

My point is looking into what you base opinoinos ON. Opinions aren't cast in stone, nor are they always based on actual knowledge. So what I do is examine those opinions to see what they are based on, and then to see if what they are based on has any relevance to reality.

Hell, I even do that to my opinions all the time. Opinions should be based on knowledge, not just on conjecture.

For example, if someone came on here and said it was their opinion that all 4 cyl cars are slow, and will only BE slow, because they once had a tired old VW Rabbit L, would that opinion be valid? Would it be agreed with? Would it be TRUE? Even if it was based on the "fact" that he had a slow Rabbit L?

posted by  ChrisV

yes thats a good point but my opinion is on just the name alone. it all lies in the eyes of the perceiver. if ones like it thats fine. but my opinion can be valid enough for anyone who agrees with me. for those who do not, then so be it. they can like it and good for them. but understanding the roots of the name and understanding how the slightly older generation loves the name i won't accuse anyone of liking it and i won't accuse how apropriate the name just might be for the car. just me, i don't like it and thats simply an opinion and a damn good enough one for me.

and what you said about opinion being relavant to reality... reality is, that not everyone will think about the Firepower as you do. thats a fact and its in stone.. so i say that i don't like the way it looks, you say that you do. is my opinion relative to the way you perceive it? no, but its still reality.

another opinion that most will probably agree with is that the car would've had less people liking the name if they kept the Firepower! with the exclamation point :laughing: good thing they at least took that part out

posted by  V960

and I'm only 23...

posted by  windsonian

Your Message